Mimo not opening on Pixel 3XL running Q DP5
1779 6 2019-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jez650
lvl.2
Australia

I have not been able to run Mimo on my Pixel since updating to run Android 10 Developer preview. I figured that there was something in the new firmwear that is not compatible with Mimo, but as this is a developer perview, I would have hoped that DJI would have updated the app by now as we are up to version 5!
Is it just me or anyone ealse having this problem? This is the core version of Android!
2019-7-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Jez650. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. Have you tried using a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the said mobile device ( Pixel 3XL ) on the recommended mobile device list. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is still not recommended for your DJI Osmo Pocket as of the moment. Actually, there is a  possibility that the  Pixel 3XL will be able to work with the said DJI device however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Osmo Pocket and with the DJI Mimo application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the Pixel 3XL when in use with the said device and with the said application and if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any inconvenience and any problem. In addition I will forward this thread to the designated department for further development of the DJI Mimo application. Thank you.

2019-7-12
Use props
Jez650
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-12 07:47
Hello and good day Jez650. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. Have you tried using a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the said mobile device ( Pixel 3XL ) on the recommended mobile device list. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is still not recommended for your DJI Osmo Pocket as of the moment. Actually, there is a  possibility that the  Pixel 3XL will be able to work with the said DJI device however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Osmo Pocket and with the DJI Mimo application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the Pixel 3XL when in use with the said device and with the said application and if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any inconvenience and any problem. In addition I will forward this thread to the designated department for further development of the DJI Mimo application. Thank you.

[view_image]

Thank you for your reply and sending it along to the developers
As it was working on this phone before the update, even though it was not officially supported, I was hoping that there would be an update to support the new version of android and that would return have it working again.
Ah well, I will continue to wait....
2019-7-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Jez650 Posted at 7-12 18:30
Thank you for your reply and sending it along to the developers
As it was working on this phone before the update, even though it was not officially supported, I was hoping that there would be an update to support the new version of android and that would return have it working again.
Ah well, I will continue to wait....

You are very much welcome Jez650. Rest assured that our DJI R&D team are continuously testing multiple devices to be added in the said list in the future. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2019-7-13
Use props
Jez650
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-13 08:41
You are very much welcome Jez650. Rest assured that our DJI R&D team are continuously testing multiple devices to be added in the said list in the future. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Well it turns out I did not have to wait long! The latest update has got it working again! Must have included support for Android Q.
Happy again to have full functionality back.
2019-7-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Jez650 Posted at 7-16 12:54
Well it turns out I did not have to wait long! The latest update has got it working again! Must have included support for Android Q.
Happy again to have full functionality back.

Thank you for sharing this wonderful information Jez650. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you.
2019-7-16
Use props
djiuser_33r1g4SpB87Q
New
United States

I have the same issue with my Pixel 3XL. Upon first downloading the app, it worked (not perfectly, but it functioned.)

Now, it just doesn't open at all. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, cleaning out the app files, etc. (Everything save wiping my phone, which I'm not going to do for a poorly made app)

But it still doesn't open! This makes me very dissappointed in DJI
2021-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules