M2P: charge smart controller while using?
3085 4 2019-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wimbo
lvl.1
United States

Can the smart controller be charged while being used to control the mavic 2 pro?

2019-7-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The Smart controller can be charged while it's being used, however, we would recommend fully charge the Smart controller before using it as this process may affect the battery life of the unit. We do appreciate your understanding.
2019-7-7
Use props
wimbo
lvl.1
United States

I have confirmed that the smart controller CAN be  charged while in use.  For an extended photo shoot in the field I have numerous batteries and will use a heavy-duty battery (Stanley FatMax) for charging the controller while in use.
2019-7-7
Use props
wimbo
lvl.1
United States

I have confirmed that the smart controller CAN be  charged while in use.  For an extended photo shoot in the field I have numerous batteries and will use a heavy-duty battery (Stanley FatMax) for charging the controller while in use.  So far, it appears that the controller's battery will last the equivalent of about 5-6 M2P batteries.  I agree that it is wise to fully charge the controller (and all smart batteries for the aircraft) prior to the photo shoot.
2019-7-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

wimbo Posted at 7-7 15:51
I have confirmed that the smart controller CAN be  charged while in use.  For an extended photo shoot in the field I have numerous batteries and will use a heavy-duty battery (Stanley FatMax) for charging the controller while in use.  So far, it appears that the controller's battery will last the equivalent of about 5-6 M2P batteries.  I agree that it is wise to fully charge the controller (and all smart batteries for the aircraft) prior to the photo shoot.

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. Yes, we always recommend to fully charge as I've mentioned that this process would damage the battery. Should you have further concerns, please let us know.
2019-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules