RC "Bricked" after failed update
981 6 2019-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone*Mike
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi, can my Mavic Air controller be fixed somehow?
During the update a message popped up to say please unplug the cable to the aircraft and plug it in again. I hadn't got a cable plugged into the aircraft as I was updating using the controller, an iPhone SE and Wi-Fi, so I ignored the message and it continued to 99% where it 'hung' for around 30 minutes. I quickly looked on the internet using my Macbook Pro and found a post which said just to switch everything off and on again and try updating once more, so I did, WISH I HAD NOT! (I now realise I should have just unplugged the cable between the controller and the iPhone when the message popped up during the update). At first I thought the whole lot was bricked because neither the aircraft or controller would respond. Later I read that the aircraft could be updated using a computer and Assistant 2 with a cable connection. So I tried that with the aircraft and it updated OK. Tried that with the controller and it got to 99% and said "failed to update" I get that everytime I try. Reset doesn't work either. I have since been able to fly the drone just with the iPhone connected via it's Wi-Fi so I know the aircraft is OK but when I look at the update screen for the controller in the Go4 app is says there is no firmware version!!
What can I do apart from sending the controller back to DJI?
Anybody any ideas how I can un-brick the controller?
Frustrated because the video range is so limited using the iPhone, otherwise not bad.

2019-7-7
Use props
Drone*Mike
lvl.3
United Kingdom

No response from DJI even?????
2019-7-9
Use props
crosswired
lvl.4
Flight distance : 264380 ft
Ireland

Drone*Mike Posted at 7-9 02:36
No response from DJI even?????

i'd email service directly, mate
2019-7-10
Use props
Drone*Mike
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi, thanks for the reply but tried that and guess what? I clicked the upload button (proof of purchase and some error screen shots) and it just 'hung' on uploading for over 30 mins. Hopeless! Their servers are probably overloaded with people trying to get 'bricked' devices exchanged ??
Update: I've bought a controller off eBay for £63 including postage now and it should arrive Friday, so not bad providing it works? The seller said it does but you never know with eBay. They were probably selling it due to a fly away.

2019-7-11
Use props
Drone*Mike
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Latest Update: Received the controller I bought on eBay, paired it with the drone and all is OK, PHEW! Had a test flight in the local park and it flies perfectly. Not bad for £63 including postage? Controller looks to be in new condition and battery charged OK. Now I suppose I can take my time and just wait as long as it takes to get a reply from DJI. They make fantastic products (I have an Osmo Pocket as well) but their speed of response could do with improving?
Also I note no response from a moderator.
2019-7-12
Use props
fansbc0f1fc8
lvl.1
Martinique

I have similar issue with MP2.
2020-6-12
Use props
DroneMike7
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Never had a reply from a moderator!
I actually ended up sending the RC to an independent service firm based in London (uk) which turned out to be a scam outfit (they wanted around £150 up front for a "possible" repair!), and I've never seen my original RC since!!!!! They also pursued me relentlessly by text and email to pay up until I could stand it no more so I changed my mobile number to get rid of the texts and changed the name of my underlying mailbox. Thankfully I had used an email re-direct to my mailbox which I now deleted but renamed the mailbox just to make sure. Its been about a year now and no more nuisance texts or emails. Thanks very much (not) DJI for not responding with help which could have avoided all this, BAH!

2020-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules