Original EIS firmware was much better! Why?!
988 5 2019-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sunlit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 133533 ft
Estonia

Hi everyone,
I purchased the DJI Osmo action camera today and was very pleased with its operation initially, while I was on the original firmware that came in the box. I had virtually no lag while recording with image stabilisation enabled (EIS) and could switch screens while recording. Now - then - I updated to the latest firmware.
On the lates firmware I now have a terrible lag while recording with Rocksteady on. I cannot switch between the rear and front display while recording is on.

I am hugely disappointed with the latest firmware and I almost cannot believe how DJI approved the release of a firmware that actually made things much WORSE and disabled very usefull feature of switching between screens while recording.
On top of that I found out that DJI won't allow us to roll back the firmware.

DJI, please bring back the EIS option with minimal lag, and allow us to switch displays, and allow firmware rollback!

2019-7-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, There. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. I will forward this concern to our designated department for attention. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2019-7-9
Use props
sunlit
lvl.2
Estonia

DJI Gamora Posted at 7-9 12:30
Hi, There. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. I will forward this concern to our designated department for attention. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

Thank you, and it would be interesting to hear their comment on how they decided to "improve" on EIS in such a way that now the lag while recording is unbearable. What were they thinking???!!!
2019-7-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

sunlit Posted at 7-10 10:20
Thank you, and it would be interesting to hear their comment on how they decided to "improve" on EIS in such a way that now the lag while recording is unbearable. What were they thinking???!!!

You're welcome and we are deeply sorry if you are experiencing issues with your DJI Osmo Action. We will let you know once we already hear a feedback from our designated department. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2019-7-10
Use props
MKosmo
lvl.4
United Kingdom

sunlit Posted at 7-10 10:20
Thank you, and it would be interesting to hear their comment on how they decided to "improve" on EIS in such a way that now the lag while recording is unbearable. What were they thinking???!!!

I suspect you will find RS is a better version of stabilisation than EIS - but unfortunately the by product is the screen lag.
2019-7-11
Use props
sunlit
lvl.2
Estonia

MKosmo Posted at 7-11 07:28
I suspect you will find RS is a better version of stabilisation than EIS - but unfortunately the by product is the screen lag.

Unfortunately I did not run the camera enough before updating to be able to tell decisively, however from the couple of clips I actually did record I can say that the stabilization performed very similar to current RS. I think I would like to keep the EIS even if it was slightly inferior but have a no-lag experience with the displays.
2019-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules