Wheel issue
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Saberfly
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Just got done assembling my Robomaster. The side to side movement works great but the forward and reverse is terrible. Seems like the front wheels are moving opposite the rear. Wiring has all been double checked and it all checked fine in the setup on the app. Any ideas? Anyone else have this issue? Any help would be appreciated.
2019-7-13
Use props
Saberfly
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

My bad. It works fine now. Just wasnt use to how it works. Sorry everyone
2019-7-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Saberfly. Thank you for reaching out and it is great to know that the issue has been resolved. In addition I will be posting a link where in you can check the overview and some tutorial videos for the DJI Robomaster S1. Have a safe and happy driving always.

https://www.dji.com/robomaster-s1?site=brandsite&from=nav
2019-7-13
Use props
Malibu Aerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143898 ft
United States

Saberfly Posted at 7-13 15:58

Good to hear that you got everything worked out.  Where are you from?
2019-7-16
Use props
Saberfly
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Indiana. You?
2019-7-16
Use props
Malibu Aerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143898 ft
United States

Saberfly Posted at 7-16 20:05
Indiana. You?

Los Angeles. I’ve been looking for people in my area but no luck yet. I’m debating if I should buy another one.
2019-7-17
Use props
fans90fba1c6
New

United States

Saberfly Posted at 7-13 15:58

Hi,

I am having the same issue. How did you fix your wheel issue?

Thanks
2019-8-19
Use props
MarkusXL
lvl.4
United States

Glad you are all doing fun with your S1.  Yeah the mecanum wheels are a funny thing.  It is all in the docs, how to get it right.   Read carefully!

The short story is that all the rollers will angle toward the center of the chassis, following like an " X " pattern when viewed from above or below.
2019-8-19
Use props
fans90fba1c6
New

United States

MarkusXL Posted at 8-19 20:24
Glad you are all doing fun with your S1.  Yeah the mecanum wheels are a funny thing.  It is all in the docs, how to get it right.   Read carefully!

The short story is that all the rollers will angle toward the center of the chassis, following like an " X " pattern when viewed from above or below.

I checked the wheels. They are angled toward the center of the chassis in 'X' fashion. Also checked the wiring. Everything looks good. The S1 is able to move from side to side but not forward and backward.
2019-8-20
Use props
BGA
Second Officer
United States

Did you try redoing the wheel assignment in the robomaster app?
2019-8-20
Use props
fans90fba1c6
New

United States

BGA Posted at 8-20 08:07
Did you try redoing the wheel assignment in the robomaster app?

Ah never realized there was a wheel assignment. I will check this out. Thanks!
2019-8-20
Use props
fans90fba1c6
New

United States

Thank you, that worked! Just in case someone else runs into this problem, I went to Settings -> System. From there I did Motor Addressing and also Gimbal and Chassis Calibration. I don't think you have to do Gimbal and Chassis Calibration, but I did it anyways.
2019-8-20
Use props
BGA
Second Officer
United States

fans90fba1c6 Posted at 8-20 11:29
Thank you, that worked! Just in case someone else runs into this problem, I went to Settings -> System. From there I did Motor Addressing and also Gimbal and Chassis Calibration. I don't think you have to do Gimbal and Chassis Calibration, but I did it anyways.

FYI, doing the assignment is part of the setup process for the Robomaster app. Most likelly you skipped it.
2019-8-20
Use props
benkud
New

United States

hi, I’m having the same issue. I tried recalibrating the robot and it still did not work. Can someone please help!!!!
2019-12-16
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

benkud Posted at 12-16 17:45
hi, I’m having the same issue. I tried recalibrating the robot and it still did not work. Can someone please help!!!!

The rollers should make an "X" pattern when viewed from above.
2019-12-16
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

There's a photo of properly installed wheels here.
Keep in mind the photo shows the wheels from the bottom of the robot. The pattern the rollers make are different when viewed from the top or bottom.
2019-12-16
Use props
Bkaymakci
New
Turkey

I have a same problem. How can I fixed that. I dont understand "X WHEEL WAY"  
2020-2-29
Use props
gpvillamil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210226 ft
United States

Bkaymakci Posted at 2-29 01:42
I have a same problem. How can I fixed that. I dont understand "X WHEEL WAY"  [view_image]
Your wheels are incorrectly placed. There is an etched diagram on the bottom of the robot next to each wheel that shows how the rollers should be oriented.

On the right side of the picture, swap the top and bottom wheels. Then do the wheel assignment in the app.
2020-2-29
Use props
djiuser_KCRVBFUEvL2Y
New

United States

MarkusXL Posted at 2019-8-19 20:24

Thanks!  The 'X' pattern for the wheels fixed my issue as well.  

The instructions that came in the box are what caused me the problem, as they are showing the opposite.

2020-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules