(spark) cant update the flysafe database on my android or ios
1501 3 2019-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marc.RC.Addict
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57904 ft
United Kingdom

hello everyone, i hope you are doing well..

hopefully someone can help, over the last few days i have been trying to update the flysafe data base on my android phone and ios ipad mini 4, but both will not update..
on my android i do not get the notification promt to update but when i try manually it just never stops buffering then fails..

on my ipad mini 4 everytime i load in the dji go4 app i get the update promt, but then when i try to update the data base on my drone or the dji go 4 app once again it just buffers until it fails, this is very frustrating so hopefully someone will be able to point me in the right direction, as i would like to go for a fly tomorrow...

here are some screen shots.. first one is android second is ios, as you can see they have different firmwire.. (my spark and controller are on the lastest firmware as far as i know)

https://i.imgur.com/9hq45Eum.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/9zvj4Pcm.png

ive got to go out for the afternoon but i will be back in the evening, thanks for taking the time to help..
All the best, marc

2019-7-4
Use props
Marc.RC.Addict
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57904 ft
United Kingdom

hi all, any help would be great as its still not updating ..
2019-7-8
Use props
fansc2f5448f
lvl.2
United States

Marc.RC.Addict Posted at 7-8 03:10
hi all, any help would be great as its still not updating ..

I found it only updates if you are WiFi connected from phone/iPad to Spark.  If you have RC connected it does exactly what you describe.

To disconnect RC
- hold spark power for 6 sec, until you hear 2 beeps
- now connect phone via WiFi
- do update

To reconnect RC
- hold spark power for 3 sec, until 1 beep
- hold pause + fund + custom button on RC until quick beep and alternating beep
2019-7-14
Use props
JohnsonCharest
New

United States

fansc2f5448f Posted at 2019-7-14 20:20
I found it only updates if you are WiFi connected from phone/iPad to Spark.  If you have RC connected it does exactly what you describe.

To disconnect RC

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! This was so incredibly helpful, you saved me a ton of time!
2022-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules