Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI representatives? Please respond
469 6 2019-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
collum
lvl.1
United States

There's been an issue documented in the thread (as well as a few others) describing the random lack of video (grey screen) that's been occuring with quite a few smart controllers. The thread I added to was started May 9.   (. https://forum.dji.com/thread-188779-1-1.html ). The issue is serious, possible loss/crash of drones. Responses from DJI have been requested, and nothing happened. When I made my call to support to get them involved, they had never heard of the issue and the resolution was to send my drone and controller in.

since this is happening to many devices, and seems to have started after some people upgraded firmware... it feels more like a software issue than hardware.

So in this thread I'd (we'd ) like to know if DJI is aware of a software problem causing this, have you come to a root cause, and is there a fix scheduled with an ETA. I've made post so it should be seen by someone from DJI

(.. and don't get me wrong.. i absolutely love this product.. Your guys have done some amazing work) ... but support/customer service is a big deal with something that cost this much

Jim Collum

2019-7-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, sorry to know the issues you had with our customer service. Would it be possible to PM us the phone number used in calling our customer service? We'd like to check what happened and try our best to help. Thank you in advance.
2019-7-9
Use props
collum
lvl.1
United States

I used the chat option.  and the support rep did as best as he could with the information he had. Since he hadn't any information that there is an ongoing issue with video loss, his only option was really to have me send it in for repair.  I guess my issue is this. I'm a brand new user.. love the product. I run into a problem that is at the least, very inconvienient  , and the worst, I end up losing the drone with no chance of replacement (since it's gone somewhere, but I'm not sure where).

I come to the user forum (usually a good place to go if you find a problem), and see others have had the same issue, same symptoms. It was posted here in May. I've seen DJI respond to other threads, so I know it's being monitored. But with calls for clarification from this and a few other) threads, it's been silent. It's apparent that DJI doesn't see this as an issue, since it's not been relayed to technical support as something to watch out for, and to advise.  I'm assuming you (DJI) have been collecting information on this, and trying to figure out with the issue is since May.. so even a simple response to a thread saying. yes.. we see you have a problem. we're trying to duplicate it in house, perhaps here's an engineering build that will capture and display more information.. please try it and send us the info.

Jim

2019-7-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

collum Posted at 7-9 14:26
I used the chat option.  and the support rep did as best as he could with the information he had. Since he hadn't any information that there is an ongoing issue with video loss, his only option was really to have me send it in for repair.  I guess my issue is this. I'm a brand new user.. love the product. I run into a problem that is at the least, very inconvienient  , and the worst, I end up losing the drone with no chance of replacement (since it's gone somewhere, but I'm not sure where).

I come to the user forum (usually a good place to go if you find a problem), and see others have had the same issue, same symptoms. It was posted here in May. I've seen DJI respond to other threads, so I know it's being monitored. But with calls for clarification from this and a few other) threads, it's been silent. It's apparent that DJI doesn't see this as an issue, since it's not been relayed to technical support as something to watch out for, and to advise.  I'm assuming you (DJI) have been collecting information on this, and trying to figure out with the issue is since May.. so even a simple response to a thread saying. yes.. we see you have a problem. we're trying to duplicate it in house, perhaps here's an engineering build that will capture and display more information.. please try it and send us the info.

Hi, we do want to help you with this. If it is convenient, kindly provide us the phone number used in contacting customer support (via PM). Thank you for your patience.
2019-7-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi collum, sorry for the unpleasant experience with our product after the firmware update and thanks for bringing this to our attention.
Upon checking the thread you posted here, most users reported the drone shows grey screen after switching on but it recovered after several reboots. Did you still have the same problem? If yes, we recommend to reset the camera settings and then reset the factory data in Setting to see if the issue persists. Thank you.
2019-7-10
Use props
collum
lvl.1
United States

exact same issue.. goes grey.. takes a few reboots of drone and controller, then ok (not an ideal workflow ....)

and I have reset everything.. camera, gamble,  anything that had a reset on it

still persists. Looking through the thread, there were similar experiences.. reboot couple times. ok (but it can happen again the next boot. Moist of those who have the problem, have tried resets, but still experience it

2019-7-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

collum Posted at 7-10 16:46
exact same issue.. goes grey.. takes a few reboots of drone and controller, then ok (not an ideal workflow ....)

and I have reset everything.. camera, gamble,  anything that had a reset on it

Thank you for the details, the issue has been reported to our engineers for attention, we would like to verify from which firmware you updated to the latest one v01.00.0530?
2019-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules