Anyone members live, travel, or droned in Oahu. Going in August!
11045 6 2019-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

We just bought airfare to Oahu, Hawaii for the end of August. I think we're going to stay on the island of Oahu for the whole 7 days because there are some amazing beaches and hiking on Oahu. Anyone familiar with Oahu know any MUST DRONE locations?

I marked this NO-FLY map with an arrow where we're thinking of staying and circled some areas in orange that I think would be good locations for droning.

We have NEVER been to Hawaii so any input would be great on where to fly or tips for traveling the island.

Thanks in advance!
Oahu No Fly Map.jpg
2019-7-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're hoping that you could get the best recommendation from our valued DJI Forum members who manage to fly the drone in Oahu. You may coordinate to the local department this inquiry to check the rules and regulation when flying the drone. Thank you for your support.
2019-7-9
Use props
Dorset_Horn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 93379 ft
United Kingdom

I only wish I'd seen this earlier. I was on Oahu in October, and came back with a bunch of footage of turtles underwater. Sadly I couldn't fit the Mavic in the luggage on a round the world trip taking in Singapore, NZ Oahu and San Francisco.
Maybe next time!

PS Any videos ready?
2019-12-3
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Dorset_Horn Posted at 12-3 05:14
I only wish I'd seen this earlier. I was on Oahu in October, and came back with a bunch of footage of turtles underwater. Sadly I couldn't fit the Mavic in the luggage on a round the world trip taking in Singapore, NZ Oahu and San Francisco.
Maybe next time!

yes, I made a video everyday with Mavic Air, Osmo Pocket, and GoPro 7 footage. I NEVER had anyone give me a hard time about flying the drone around the island. My last day video I talk a little about what areas to avoid because of NFZs. It was a really great trip, and we'd go back in a second. The Mavic Air was great because it's so small, but I'd take the Mavic 2 Pro if I go back.

2019-12-3
Use props
Zubayer.Khan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 770272 ft
Bangladesh

Thanks for the share.
2020-4-19
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Zubayer.Khan Posted at 4-19 04:09
Thanks for the share.

Thanks. Wish I was there again. One of the best trips I've ever taken.
2020-4-19
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bing Err Posted at 2019-12-3 16:31
yes, I made a video everyday with Mavic Air, Osmo Pocket, and GoPro 7 footage. I NEVER had anyone give me a hard time about flying the drone around the island. My last day video I talk a little about what areas to avoid because of NFZs. It was a really great trip, and we'd go back in a second. The Mavic Air was great because it's so small, but I'd take the Mavic 2 Pro if I go back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VYV203P2ZE

Very cool vids Bing
2020-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules