Firmware update error on Mavic Pro - 0x020106
2971 18 2019-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans93d587d7
lvl.1

United States

Hello DJI,

I recently purchased a used Mavic Pro and the original owner never updated the firmware.

I have downloaded the latest version of DJI Assistant 2 for Windows (v1.2.5)

I connected the drone and attempting to update to the latest firmware (v01.04.0500), after the drone shuts down and restarts a few times the update hangs at 57% and gives me an error code

undefined 0x020106

I tried resetting to factory settings on the drone and reinstalling, even tried other firmware versions, same general issue.

Now, the Drone and Controller have different firmware and won't pair:

Controller has firmware v01.03.0500
Drone has firmware v01.03.0300

So, is there either
- a way to get the firmware on the drone updating, so I can update the controller to match
- get the drone to compatible firmware with the controller

Please help!  It seems others have solved this issue by getting hands on help from DJI, not sure what my options are here.

- db
2019-7-11
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have yo tried just using your phone or iPad. I have never used DJI assistant.
2019-7-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, sorry for the troubles on updating the firmware, may we have your DJI account so that we can help?
2019-7-11
Use props
Crazy CGI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 94058 ft
Singapore

Hi, I am having the same problem. My problem is the same old 01.03.550 firmware that cannot upgrade to any other firmware. I also have the 0x020106 upgrade error. Please make the fix firmware available to me.
My email and dji account is gregtay67@gmail.com
Thanks in advance.
2019-7-18
Use props
pezza
lvl.3
Flight distance : 71302 ft
Australia

Crazy CGI Posted at 7-18 10:27
Hi, I am having the same problem. My problem is the same old 01.03.550 firmware that cannot upgrade to any other firmware. I also have the 0x020106 upgrade error. Please make the fix firmware available to me.
My email and dji account is
Thanks in advance.

Hi
I too have the same problem from 01.03.550 to the current firmware I can't even go back to the original
2019-7-19
Use props
Lord_Nikkon
lvl.1

Poland

Hello i need also help with my mavic. I have v01.03.1000 uploaded to my drone and i tried everything. I need help.

Can someone from DJI send me this magic beta firmware to my account? michalzsd@gmail.com

It's really urgent!!
2020-1-29
Use props
tdorego
lvl.4
Canada

Try Woe's suggestion above first. I had the same problem as some of the posts above. Turns out the strong wifi 2.4GHz signal interferes with the wifi in your home. Enough so that you will loose wifi to your PC (in the middle of a firmware upgrade no less). I was able to get around this by using an ethernet cable for my PC and disabled the wifi. All updates were successful after that. You can go back to wifi when you are done. Hope this helps.
2020-2-24
Use props
Andres w
New
Argentina

Hi!
I have a Mavic Air Drone that was working correctly until the app suggested me to upgrade.
No i have the RC on the latest version. 1.4.500 and the drone on 1.3.040. Ive tried to Fly and the dron vibrate a lot when is try to hover, not the camera, the hole drone.
I think that the problem could be a firmware corruption, and i plugged it to Assistant2. And it sais that it need to reinstall the 1.3.040. Sadly that won't finish. I ve tried with all the firmwares available n the assistant and i always get a 0x032800 and or 0x020106.  Can you please help me? Thanks!
Mi user is andres@estanoestudio.com.ar
2020-3-15
Use props
dronepilotbob
lvl.3
Flight distance : 931795 ft
Canada

I had the mismatch firmware same as you. But I had no issues pairing. Did you try changing computers and seeing if you can load the firmware from it?
2020-3-18
Use props
djiuser_7qBJhjTBFi7h
New

Zambia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2019-7-11 22:10
Hi there, sorry for the troubles on updating the firmware, may we have your DJI account so that we can help?

Hi i need help as well in updating the software
2022-6-22
Use props
djiuser_7qBJhjTBFi7h
New

Zambia

I'm getting error 0x020106 when trying to update my mavic pro

Dji account james.chama@yahoo.com
2022-6-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_7qBJhjTBFi7h Posted at 6-22 06:40
I'm getting error 0x020106 when trying to update my mavic pro

Dji account james.chama@yahoo.com

Hi there, could you please tell us the current firmware version of your drone?
2022-6-25
Use props
Muttley7
lvl.4
United States

DankDroneDownloader.com is a freeware website containing all DJI firmware versions for your Mavic Pro and for its controller.  When you've copied the firmware edition you seek for the drone and controller, then you can use DUMLdoreV3, another freeware, to install matching firmware versions in both the drone and its controller.  Alternatively, you can use payware DroneHacks.com ( 40 euro per drone license) or No Limit Drones payware ( 40 euros per drone license) to install the firmware you seek for the drone ALONE.  Those payware options will NOT  install firmware in the controller.  Only freeware DUMLdoreV3 is capable of installing firmware in the controller.  The payware options are still useful if you later decide to remove ahem, limitations, from your drone's flight envelope.
http://dankdronedownloader.com/D ... del=wm220&Brand=DJI

https://github.com/jezzab/DUMLdore

https://drone-hacks.com/

https://nolimitdronez.com/birdmap

As a footnote may I add that the latest firmware update for the Mavic Pro1, designated as version 0050 will lock you out of Litchi, should you ever wish to use that highly versatile waypoint planning software.  You may wish therefore to take a stroll down memory lane using DankDroneDownloader.com, which offers several earlier firmware versions for your dining pleasure.
2022-6-25
Use props
billp4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8281 ft
United States

Hi, I had the same issue. I am a licensed drone operator, I request permission to fly in restricted zones. from the FAA in my country,  as near airports, to do roof inspections of buildings. using LAANC.
Next when I attempt to fly, I have to request permission from DJI. This process can take hours. I cant earn a living this way. not knowing if I can fly, When I can Fly and if my customer will wait....
So I try to reflash the drone software to do this.
My Mavic Pro is now Bricked. I cannot connect to the pc anymore to attempt reloading software, the RC will not connect to the drone to reload the software. the last attempt was with DJI software that froze at 40%
I have spent thousands of dollars on DJI drones which are now garbage.
  The reason my drone is bricked is there is no policy within DJI to allow licensed drone operators to operate there drone as responsible adults, that is the purpose of the license, at least here in the US.
So if anyone at DJI reviews my issue, consider unlocking drones for licensed operators. you could keep a data base of operators which would give your company some measure of liability protection. which is what I assume you fear.
Requiring permission for each flight from DJI is not feasible in its present form, for me. when I arrive on site I have FAA permission within minutes. working near an airport, I need to be able to fly promptly for everyone's safety, not wait for a response from a corporation when they decide. many times the inspection cannot be scheduled the previous day. I need to respond to my customer when they want.
When ATC says go, the airline pilot cant say, "well wait, I have to get permission from Boeing before I take off."
  I hope you can take the time to consider my proposal.
Thank you for your time
Bill
2022-7-7
Use props
Muttley7
lvl.4
United States

billp4 Posted at 7-7 16:33
Hi, I had the same issue. I am a licensed drone operator, I request permission to fly in restricted zones. from the FAA in my country,  as near airports, to do roof inspections of buildings. using LAANC.
Next when I attempt to fly, I have to request permission from DJI. This process can take hours. I cant earn a living this way. not knowing if I can fly, When I can Fly and if my customer will wait....
So I try to reflash the drone software to do this.

It is odd that the connectivity between your drone and the PC has been blocked.  That level of deactivation is way beyond anything I have ever experienced.  Obviously, if that drone to PC link is broken, all remedies entailing the rollback of firmware via hacking websites will be out of the question.

I can only imagine the cost implications for a professional drone operator whenever DJI plays Big Brother with their products to the extent of seemingly preventing third-party solutions from being attempted.
2022-7-7
Use props
Spyder30
lvl.1
Flight distance : 91870 ft
Ireland

I have tried everything with this Mavic pro 2, worked perfect on till last update broke it,
it will not connect controller , seems a lot of Money spent to end up in a case like a brick under the bed
2022-7-8
Use props
Muttley7
lvl.4
United States

Spyder30 Posted at 7-8 12:27
I have tried everything with this Mavic pro 2, worked perfect on till last update broke it,
it will not connect controller , seems a lot of Money spent to end up in a case like a brick under the bed

This forced firmware update drone deactivation syndrome inflicted by DJI on its own drones is a major cause for concern.  These drones are not cheap, with a Mavic Pro2 currently retailing used for nearly $1K USD, so it makes no sense for the manufacturer to have suddenly begun sabotaging its own products.  

It is worthy of mention that SOME DJI Mavics apparently do work just fine with the latest firmware updates, which for the Mavic Pro1 is designated 0500, and this leads me to speculate that the deactivation of drones using forced firmware updates is not occurring across the board, but is specific to some individual drones, perhaps even on the basis of geographical location.

All told this is a very odd situation that one only hopes can be remedied by hacking facilities that have thus far been able to devise countermeasures capable of bypassing DJI's evolving anti-rollback tactics and will hopefully be able to continue doing so going forward into the future.
2022-7-8
Use props
djiuser_bsyIpACyBY5F
New

Mexico

NO PUEDO ACTUALIZAR A V01.04.0500 EN MAVIC PRO. ESTOY HARTA.
2023-5-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_bsyIpACyBY5F Posted at 5-21 19:27
NO PUEDO ACTUALIZAR A V01.04.0500 EN MAVIC PRO. ESTOY HARTA.

Hi there. We're sorry you're experiencing such a concern. Are you getting an error message when you try to update? If yes, kindly post a screenshot of it for further checking. And did you update it through the app, or the DJI Assistant 2?
2023-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules