1301 7 2019-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb6940b97
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27392 ft
Argentina

Hi everyone
Today I was flying the spark in sport mode and when pressing RTH it shown a message that said I could not use the return home and i almost lost the signal. I just managed to put it in normal mode and thank God I can use the RTH.
My question is, what would have happened if I could not have put it in normal mode and the drone had lost the signal in sport mode? the drone would have returned even if it has been in sports mode? And without signal ?
2019-7-9
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

The auto RTH should function without the need to switch modes.
No remote connection, no input, RTH will kick in, controlled by time limit.
Or at batt limit, even with full RC contol, unless you cancel it.
Since the RTH is kind of a speed limited sport mode, I would not think that there is a "can not" if you try to use it active during sport. But I cant recall that I ever tried it, flying in Sport. Did you hover the bird in Sport, or were you flying it, full throttle?
Did you look it up in the flight record?
First in the app, replaying your flight?
2019-7-9
Use props
fansb6940b97
lvl.1
Argentina

S-e-ven Posted at 7-9 17:14

Hi, thanks to answer
I was checking the flight log and the problem was that by pressing the RTH button from the control in sports mode and when the signal was very weak the message that appeared was "could not return to the point of origin"
2019-7-9
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

fansb6940b97 Posted at 7-9 17:42
Hi, thanks to answer
I was checking the flight log and the problem was that by pressing the RTH button from the control in sports mode and when the signal was very weak the message that appeared was "could not return to the point of origin"

Can it be that you just haven't had a connection, in this moment?
Have you looked at your flight log here:
https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/
2019-7-9
Use props
MccloudSpark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27562 ft

United States

If you press RTH and AC communications is down then Go4 will report that your RTH command has failed.  However, if AC comm is lost for several minutes then auto RTH will occur, regardless of your flight mode.
2019-7-9
Use props
fansb6940b97
lvl.1
Argentina

MccloudSpark Posted at 7-9 20:49
If you press RTH and AC communications is down then Go4 will report that your RTH command has failed.  However, if AC comm is lost for several minutes then auto RTH will occur, regardless of your flight mode.

thank you, you solved my doubt
2019-7-10
Use props
fansb6940b97
lvl.1
Argentina

S-e-ven Posted at 7-9 17:14

Hi, In case you want to see my flight record, here it is. in the 3.18s and 3.9.5s minutes there are two attempts to return home
https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/3V25ZOBQY7WUYEVHJ3J9/#
2019-7-10
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

MccloudSpark Posted at 7-9 20:49

I was messing with P4 controller antennas and apparently while doing it when the frequency is switching will confuse it, resulting in total signal loss.  I had RTH set when it was going grey but it wouldn't come back.  I was worried someone shot it down.  I could still hear it then it came back.

The scariest is waiting for it to come with no feed at all.  All you can do is expect the worst like a bird hit it.  Anytime I get a feed break I get scared.
2019-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules