Smart controller will only turn on if plugged into charger.
2434 2 2019-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lonnielmb72
lvl.1
Flight distance : 398671 ft
United States

My controller will not power on by pressing the power button once and then holding it down until all the lights at top cycle on, but when I plug the charging cord in it automatically come on without even having to touch power button. Then if I touch power button it will shut of and I noticed the lights at top of controller kinda flicker and then nothing. When I try to power back on I get nothing but when I plug it back to charger it still wont even show the blinking lights at the top of controller.If I let it sit for a few minutes I can try to power on and sometimes it will come on and run fine even after unhooking charging cable and sometimes it won't power on at all. Anyone experience this?

2019-7-7
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

I think you should contact DJI support and open a case with them.  It sounds as if you might have a defective device.  Good luck
2019-7-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. I would like to ask what happened to your unit prior to experience this situation? Are you using the charger that comes with the Smart controller? I would recommend pressing and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then the remote controller will restart and return to the normal state. However, if the situation would persist, kindly reach our support using the link below for a further evaluation of the unit. Thank you for understanding.

www.dji.com/support
2019-7-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules