Mavic Air fly backward till crash, controls unresponsive
1181 5 2019-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sysop
lvl.1
Flight distance : 183084 ft

Slovenia

Hi, I had an accident with my Mavic Air. I took off, waited to lock GPS signal and made sure everything is as it should be. Only after that I slowly flew to the right and then it happened. Drone started to fly backwards on his own, I tried to correct the position so I slowly touched forward command. Drone moved a little forward and then again full speed backward. I push max forward but drone still went backward against the wall. It did not respond to my command. Optical sensors was ON, but didn't stop him. I don't know why. This should not happen. So it crashed into the wall. It didn't broke anything, because only felt 2 meters, but when I try to take off, it only lifts 20 cm and lands again. I am sure, there was some bug or something. Drone is still under warranty. What is the next step? Thank you.

Logs: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/E251AVDN9DZR9LXEUAM5/#

If you need any other information, let me know.
2019-7-5
Use props
Gleave
New
Flight distance : 6529 ft
United States

Did you check GPS data and compass values before flying?  Have you calibrated everything and all went well?  If you went through the standard checklist of everything to do, preflight, and this issue happened I would send it back.  Usually I wait till there is a GPS lock on the ground before I take off, not the other way around...this could have confused the home-point location by thinking home was in the air somewhere thus throwing off GPS data.  
2019-7-5
Use props
BobB
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Are you near an airport or a no fly zone? I don't know how to read logs so i am sure someone that does will show up to let you know.
2019-7-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out. We do apologize for the incident happened to your DJI Mavic Air. I would recommend you contact our support team to start up a ticket: https://www.dji.com/support. We have the professional team who would do their best to find out the reason for the problem and then the corresponding resolution would be provided.  Please note that DJI will not provide a warranty repair for cases occurring after the expiry of the warranty period; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank you for your understanding. Best Regards!
2019-7-5
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi sysop,

Your log shows that you started to fly in OPTI mode, just 7 satellites and no GPS reception.
At 7.8s at height of 4.2 meter a compass error (not showed in the go app), and a warning that max height was reached. This due to flying in OPTI.

At 32s OPTI into P-GPS ; 7 sats and 2 bar reception, at 39s back into OPTI. Not a steady GPS reception.
At 44s Homeppoint recorded, 10 sats and 4 reception.

Not a good flight from the start!  
Guess the compass error caused at the end the crash, with bad GPS reception so hard to hover with accurancy.
cheers
JJB

analysis1.png
analysis2.png
analysis3.png
2019-7-5
Use props
sysop
lvl.1
Flight distance : 183084 ft

Slovenia

I hovered near me, until I got GPS signal. I made sure everything is steady and only then I slowly moved the aircraft. All went well until it just went crazy.  I was not near airport.

It was showing GPS so I supposed it can hover. But here hovering is not a problem. He went full speed backward, ignoring my forward command and all optical sensors on the back. This should not happen even in OPTI mode.
2019-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules