Norway's Atlantic Ocean Road- Motorcycle Follow
775 7 2019-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
brettt
lvl.3
Norway

This was with Autoflight's Autopilot app-

which, other than a couple stutters, works beautifully. Unfortunately, the app is no longer supported and doesn't work with anything since the Mavic 1. At some point in the near future this app will not be an option.

I tried Litchi again in the same spot to see if it's a viable alternative, and it kind of works, though you can't control the position/distance as well and there's an awful up-and-down stutter every second that makes me want to throw up-

I also tried the Follow mode in DJI Go 4. It did absolutely nothing- the drone stays still and does not follow. This mode has gotten worse with every update. It actually used to work halfway decent back when I had the Phantom 3-

But since then, every time I try it it's worse, and finally now it does nothing at all.

The point of this post is: DJI, please give us a Follow mode that works so I can keep doing these shots. At least give us back the one that we used to have with the Phantom 3.

P.S. No, Active Track is not a Follow mode that works. I'm pretty sure we're just helping DJI test their missile tracking system or something.
2019-7-10
Use props
RJB1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 32031 ft

Australia

P.S. No, Active Track is not a Follow mode that works. I'm pretty sure we're just helping DJI test their missile tracking system or something.

LOL well if that's the case we are all safe for the moment.

That first one with Autotflight was amazing. How it can identify you at such a distance is incredible. When it hesitated I was thinking oh ..., but then off it went again and caught up. It seemed like it didnt always keep the same distance, sometimes dropping back and sometimes catching up.
2019-7-10
Use props
brettt
lvl.3
Norway

Yeah, Autopilot is GPS-based like Litchi and like DJI Go's original Follow. One part it started to lag because I sped up faster than the Mavic can go, another it did seem to lose me a second then found me. Don't know why the app is no longer updated, maybe they didn't make money off it or the main programmer left or something I also don't know why DJI completely forgot about their GPS-based Follow mode and let it die. ActiveTrack is too gimmicky and useless for real shots. A good GPS-based Follow like Autopilot's can give some pretty majestic shots.

I should share this too, pretty much a perfect Autopilot run, though I didn't like the angle as much:
2019-7-11
Use props
nilsonleow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 136680 ft
Ukraine

Cool videos!
2019-7-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day brettt. Thank you for sharing these videos with us. Nicely done and thank you for your support.
2019-7-12
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done - thanks again for sharing!
2019-7-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain