DJI app does not show live video feed.
18257 18 2019-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JjTheHusky
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6266 ft
United States

Hello, we recently purchased a DJI Phantom 3 Professional (With 4k camera).

The drone does fly fine, however, there is no live camera feed shown on the DJI go app. It is just a grey or black screen.
We can press the record button and it does save it to the SD card and we can view it.

There are no errors being shown, says Ready to go (gps) at the top.

We are unsure what the issue is and hope that we did not purchase a defective device.

We have tested this with an iPhone XS, and a Samsung S10. We tried the DJI pilot app, but the android says aircraft no connected, and the app doesn't work for the iPhone.
2019-7-5
Use props
JjTheHusky
lvl.1
United States

Sorry, I should add that the iOS version says No Image Transmission Signal.
2019-7-5
Use props
JjTheHusky
lvl.1
United States

Lastly before I head off, I wanted to share the logs from when I tried to update the drone.

First Paste is the log that is created in the root director:
P3X_FW_RESULT_AB.txt
https://pastebin.com/csHe6Zrs

And this log is found in the MISC/LOG folder:
P3X_FW_LOG_AB.txt
https://pastebin.com/Exq2WW8E

I'll call DJI support in the morning to see if there's anything else they can do. I purchased it for an event tomorrow but I don't think I'll be able to use it then.
2019-7-5
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

JjTheHusky Posted at 7-5 19:23
Lastly before I head off, I wanted to share the logs from when I tried to update the drone.

First Paste is the log that is created in the root director:

Unfortunately, it is relatively common for people to sell on their drones, complete with faults, and not tell the prospective buyer. Your best course of action is to find someone with a P3Pro who lives nearby to you and ask them to help you get it going. DJI Support will simply tell you to send it in for repair, their over-the-phone advice is less than useful.
2019-7-5
Use props
JjTheHusky
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 7-5 19:49
Unfortunately, it is relatively common for people to sell on their drones, complete with faults, and not tell the prospective buyer. Your best course of action is to find someone with a P3Pro who lives nearby to you and ask them to help you get it going. DJI Support will simply tell you to send it in for repair, their over-the-phone advice is less than useful.

Yeah, sounds like I got dumped on. Was a good deal anyways.

I know someone who has another phantom, so I'll try talking with them, but I have a good feeling that it probably does need repairs.
2019-7-5
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

JjTheHusky Posted at 7-5 20:40
Yeah, sounds like I got dumped on. Was a good deal anyways.

I know someone who has another phantom, so I'll try talking with them, but I have a good feeling that it probably does need repairs.

It may do, but the first thing I would try is to change the USB lead connecting the RC Unit to the phone, sometimes the leads you have may only have charging circuits, whereas for this application they must have data circuits as well.
2019-7-5
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Czechia

When you say 'press record button' ... are you saying the physical button on the Controller or the virtual button on screen ?

OK ... occasionally when I power up my P3P - I get black screen ... which after a while then shows the DJI logo in centre .. but everything else works. Just no live video.
This shows that its not a cable issue because if it allows command control - such as Take Off ... RTH ... Camera start / stop - then data flow is there.
The problem lies in the APP itself unless there is a fault in the video link.

Just to be sure - please try this in sequence and allowing time for each step to complete before next, (primarily Android sequence ...) :

1. Have everything powered down and controller to screen cable unplugged from screen (phone or tablet).
2. Power up screen (phone or tablet) and get to its 'desktop' screen and STOP. Do not start Go or any app.
3. Power up controller
4. Power up Phantom
5. When Controller shows GREEN LED - plug in lead to screen (phone or tablet)
6. It should ask USB .. say yes, if not then maybe you have already done this ... then it should ask if you want to start GO. Say yes.

Let it start GO and initialise to the Go screen ...

Do you still have black screen or are you now seeing video feed ?

2019-7-6
Use props
JjTheHusky
lvl.1
United States

solentlife Posted at 7-6 00:22
When you say 'press record button' ... are you saying the physical button on the Controller or the virtual button on screen ?

OK ... occasionally when I power up my P3P - I get black screen ... which after a while then shows the DJI logo in centre .. but everything else works. Just no live video.

Hello, I can start a recording from both the controller and phone, and are viewable through the SD card.

I followed the sequence you described but still received a grey screen.
2019-7-6
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Czechia

mmmmm as a last resort - you could try a different cable - but I don't think partial data is problem.

Sometimes deleting the Go app and re-installing can sort things ..

