Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro iPad Mini 4 question
2263 6 2019-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dirtstyle
New
United States

Hi there~

I haven't flown my Mavic Pro 1 in well over a year (I have Parkinson's) and am wanting to get back to it.

What I'm after here is direction.  I know for fact my firmware is wayyy outdated and I just bought this iPad Mini 4 to fly my MP with and I'm wondering if there are any issues with this combination if I were to update everything to current firmware.  The reality is that I live poor and want as little risk as possible when I go to fly again.  For reference, no.. I'm not shaking out of control when trying to fly this thing. I just don't want to mess it up.

If there are issues with this combo, please let me know which firmware has the least amount of issues and if you have time, how to go about getting such firmware.

Thanks either way and for your time!

Jason
2019-7-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're hoping that you could get the best feedback that you may need between these two devices. For additional information, we would recommend updating the firmware and app to the latest version to maximize the usage of the Mavic Pro. Thank you for understanding.
2019-7-9
Use props
fansfc2f8230
New

Canada

I'm flying the Mavic 2 Pro with an Ipad Mini 4.  It's a nice setup.  I've bought a longer cable to connect the Mini 4 to the controller and a bracket that sits between the handles of the controller off of Amazon and other than the ipad blocking the view to the remote screen, it's a excellent setup.  I've bought two different brackets, but all the brackets I've seen so far block the remote's display.  That is the only issue I have with the setup.  Alan
2019-7-23
Use props
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Should have no problems. IPad mini 4 worked well with my MP 1 & 2. Just treated myself to an iPad mini 5 but not because of any problem. Enjoy.
2019-7-24
Use props
jaydee1445
lvl.1

United States

Glad to hear the iPad Mini 4 is working good, I picked up a renewed iPad Mini 4 128GB Wi-Fi + 4G  for my mavic 2 pro once I log some sim time.
Fleabay

2019-8-24
Use props
fans8c21f39f
lvl.1
Italy

fansfc2f8230 Posted at 7-23 11:15
I'm flying the Mavic 2 Pro with an Ipad Mini 4.  It's a nice setup.  I've bought a longer cable to connect the Mini 4 to the controller and a bracket that sits between the handles of the controller off of Amazon and other than the ipad blocking the view to the remote screen, it's a excellent setup.  I've bought two different brackets, but all the brackets I've seen so far block the remote's display.  That is the only issue I have with the setup.  Alan

Hi, I also use ipad Mini4 (purchased in 2016) with Mavic 2 zoom, however sometimes I get a yellow message on the CPU that I didn't read correctly (full CPU?). Did you also get this report? The mavic seems to work well for me
2019-8-28
Use props
Kevin in Reily
lvl.1
United States

Hi everyone, Are your mini 4s WiFi or on a cellular plan? Reading the iPad specs makes me wonder which one works.
2019-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules