1804 11 2019-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TimothyD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5236 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just got my new Mavic AIR.  When I plug the USB cable into the computer and launch DJI Assistant 2, the application does not detect that the AIR is plugged in.  However, the computer does.  How do I get Assistant 2 to recognize that the AIR is plugged in?

Thanks
2019-7-8
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi. This is because the PC isn't allocating the drivers correctly to the USB/Com port. This has been raised often in this forum. With the MA plugged in and powered on, go into system devices (under admin tools), look for the yellow exclamation marks and right-click on all to remove them. Then tell system devices to do a rescan. If the correct drivers were installed with Ass2, they should then be allocated correctly.
2019-7-8
Use props
Vofas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 200853 ft
Russia

In my case, the installation of an earlier version of DJI Assistant 2 helped.
2019-7-8
Use props
TimothyD
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Vofas Posted at 7-8 21:08
In my case, the installation of an earlier version of DJI Assistant 2 helped.

Where did you find an earlier version of Assistant 2?
2019-7-9
Use props
TimothyD
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 7-8 18:51
Hi. This is because the PC isn't allocating the drivers correctly to the USB/Com port. This has been raised often in this forum. With the MA plugged in and powered on, go into system devices (under admin tools), look for the yellow exclamation marks and right-click on all to remove them. Then tell system devices to do a rescan. If the correct drivers were installed with Ass2, they should then be allocated correctly.

There is no System Devices under Administrator Tools.
2019-7-9
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

TimothyD Posted at 7-9 07:07
There is no System Devices under Administrator Tools.

Device manager equivalence across windows versions
2019-7-9
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

Not understood, the why, you must engage drone into windows10 asst2?
curiosity?
explorative?
tinkering?
question is asked since normally the asst2 is triggered by warning advisory else dji support overwrite firmware
2019-7-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. I would recommend uninstalling and re-installing the latest DJI Assistant 2 which can be downloaded using the link below. Please let us know the latest progress.

https://www.dji.com/downloads
2019-7-9
Use props
TimothyD
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

cutis Posted at 7-9 11:51
Device manager equivalence across windows versions

Oh... you meant Device Manager.  Why didn't you say so.  With that said, there are no yellow exclamation marks on anything listed in Device Manager.
2019-7-9
Use props
TimothyD
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

TimothyD Posted at 7-9 13:16
Oh... you meant Device Manager.  Why didn't you say so.  With that said, there are no yellow exclamation marks on anything listed in Device Manager.

Ok, so removing, downloading and re-installing DJI Assistant 2 works.  Assistant 2 now sees the Mavic Air when plugged into the computer.
2019-7-9
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

TimothyD Posted at 7-9 13:32
Ok, so removing, downloading and re-installing DJI Assistant 2 works.  Assistant 2 now sees the Mavic Air when plugged into the computer.

Good to hear that you sorted it out.
2019-7-9
Use props
Vofas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 200853 ft
Russia

TimothyD Posted at 7-9 07:02
Where did you find an earlier version of Assistant 2?

Here on the forum. About a year ago. The man had a similar problem with my connecting a drone to a DJI Assistant 2. And he gave me such advice. I need to look at the version of the program in my home computer.
2019-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules