1318 6 2019-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TimothyD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5236 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well, this is special.  I tried flying my brand new Mavic Air for the first time today and it bitched about magnetic field interference which is odd as I don't get that from either my Mavic Pro 2 or my DJI spark.  However, it stated to calibrate the compass which I did.  I no longer got the warning and all looked good to fly.  I did the easy launch where it raised the drone 3.9 feet off the ground and then instantly veered ahead and to the left crashing into the wall of my house breaking 3 of the props. By the way, I did have the propeller guards on however when it hit the house it layed up on it's side vertically.
I've removed the props and cleaned up the drone.  Now however when I try to calibrate the compass it fails every time.
Any suggestions on how to fix this and get this bird into the air?
2019-7-9
Use props
TimothyD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5236 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ok...thanks for all the help.  I fixed it.
2019-7-9
Use props
QQRUCH
First Officer
Flight distance : 595518 ft
Spain

Hello! Have you detected the problem?
2019-7-10
Use props
SD_Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

You need to really move many feet away from any metal structure, fencing etc for the updating to be successful.  If all green and it clearly states successful is when you know you're good to go. Sometimes a pain but rather be safety then flying prematurely on a unsucessful compass calib.
2019-7-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Thank you for reaching out. I do apologize that I was unable to help you with this concern of yours but we're glad to know that you already fix the issue. Should you have any other concerns please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your continued support. Cheers!
2019-7-10
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

TimothyD Posted at 7-9 16:14
Ok...thanks for all the help.  I fixed it.

What was the issue?
2019-7-10
Use props
Guillo10
lvl.3
Flight distance : 413 ft
Argentina

Hola, como lo solucionaste ?

Saludos
2019-7-12
Use props
Advanced