I have a sneaky feeling that the ribbon cable or video processing may be at fault.
2019-7-6
Use props
JjTheHusky
lvl.1
United States

solentlife Posted at 7-6 06:49
mmmmm as a last resort - you could try a different cable - but I don't think partial data is problem.

Sometimes deleting the Go app and re-installing can sort things ..

Grabbed another cable and tried it, but no dice.

Another weird thing is the video playback is black on the phone but looks fine when reading from the SD card.
2019-7-6
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Czechia

JjTheHusky Posted at 7-6 06:51

Another weird thing is the video playback is black on the phone but looks fine when reading from the SD card.

The video on screen is a different matter ....

The SD card video is basically direct of the camera ...

The screen is processed through the Lightbridge system to transmit back to your controller and then to screen via the app. Many things can happen to it before it hits screen
2019-7-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please try to use a different recommended mobile device to see if there would be some changes. There is a  possibility that the iPhone XS and Samsung S10 will work. However, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Phantom 3 Pro and we cannot guarantee the stability of the said mobile device when in use for DJI Go app and DJI Phantom 3 Pro. We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

2019-7-6
Use props
JjTheHusky
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 7-6 09:10
Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please try to use a different recommended mobile device to see if there would be some changes. There is a  possibility that the iPhone XS and Samsung S10 will work. However, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Phantom 3 Pro and we cannot guarantee the stability of the said mobile device when in use for DJI Go app and DJI Phantom 3 Pro. We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried or used the following devices with this drone to see if it will work.

Samsung Galaxy s10
iPhone xS
iPad Pro (1st Gen, big screen)
iPad Air 2

Same issue across all. iOS devices will show a image transmission error/no signal.
2019-7-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

JjTheHusky Posted at 7-6 12:35
Thanks for the reply.

I have tried or used the following devices with this drone to see if it will work.

Thank you for your response. We're sorry to know that you still experience the issue. Can you please try to relink the RC and Aircraft to see if there would be some changes? I will be posting an official video tutorial below. Also, Can you please check if the gimbal self-check is abnormal after the drone is being powered on, please check whether the flat cable connecting the gimbal and the aircraft have fallen off or is damaged. Please keep us posted on the latest updates on the said issue for us to help you further. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!

2019-7-9
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Sweden

JjTheHusky Posted at 7-6 06:51

Another weird thing is the video playback is black on the phone but looks fine when reading from the SD card.

Have you uninstalled and re-installed GO ?

As to cables ... I have about 20 USB cables and only 1 works with my P3P ... and that does not work with all tablets / phones I can use on my P3P !!  

USB is supposed to be Universal - someone better tell Samsung .. Huawei ... Microsoft .. Nokia etc. Nearly all brands 'tweak' their interface to be proprietary ... reminds me of the old 9 pin Serial days !!
2019-7-10
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

https://phantompilots.com/thread ... -on-ph3-pro.133487/

Good luck
2019-7-10
Use props
dcantera
New
Flight distance : 6683 ft
United States

I had similar problem with phantom 4, there may be compatibility issues with different version of android or apple devices, cable that connects control to phone/tablet. I had an A6 samsung tablet that worked with one cable, not with another, also updates to either the tablet or controller or bird broke the video. unfortunately it's a crap shoot when it works and one thing changes that shouldn't effect anything but it does cause of compatibility of mobile devices is weak. I bought a new samsung phone and it all worked again, ugh
2020-9-21
Use props
dcantera
New
Flight distance : 6683 ft
United States

I had similar problem with phantom 4, there may be compatibility issues with different version of android or apple devices, cable that connects control to phone/tablet. I had an A6 samsung tablet that worked with one cable, not with another, also updates to either the tablet or controller or bird broke the video. unfortunately it's a crap shoot when it works and one thing changes that shouldn't effect anything but it does cause of compatibility of mobile devices is weak. I bought a new samsung phone and it all worked again, ugh
2020-9-21
Use props
cheddar-man
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44062 ft

United Kingdom

"Lastly before I head off, I wanted to share the logs from when I tried to update the drone."

Not that it will help but why did you try to update? Was the drone working before the failed update? NEVER update Phantoms unless there is a problem Nearly all complaints on the forums is caused by failed updates.

Re-set the RC and then re link it to the drone as has been suggested. Are you getting all the GO App information on the screen?

You say the drone flies normally, so are the back lights flashing green? If so the linking is good.
2020-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules