1824 5 2019-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Luke Skyflyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1004085 ft
  • >>>
United States

We have had some issues trying to do a waypoint mission through the DJI SDK in a location where there are two authorization zones.
Here is the location:
4350 E Trinity Mills Rd, Carrollton, Texas 75006, United States

Two authorization zones

Two authorization zones

The apartment complex that needs to be scanned

The apartment complex that needs to be scanned

There are two authorizations zones. One from the Addison Airport and one from Air Park-Dallas. They also each have an enhanced warning zone.
In DJI Go 4 we are only able to get one authorization - for the Addison Airport authorization zone. We can fly no problem in the DJI Go 4 app.
However when we try to go into our app and launch our waypoint mission it will complete the first way point mission, then it will have an error on the second waypoint mission. The error is -5004 Aircraft Altitude is Too High and we can't continue the waypoint missions.

Why can't we continue the waypoint missions?
Has anyone had issues with two authorization zones in DJI Go 4? Or has anyone had issues with authorization zones and enhanced warning zones unlocking?
How do you get authorization for both?
2019-7-9
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've not flown in an area with overlapping authorization zones, so no real world experience to share.  However, have you tried doing the unlock via the DJI website?  

https://www.dji.com/flysafe/self-unlock
2019-7-9
Use props
JPilotR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 584662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is Air-Park Dallas a LAANC airport? I looked here: https://www.faa.gov/uas/programs ... e/laanc_facilities/

However I could not find it listed. Maybe sharper eyes can if I missed it. If not though, you would need to do as KlooGee directed, and also before that get the Airspace Authorization from the FAA DroneZone. That would take about 30 days or so.
2019-7-9
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

As you can see, that red zone is very close to and aligned with the airport runway.  It's also in red.  I suspect you cannot get dji-authorized to fly within that restricted red zone.  

If you're trying to fly within one or both of the blue zones, I like post #2.  I find it easier to get authorized via a desktop or laptop.  That way it's good for three days.  You'd have to get authorized for each area, total of two authorizations.  

Good luck

2019-7-9
Use props
Luke Skyflyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1004085 ft
  • >>>
United States

*Update:* We found the source of the issue. It had to deal with the waypoint missions within our app. It wasn't related to the DJI Unlock Zones. We were able to get authorization for both/all zones each time for the unlock. Thanks for the responses though.
2019-7-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Luke Skyflyer Posted at 7-9 12:58
*Update:* We found the source of the issue. It had to deal with the waypoint missions within our app. It wasn't related to the DJI Unlock Zones. We were able to get authorization for both/all zones each time for the unlock. Thanks for the responses though.

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out. We do apologize since I was unable to help you with regards to your concern but we're glad to know that you already resolve the issue and now ready to take your drone into the air. For future reference regarding No-Fly Zone, you can contact our designated department directly at flysafe@dji.com. Thank you for your continued support. Cheers!
2019-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules