Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What Is the Purpose of the .htm Files Saved to SD?
1474 10 2019-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MRomine
lvl.4
Flight distance : 850971 ft
United States

I notice that from time to time have .htm files that have been saved to my SD card that is inserted into my M2P. It seems that they are being generated in conjuction with shooting in Hyperlapse mode but I am not sure. What purpose do they serve and do I need to save these?
2019-7-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, MRomine. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. We will forward this to our designated department for attention. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!
2019-7-11
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

Here, I'll do it.
https://www.google.com/search?cl ... t+are+.htm+files%3F
2019-7-11
Use props
MRomine
lvl.4
United States

Flycaster Posted at 7-11 11:29
Here, I'll do it.
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&channel=cus&q=what+are+.htm+files%3F

Not really looking for a definition but rather a 'why' reply. For what purpose are they being generated? They seem to be very random.
2019-7-11
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

MRomine Posted at 7-11 12:25
Not really looking for a definition but rather a 'why' reply. For what purpose are they being generated? They seem to be very random.

Have you tried looking at the .htm in a browser to see what it does?
2019-7-11
Use props
MRomine
lvl.4
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 7-11 13:00
Have you tried looking at the .htm in a browser to see what it does?

I have. They are placed in the Media folder on the SD card. When I double click on one they will open a browser window which in turn opens another folder window from the same SD card named Hyperlapse.
2019-7-11
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

I suspect its the data index the hyperlapse modes when it renders the sequence in flight - it contains the filenames of all the images in the sequence.
2019-7-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, MRomine. Thank you for your patience. The .htm file that was generated in your SD card was the Index file, it indicates the consists of original photos of your Hyperlapse. Should you have any inquiries or concern please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your continued support!
2019-7-12
Use props
MRomine
lvl.4
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 7-12 11:10
Hi, MRomine. Thank you for your patience. The .htm file that was generated in your SD card was the Index file, it indicates the consists of original photos of your Hyperlapse. Should you have any inquiries or concern please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your continued support!

Is there any reason that I should keep those?
2019-7-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

MRomine Posted at 7-12 12:50
Is there any reason that I should keep those?

Thank you for your response, we do not recommend deleting the .htm files for us to avoid the Hyperlapse to be corrupted. Should you have any inquiries please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you!
2019-7-12
Use props
tjow
lvl.1
Flight distance : 362241 ft
Sweden

A year later and it has now happened to me aswell for the first time on my M2Z, even though I had taken hyperlapse pictures many times before. It only happened to the hyperlapses that I had to cut short way before they were even near finished. I had set it to take 500 pictures and it only had time to take a couple in one instance and eight in the other before I intrerrupted it. However, on the one instance where it had time to take 400 out 500 pictures before I interrupted it, it didn't save the htm file. For the last instance a filmclip was created, for the two first ones there were noe filmclips. So even though there was no good answer from DJI, this is to me the reason. If there is no film clip created it will create an htm file with the link to the stills that were created.
2020-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules