Can the file Numbering Prefix on DJI Products Be Changed?
646 3 2019-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MRomine
Second Officer
Flight distance : 850971 ft
United States

DJI products all seem to use the same numbering prefix (at least the ones that I own) in their file numbering schemes. For example DJI_001.mp4 or DJI_001_DNG. Is there a way to change that numbering prefix in the device to one of your own making?  
2019-7-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. The file numbering scheme was designed by our developers. Every time the device will save a file, it will follow that numbering scheme. However, we can forward this concern to our designated department for attention. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!
2019-7-4
Use props
MRomine
Second Officer
Flight distance : 850971 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 7-4 08:45
Hi, Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. The file numbering scheme was designed by our developers. Every time the device will save a file, it will follow that numbering scheme. However, we can forward this concern to our designated department for attention. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!

It would be helpful if the user can customize and have the option of changing the prefix from DJI to something different. I often combine photos and/or video from one project but from multiple devices into the same folder on my computer (M2P and Oslo Pocket) and it would be less confusing if I could change the prefix to a custom prefix. Right now it just so happens that the numbers given to my videos taken by my Osmo Pocket and the videos taken by my M2P are running concurrently with each other.
2019-7-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

MRomine Posted at 7-4 09:07
It would be helpful if the user can customize and have the option of changing the prefix from DJI to something different. I often combine photos and/or video from one project but from multiple devices into the same folder on my computer (M2P and Oslo Pocket) and it would be less confusing if I could change the prefix to a custom prefix. Right now it just so happens that the numbers given to my videos taken by my Osmo Pocket and the videos taken by my M2P are running concurrently with each other.

Thank you for the additional information and we do apologize for the trouble. We will surely forward this concern to our designated department for attention. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!
2019-7-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules