Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 2 Pro Dropped from sky
712 8 2019-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sinisalo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1066804 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey all, has anyone else experienced this? I had a 3 minute flight, batteries were full and warm before taking off. about a minute or two into the flight the gimbal flopped all over the place, then a minute later the drone dropped from the sky 200' below to land on a hillside (had to hike an hour off trail in thick brush to retrieve it). After looking at the flight logs you can see when the gimbal flopped the drone had turned completely sideways. When the drone dropped from the sky I saw the error message "motor obstructed" then it fell straight down 200'. Do the bearings go bad in these? I have had many phantoms before and know how to take care of a drone. I did a pre-flight check which includes turing each motor to see if it is smooth. I am wondering if the smaller form factor in the mavic motors can contribute to them failing easier. I just got this mavic 2 pro in May. Thanks!
2019-7-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Sinisalo, I'm so sorry to read the accident. May I know whether the drone has been retrieved? If not and the unit is under warranty period, please kindly contact our support here to start a case: https://www.dji.com/support We'll arrange data analysis and offer you a proper solution.
2019-7-7
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sounds like you got one of those drones that shouldn't of made it past quality control...
2019-7-7
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry to read that - hope you get a replacement soon
2019-7-7
Use props
Sinisalo
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 7-7 01:58
Hi Sinisalo, I'm so sorry to read the accident. May I know whether the drone has been retrieved? If not and the unit is under warranty period, please kindly contact our support here to start a case: https://www.dji.com/support We'll arrange data analysis and offer you a proper solution.

Thanks for your reply Susan, yes I retrieved it. I have a case already and have uploaded my flight logs but haven't heard back yet.
2019-7-7
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

The bird attacks do happen.
2019-7-7
Use props
Sinisalo
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 7-7 09:20
The bird attacks do happen.

Yes they do however the drone was within vlos and I didn’t see a bird also there was no blood or feathers
2019-7-7
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sinisalo Posted at 7-7 15:23
Yes they do however the drone was within vlos and I didn’t see a bird also there was no blood or feathers

Let me see the flight logs too.  Did you have the careplan?
2019-7-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sinisalo Posted at 7-7 08:37
Thanks for your reply Susan, yes I retrieved it. I have a case already and have uploaded my flight logs but haven't heard back yet.

I've received your message in PM and responded as well, please kindly check later.
2019-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules