Mavic Air Repair problem
2729 3 2019-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Andrew Wan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39905 ft
Hong Kong

I own a Mavic Air for less than a year and flew it a few time. Recently, I have encountered some problem and would like to share my repair experience as below. Repair  (CAS-3162419-K2P2V1)  

I got my Mavic Air in US for less than a year ago and I am currently living and working in Hong Kong. My Mavic air has no serious crash before and there was no water damage. It was flying very well until I did a firmware upgrade a few weeks ago.

During the firmware upgrade. It hung up (stopped) and became very hot. Afterward, it was unable to take off.

Hence, I took it to the repair centre in HK and DJI  staff said that the core board was found to be moldy and need to be replaced. However, the repair report said that my Mavic Air has not been water damaged. Upon my further inqury, DJI staff said that it has slight water damage which caused mold and reddened water label. Also, he said tht DJI engineer didn't detect any malfunctioning issues of aircraft.  However, I have to paid for the repair cost since there is no International warranty with DJI drone.

Suprise, suprise I have many questions regarding my case :
1. If there is no malfunctioning issues of aircraft - why it cannot take off ?
2. How come the water label indicator turned to RED without any water damage ( If the water label turned red so easily, it is not a manufacturer problem ? I was told that the component of DJI was covered with a layer which is moist resistance.)
3. Why during the firware upgrade the Mavic Air get so hot and afterward it failed to take off.

They never explain to me my question but keep asking me to pay for the repair cost within 4 weeks (it is expiring soon)

Hence, I would like to escalate my case to the senior management of DJI who hopfully care look into my case with more fair and just mind.  

2019-7-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Andrew, we regret to know the frustrations you had with your case. We will formally escalate this with one of our senior manager upon your request. Your patience is highly appreciated.
2019-7-10
Use props
Andrew Wan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39905 ft
Hong Kong

A reply from DJI was received as below which was very disappointing
Dear Customer,

Thanks for your reply.

We confirmed your aircraft is water-damaged and no malfunctioning of the product itself.
The aircraft, different from the car, consists of a large quantity of sensitive electrical components, after it is water damaged, electrical components may be corroded, thus affecting its stability and security. Besides, the performances of a damaged drone might be unstable, and we cannot ensure the functionality of a damaged product. Also, the firmware upgrade issue would not cause water damage.

We feel sorry for the experience you have had. Unfortunately, we cannot cover the case under warranty.

Please feel free to contact me if you would like to take the discount.
Your cooperation will be highly appreciated.
======================
Dear DJI Senior Management,

I was very disappointed in receiving your reply on 12 Jul and would like to know if it was from the Senior Management of DJI.

First of all, your conclusion suddenly changed and simply said my Mavic Air was water damaged without any explanation. This was different from all previous dji repair reports and e-mails I received regarding my case. All previous information said that there was no Water Damage even though the Core Board was oxidized and moldy. It seemed to me that you have changed your position simply because I keep on asking for the reason on the Core Board issue. I have attached the two photos with caption from DJI’s repair report saying clearly that there was no water damage. (2 photos attached from the repair report – for your reference)

Secondly, there was no information to support why you changed the conclusion. If you really have additional information to proof that the Mavic Air was water damaged, you should support your change of position with fresh evidences.

Thirdly, I can assure you that my Mavic Air was never get into water or anything like that. If it has been water damaged, there should be other parts inside or outside the drone what show signs of oxidation or erosion. It would be very strange that only the core board has signs of water damage but no other parts of the Mavic Air.

Fourthly, it did not make sense at all if only the core board was water damaged but all other components were not.

Hence, I would think it was a manufacturer problem with core board which somehow escaped the quality control with sub-standard core board which was prone to slight moisture and easily get oxidised and moldy.

I wish DJI top management would look into my case again with due consideration of the above factors
2019-7-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Andrew Wan Posted at 7-12 22:52
A reply from DJI was received as below which was very disappointing
Dear Customer,

Hi Andrew, sorry for the late response, please make sure to click Reply so we can get the notification and reply timely.
We have verified again with the appropriate team that the final resolution has been made, the red water-proof label means the possibility of water-damage could not be eliminated. Moreover, your drone is US version and we do not provide the global warranty.
The final resolution has been provided, hope you can consider it. Thanks for your understanding.
2019-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules