Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Map Loading in Android flight log - very disappointed after 1 yrs
749 1 2019-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Akossss
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1478350 ft
United Kingdom

Dear DJI, Dear Everyone,

I really love my Mavic 2, everything works on it perfectly beautifully, I think you created something amazing with it. I would never switch my drone, even knowing this issue, but...

I tried to have more solution for my issue, but there was no success. Issue is known, Adroid app, Flight log, Map loading is displayed instead of the city name. Big issue? Not. Embarrassing? Yes, definitely. Why? Because this issue has reported AGES AGO. This is clearly known since around Sept / 2018. For a month I kept an older version of the app on my other device, and loaded them usind that one. Another Android device, same function, not a new one, and it used to work.

Guys, you are great, I'm so happy with everything you create. The DJI Go 4 App is amazing. I'm a programmer, I know it's really hard to handle this many stuff at the time, but it does it great. I know for sure, sometimes with some versions have bugs, we're humans, it can happen. But overall still a great experience. Okay, it can't run smoothly on every device, I understand that too, weaker or older devices can struggle, or even with the older op system version optimalisation can be tricky, but we're still satisfied with your great job. But let's see the facts again...There was a function, an easy one, just finding the name of a gps location. Compare to the other functions it's nothing. It works on Apple devices, it used to work on Android too. Regarding it was still working in an older version, when it failed in the new version, I guess it's just a programming mistake, not server error, because it would not work on the older, or on iOS ether.

Few of us reported this issue here, even I had a chat with the customer service, they asked me the usual stuff, restart, reinstall, reset the device, I've even been aked about my memory card in the drone, etc (nothing to do with DJI Go software issue, just a proove the customer service asks through a list, and many of them have around 0 knowledge or experience about technical issues), and I've been told my issue is forwarded to the technicial team, but haven't heard about them since that. It was about 2 months ago. Here in the forum, you ask for the e-mail that the person use, app versions, but the issue is on your side.

So again. Knowing an issue, that has the solution (if you ask me, copy the procedure / function from the source of the last well working version, let me know if you wish to know that, I can find it out), but doing nothing for almos a year about it, sounds like the programers don't give a s... about it. I know you need to develope the app, you need more functions for the newest firmwares, and we're glad for them, but having 5-10 versions of an app having the same fault that could be fixed easily, it's just something that I can't accept or ignore. Please DJI, fix it for us, love you!

Thanks,
Akossss
2019-7-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Akossss, currently, due to a server error, the location information cannot be shown. However, you can still tap and open the flight record to see the location information. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. The designated team is working on access issues with the map provider. Appreciate your support and attention.
2019-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules