Moment Anamorphic Lens for Osmo Pocket!!
6982 16 2019-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hashiko
lvl.2
United States

moment is releasing an anamorphic lens for the DJI Mavic 2. They’ve also posted a survey to gauge interest in an anamorphic lens for Pocket. Please take the survey to keep pocket top of mind for this fine company!

Survey https://moment.typeform.com/to/c44eLw
Kickstarter for Anamorphic Lens for Mavic 2 https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/moment/moment-air-anamorphic-lens-filters-and-cases-for-drones

2019-7-9
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing
2019-7-9
Use props
nilsonleow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 136680 ft
Ukraine

Thanks for sharing! Passed survey... I would like to have anamorphic lens for pocket.
2019-7-10
Use props
STRIDE8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

I saw that the M2P lens was going for 300.  I wonder what the cost would be for the OP..
2019-7-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Thanks for sharing these interesting accessories to our valued DJI Forum members. Cheers!
2019-7-10
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

Voted for pocket.
It would be very interesting to have anamorphic lens for pocket but 199 for lens and 299 for + ND filter set bundle is a some price to pay. (But I guess it is usual for moment lens)
2019-7-10
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

Did it, I hope they make it!
2019-7-11
Use props
fans8c0365c7
lvl.2
Greece

looks like It is almost impossible to make an anamorphic lens filter for DJI Osmo Pocket for one simple reason. The motors that holding the camera are so weak that cannot afford even the light weight of a filter.  ND filters are the max load they can handle. This is why many 3rd companies gave up in creating focal length filters for Osmo Pocket.  There are only 2 companies in the market,  The chinese KANE and ULANZI OP-5  with wide lens converter filters. Even so, Osmo Pocket with difficulty can handle these filters... check you tube videos to see it.
2019-8-5
Use props
fansda1b5ebc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 83307 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ulanzi just released anamorphic lens for Osmo pocket $39,95
On Ulanzi website
2020-1-15
Use props
hashiko
lvl.2
United States

Just ordered mine!
2020-1-15
Use props
tripleburst
lvl.4
United States

Thanks for this info! I hope it's shipping soon. I love their Anamorphic lens for the mobile phones. Great value, and just in time after the firmware update being able to turn the OP on with something attached.
2020-1-16
Use props
Shantok
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1104163 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansda1b5ebc Posted at 1-15 14:27
Ulanzi just released anamorphic lens for Osmo pocket $39,95
On Ulanzi website

Good find!
https://www.ulanzi.com/products/ ... nIT1FhoCm0wQAvD_BwE
2020-1-16
Use props
Shantok
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I ended up ordering one and was surprised it is being shipped from the US. I was expecting to have to wait a few weeks.
2020-1-17
Use props
hashiko
lvl.2
United States

Shantok Posted at 1-17 04:40
I ended up ordering one and was surprised it is being shipped from the US. I was expecting to have to wait a few weeks.

Anyone receive theirs yet? I ordered 10 days ago and while I got a tracking number, it hasn't been received by the shipping company as yet. A bit annoyed in that it feels like this was a pre-order with no clue as to when it will arrive.
2020-1-24
Use props
Shantok
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hashiko Posted at 1-24 13:30
Anyone receive theirs yet? I ordered 10 days ago and while I got a tracking number, it hasn't been received by the shipping company as yet. A bit annoyed in that it feels like this was a pre-order with no clue as to when it will arrive.

Not yet and I have the same info for tracking. My guess is they are waiting for a drop ship from China. I was excited to get it so quick. I also ordered the v2 of the wide angle.
2020-1-24
Use props
gazmat
lvl.3
Thailand

I received my Ulanzi 1.33x Anamorphic Lens yesterday. I’ve had the chance to test it out and... it’s not great.

As I kind of suspected, the footage it produces is very soft with a lot of distortion and aberrations. It is after all incredibly cheap for an anamorphic, so I wasn’t expecting too much.

My main problem with the lens is that it isn’t a 1.33x. When I dropped the footage into my NLE, I found it was really about a 1.2x, which makes trying to get an anamorphic look (in terms of field of view) all a bit pointless . However, it does flare quite nicely, producing vivid blue horizontal streaks when bright light sources are in the frame.

Overall, unless you’re after the distinctive flares, you’d be better off shooting with a good quality wide angle lens and letterboxing the footage in post.

Here’s a few example 4K shots:

https://youtu.be/qjZ6GdgMs80

2020-1-28
Use props
tripleburst
lvl.4
United States

That's a bit disappointing about the 1.2x but your sample came out nice I thought. At least it seems useable still. I also received my tracking info right away but USPS hasn't received the package in a week. I'm guessing the outbreak might have something to do with it.
2020-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules