Sparks Inherent Faults
5183 38 2019-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RJB1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 32031 ft

Australia

It seems DJI is now removing posts that expose their products faults. Must mean they know they are heading for a class action lawsuit and a total recall of the Spark.

Here are the details of my last two flights showing the Spark hop that so many people have compained about, and then after a good flight my Spark falls while under power hits the ground and does a total flyaway. No errors are recorded in the flight logs, showing its a hardware issue.

I found the other day that by doing a rotation and yaw when it's having the hop seems to reset it and bring it under control. In this first video it doesnt work and it eventually hit some grass and fouled the prop.

here is the flight record with that video.
https://app.airdata.com/flight/aa76c2e0e75dc6a625bc6fc2c0e188b0

So then I thought Id try it again. It still hopped but then came under control after rotating and yawing and I got a good couple of minutes flight. Then as i start to decend the motors start surging and it falls, hits the ground then shot off. I moved the stick and made it rotate and it stopped the flyaway and started to come back but then crashed.

and here is the flight record with the second video.
https://app.airdata.com/flight/c092973bef9ec1dd11b10c66bafe52be
2019-7-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day RJB1. I am really sorry to know and to watch what happened to your DJI Spark. Since this issue is happening with your DJI Spark I would recommend you contact our support team to start up a ticket for the said drone at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav . We have the professional team who would do their best to fix and find out the reason of the incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. We hope to hear from you as soon as possible for a faster resolution. Again I am sorry and thank for your support.
2019-7-14
Use props
RJB1
lvl.4

Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-14 13:21
Hello and good day RJB1. I am really sorry to know and to watch what happened to your DJI Spark. Since this issue is happening with your DJI Spark I would recommend you contact our support team to start up a ticket for the said drone at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav . We have the professional team who would do their best to fix and find out the reason of the incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. We hope to hear from you as soon as possible for a faster resolution. Again I am sorry and thank for your support.

That's just a link to your site. As far as I'm aware i have started these, "tickets" as you call them before and all that ends up happening is Im told "send it to our service center you will pay for everything" Why am I paying for a hardware fault in the product? The fault was there when it was under warranty. I have 1 and a half hours total flying on this drone and most of that the flights had various faults all linked to hardware issues.
2019-7-14
Use props
RJB1
lvl.4

Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-14 13:21

Id also be interested to know why you deleted the previous thread exposing these faults with the DJI Spark?
2019-7-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

RJB1 Posted at 7-14 15:49
Id also be interested to know why you deleted the previous thread exposing these faults with the DJI Spark?

Hi RJB1, upon checking your previous post, it was not deleted but was merged to the previous thread because they are duplicated: https://forum.dji.com/thread-191677-2-1.html
We are so sorry for the troubles with the drone, it is hard to locate the problem if you don't send in, the higher-level team has also explained via email that the drone needs to be sent back for the evaluation, hope you can consider it, thank you.
2019-7-17
Use props
Stinger1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 205016 ft
Australia

If it was an "INHERENT" fault we would all be having it. Why dont you just send your faulty drone in to be looked at rather than whine on here.      
2019-7-17
Use props
RJB1
lvl.4

Australia

Stinger1 Posted at 7-17 14:22
If it was an "INHERENT" fault we would all be having it. Why dont you just send your faulty drone in to be looked at rather than whine on here.

Whine? wow what a typical ignorant response. If you've read the other posts, DJI refuse to honour their warranty. I bought the drone with one months warranty still valid and the problems arose during this time, but it took me some time to work out that it was a hardware issue. Ive flown the drone for an hour and half total. I don't feel giving a time warranty is of any value when you only have flown it a short time in that period. So DJI want me to send it to their service center that they refuse to let me talk to anyone at and who act so secretly about and with no guarantees of what they will do to it or what they will charge. There are lots of threads here of others who have sent their drone to a DJI service center and been very unhappy with what was done. Lastly if you haven't had an issue with your Spark, it doesn't mean you wont be, its just a matter of when and the issues people are having all seem to be in the same area of IMU faults.
2019-7-17
Use props
RJB1
lvl.4

Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-17 03:41
Hi RJB1, upon checking your previous post, it was not deleted but was merged to the previous thread because they are duplicated: https://forum.dji.com/thread-191677-2-1.html
We are so sorry for the troubles with the drone, it is hard to locate the problem if you don't send in, the higher-level team has also explained via email that the drone needs to be sent back for the evaluation, hope you can consider it, thank you.

I've told you I wont consider it unless you allow me to talk to people at the service center. Why is that so unreasonable?
2019-7-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

RJB1 Posted at 7-17 17:07
I've told you I wont consider it unless you allow me to talk to people at the service center. Why is that so unreasonable?

The repair center doesn't call back, we have different team to handle different step, we also have support team and Customer Care Team who is responsible to communicate with customers. As we recommended, please send back the drone and our repair team will help figure out what happened to the drone, thank you.
2019-7-18
Use props
Tomasz Laptas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2275102 ft
United Kingdom

Hey RJB1, you were right mate, these cowboys moved my post ,few peolpe joined in to share similar stories.
2019-7-18
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

Hi there,Your case of a jumpy SPARK has been commented by other users including myself some few months back. This is a classic case of motherboard failure. The downward vision sensors are working fine. It is the SPARK main motherboard for some reason fails to process the signals received from the vision sensor. I had mine repaired recently from a DJi authorized center. it cost me 120 USD.  However even with this fault , the SPARK flew at long distances and RTH worked perfectly fine. The only issue was with hard landing where I had to change some parameter values ithrough the DJI Assistant 2  V1.1.2  to smoothen the landing. However now I have repaired the symptom by replacing the main mother board at DJI service center and everything is well.
2019-7-18
Use props
RJB1
lvl.4

Australia

S.J Posted at 7-18 12:18
Hi there,Your case of a jumpy SPARK has been commented by other users including myself some few months back. This is a classic case of motherboard failure. The downward vision sensors are working fine. It is the SPARK main motherboard for some reason fails to process the signals received from the vision sensor. I had mine repaired recently from a DJi authorized center. it cost me 120 USD.  However even with this fault , the SPARK flew at long distances and RTH worked perfectly fine. The only issue was with hard landing where I had to change some parameter values ithrough the DJI Assistant 2  V1.1.2  to smoothen the landing. However now I have repaired the symptom by replacing the main mother board at DJI service center and everything is well.

Wouldn't it be nice if DJI was honest with its customers and you could talk to someone at a service center who must be seeing these issues all the time. That technician would be able to identify the issue just from a description of what the drone was doing and  at least guesstimate that it was the mother board and it will cost ... Instead of this rubbish you get from them, "send it to us" "no you can't talk to anyone you are sending it to" which leaves you with no confidence that you are going to be treated right.
2019-7-18
Use props
RJB1
lvl.4

Australia

Tomasz Laptas Posted at 7-18 09:03
Hey RJB1, you were right mate, these cowboys removed my post once few peolpe joined in to share similar stories.

I have a feeling they have fake accounts in here too that post fake stories about how amazing the Spark is and how their service center experience was fantastic. I'm pretty certain they are using, if not fake accounts, then paid users to post videos that are indeed amazing of Spark flights, but they are by professionals in graphic design who make it look like they just threw their Spark up and captured these amazing shots. Just look at the admins and moderators with their fake superhero avatars. I've never seen a forum with so many admins and moderators all on the DJI payroll.
2019-7-18
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Kuwait

RJB1 Posted at 7-18 13:35
I have a feeling they have fake accounts in here too that post fake stories about how amazing the Spark is and how their service center experience was fantastic. I'm pretty certain they are using, if not fake accounts, then paid users to post videos that are indeed amazing of Spark flights, but they are by professionals in graphic design who make it look like they just threw their Spark up and captured these amazing shots. Just look at the admins and moderators with their fake superhero avatars. I've never seen a forum with so many admins and moderators all on the DJI payroll.

I think your issue could be  a bad service center where employees are not qualified for the job. I think with such companies like DJI , they should provide training material, service procedures and ensure their distributors comply to ensure qualified people sit in these service centers.
2019-7-19
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

I hear your thoughts and perhaps DJI will improve upon these issues with its second Spark iteration...
2019-7-19
Use props
RJB1
lvl.4

Australia

S.J Posted at 7-19 04:06
I think your issue could be  a bad service center where employees are not qualified for the job. I think with such companies like DJI , they should provide training material, service procedures and ensure their distributors comply to ensure qualified people sit in these service centers.

Well really the issue is DJI refuse to allow customers any contact with their service centers. Saying that people would be calling all the time implies DJI products are faulty way more than they should be. If you buy something and you have a problem with it, shouldn't you be able to talk to the people who are supposedly going to work on it? not some call center in Hong Kong who just says, "send it to our service center"
2019-7-19
Use props
RJB1
lvl.4

Australia

S.J Posted at 7-18 12:18
Hi there,Your case of a jumpy SPARK has been commented by other users including myself some few months back. This is a classic case of motherboard failure. The downward vision sensors are working fine. It is the SPARK main motherboard for some reason fails to process the signals received from the vision sensor. I had mine repaired recently from a DJi authorized center. it cost me 120 USD.  However even with this fault , the SPARK flew at long distances and RTH worked perfectly fine. The only issue was with hard landing where I had to change some parameter values ithrough the DJI Assistant 2  V1.1.2  to smoothen the landing. However now I have repaired the symptom by replacing the main mother board at DJI service center and everything is well.

If I could guarantee at least a 80% chance that it is the mother board, I'd buy one and put it in myself. I've found a company in Wisconsin that seems to strip Sparks for the parts and will ship to Australia. They have mother boards for $100 delivered. Did yours also drop with the motors running and surging like in this video?

2019-7-19
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

RJB1 Posted at 7-19 23:37
If I could guarantee at least a 80% chance that it is the mother board, I'd buy one and put it in myself. I've found a company in Wisconsin that seems to strip Sparks for the parts and will ship to Australia. They have mother boards for $100 delivered. Did yours also drop with the motors running and surging like in this video?

So you are willing to buy a sec hand part for 100 bucks to your doorstep, no warranty, but arent willin to pay 120 for a new part, changed, with warranty?
Up2you , mate!

I really don't understand your obsession with "I wanna talk to the service people who lay hand on my bird", I really don't!
2019-7-20
Use props
RJB1
lvl.4

Australia

S-e-ven Posted at 7-20 04:35
So you are willing to buy a sec hand part for 100 bucks to your doorstep, no warranty, but arent willin to pay 120 for a new part, changed, with warranty?
Up2you , mate!

How do you or I know that DJI is going to charge $120? HOW!!!? If they wont even let you talk to someone in their service department, how do you know what they are going to do? And THAT is the problem. There have been way too many reports Ive seen here that DJI received a A/C then charged whatever they wanted. Shipping in Australia is very expensive and i have to ship it 3000km. The drone is only worth $500 so if they decide they want to change everything, then I'm left with a drone in pieces that I still need to ship back to me, or spend more than its worth. DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW?
2019-7-20
Use props
GetHigh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 163619 ft
United States

I'm curious. In your video, the "surging" can be heard. This is the only way we know of it. How did the spark record the sound? Mine records video, not audio, that I'm aware of.
2019-7-20
Use props
NRRTRAINS 85
lvl.4

United States

i'm not rich and i don't waste money  , why buy a used part that may not be the problem or worst it has the same problem . if you like the spark , i mean really like the spark , buy a new one . you have everything else  and a new spark is the only way to get a warranty . the price of a new spark is down from the original price . me i would cut my losses and buy a MP a much better quad . this is the last quad i will buy . i got this spark cheap , used it had only 2 flights , one on each battery and i knew the owner personnely he though it was like a MP a nice quad but  it's not a MP . i have a number of quads some way better some beginners . from what i see down the road for drone  flyers and all the new rules that will be coming out  it's not worth the hassle to me .  good luck in whatever you decide .
2019-7-20
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

RJB1 Posted at 7-20 14:58
How do you or I know that DJI is going to charge $120? HOW!!!? If they wont even let you talk to someone in their service department, how do you know what they are going to do? And THAT is the problem. There have been way too many reports Ive seen here that DJI received a A/C then charged whatever they wanted. Shipping in Australia is very expensive and i have to ship it 3000km. The drone is only worth $500 so if they decide they want to change everything, then I'm left with a drone in pieces that I still need to ship back to me, or spend more than its worth. DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW?

Afaik, out of warranty, they quote you the details, price, before they repair, in an e-mail.
And yes, I may be wrong, it may cost you 150 to 170 Aud, the 120 $ quote in this topic was US$, my bad.

But still the question stands, you are willing to buy a sec. hand part for 100 , that you have to change yourself. How do you know that the mainboard has not the same/another surprise for you?
It is most likely from a chrashed or some other way "disturbed" DJI Spark , isn't it? How many sellers gave the ability, to check this parts? It is not like you can see this faultyness, like a crack in the body.

How long are you dealing with this trouble, now?
I had the same trouble, "lucky" it was during warranty times, but I had to fight the problem, that the seller had to pay the shipping (Thailand-HKG), and that at that time, it seemed to be a very new symtome, which was/is, as a temporary occurrence, not that easy to reproduce. In between the two repair attempts, the first one failed, I even used all workarounds, I could find
Mainly the one, never start with app slide start PLUS switching to sport after starting the motors with CSC and forcing it as quickly as possible up to 2 to 3 m, minimum. That worked for some time.
So I know  this failure well. And since the last repair, it is like it should. But still, I never use the App, to start!

Oh, and I tried to get the admins from the forum to help, not to fight them
They seem to be very valuable, in case of delivering info to the service point, which you have delivered by video and others have delivered here in the forums.
I have never called anyone in Hongkong, but still it got repaired, in the end.

Good luck, mate!
Edit: you shouldnt worry, if they send it back in pieces. There is just one big piece inside, methinks.
The one, you wanna change in your own.
They to not repair mainboards in high prive countries, just change them.
2019-7-20
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

GetHigh Posted at 7-20 16:30
I'm curious. In your video, the "surging" can be heard. This is the only way we know of it. How did the spark record the sound? Mine records video, not audio, that I'm aware of.

Aside that it is the voice in the app and a recording of /with the device, the video shows the bumping down. Because it would be very difficult to fake that up and down, in case the sensors would work well!
I know, I had the same and from the perspective of the bird, it looks like that, recording it with the flight device close buy, it sounds like this. I give him that.
2019-7-20
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

And, by the way:

"It seems DJI is now removing posts that expose their products faults. Must mean they know they are heading for a class action lawsuit and a total recall of the Spark."

I do not know about any class action lawsuit, but I know  about the new forum structure and that a couple of topics got changed to other  sections.
The "removed" are most likely just "moved", in this case to service, perhaps.

The "removed" post from #11 is actually just moved.  Which the post writer forgot to change in t/his post, after I pointed him to it!
2019-7-20
Use props
RJB1
lvl.4

Australia

S-e-ven Posted at 7-20 19:00
Afaik, out of warranty, they quote you the details, price, before they repair, in an e-mail.
And yes, I may be wrong, it may cost you 150 to 170 Aud, the 120 $ quote in this topic was US$, my bad.

You are jumping to conclusions. I never said it was a used part. Its a company in Wisconsin that takes brand new Sparks and strips them down for the parts. I guess if you want to go on about how can I trust a company, then the same applies for DJI, because as we have seen they arent very trustworthy either.

Good point on them not replacing a motherboard so I could just have them ship it back, but since I can't talk to anyone in the service center, if they damaged other parts taking it apart I have no one to go back on. DJI just seem like a rip off for not letting you talk to the actual people that are working in the service center. Wouldnt you have more confidence if you had direct contact with the person fixing your hardware? I just dont see what that is such a big secret with DJI unless they are trying to hid something.
2019-7-21
Use props
RJB1
lvl.4

Australia

GetHigh Posted at 7-20 16:30
I'm curious. In your video, the "surging" can be heard. This is the only way we know of it. How did the spark record the sound? Mine records video, not audio, that I'm aware of.

Its no mystery. If you turn the app on to record then it records through your phone.
2019-7-21
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

RJB1 Posted at 7-21 00:29
You are jumping to conclusions. I never said it was a used part. Its a company in Wisconsin that takes brand new Sparks and strips them down for the parts. I guess if you want to go on about how can I trust a company, then the same applies for DJI, because as we have seen they arent very trustworthy either.

Good point on them not replacing a motherboard so I could just have them ship it back, but since I can't talk to anyone in the service center, if they damaged other parts taking it apart I have no one to go back on. DJI just seem like a rip off for not letting you talk to the actual people that are working in the service center. Wouldnt you have more confidence if you had direct contact with the person fixing your hardware? I just dont see what that is such a big secret with DJI unless they are trying to hid something.

Ok, my bad, I did not know that there are people, stripping brand new birds and selling untested (in reality) parts.Because they are new, no need to, right?

Which is the problem, with your (and former also my)  problem, in his case.

I do not think, that DJI is knowingly sending out defective birds.
And this particular defect was not there, from the beginning (at least my bird needed over 30 flights, to the first "bumping on the floor"-starting event).
And after that it happened for about 200 flights just every 10 or 20 flights, was not to predict, nor was it to push, which resulted in (my case!) "all ok" on the first warranty service attempt. Where they also did not find/could not  reproduce the gimbal "hooking".
Despite the videos and forums-mods involved, there was a second attempt needed, for this two faulty parts.

Since this is NOW a known "thing", to DJI,  I may have the idea, in case a Spark comes in, with this description, in special if OUT OF warranty, they go direct to the mainboard change. And get you a warranty on that changed part!

And to the "damaging other parts", you are not leaving your lovely Subaru (in the second video, you forgot something: 158-... ;-) in the dealership without guarding every move they do, huu?

Dji is just not a "around the corner" service, in Australia.
Neither it is in Thailand. But there are "trusted" Service shops, which do , payed, service.
I did not follow all of your topics about this, at least I don't have every rant in my head, but:
You are out of warranty, arent there any other DJI servicing Drone dealers around?
Closer to your area?

No one says, you need to get it to "the" official DJI Service in Australia, which would have handled your bird in warranty times.

And, aside all this, YOU wanna get the bird in the air again!

I understand that you are angry.
This "misbehavior" may be a build in thing, and you just got it after warranty times.
Did you buy it second hand or just not used it much, in the one year?
In case of sec. hand, my guess is, the angryness is in the wrong direction!

You bird is already on "almost every start", which come in my experience after more as 100 flights!
But I also think that it is a "growing" error, aging, bad soldering, ....

And yes, it is not so easy, to get in contact with DJI-Service. It always ends in call centers or in the forum.
My idea is (and was), to get a lot of info to the mods, so that they could connect it to the bird.
This way, the service should be able to read as much about it, as neccessary!
But you could try to get a mod to try to inform the service to call back to you, before they do something, after they open up the parcel, perhaps?

One thing:  Are you sure, it will be repaired in Australia?
As i said, if I would want DJI to do something on my birds, here in Thailand, it would need to be send to Hong Kong!
Which means, since warranty is gone, I would get it to one of the 2 (known to me)  Bangkok based DJI-Drone Services, which are NOT warranty handler for the Spark.
At least they weren't, for my two spark!

In the end it is just one question: You wanna fly that bird again?

Try the CSC, after starting motors switch to sport and "fullspeed" the bird up in the air.
I found out, if 2 or more meters up, it still may try to fall, but the motorpower comes always back again, after 10, 20, 30cm
And it stabilizes after some seconds. But up in the Air, only
On the ground it bumps, bumps, and that lets you try to stop the motors, right?

Or get it to a DJI Service for the Spark.
Even in case it cost you 200 AUD, still cheaper as a new one/other bird!
2019-7-21
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Kuwait

RJB1 Posted at 7-19 23:37

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00djgg9e_AM
Not ...exactly.  I need you to fly low at 50 cm up and check if the SPARK moves up or down abruptly.... ....Ensure OptiFlow is shown on the screen.  DO NOT TEST THIS PROCEDURE WITH A GPS LOCK. Also it is ok if atti mode is shown.
2019-7-26
Use props
RJB1
lvl.4

Australia

S.J Posted at 7-26 00:24
Not ...exactly.  I need you to fly low at 50 cm up and check if the SPARK moves up or down abruptly.... ....Ensure OptiFlow is shown on the screen.  DO NOT TEST THIS PROCEDURE WITH A GPS LOCK. Also it is ok if atti mode is shown.

I don't see how that test could be performed, or if it could, how it would prove anything. When I take off one of two things are going to happen. It takes off and everything works fine. Or it takes off but I have limited control with intermittent up and down control as the craft jumps up and down hitting the ground.  
2019-7-26
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Kuwait

RJB1 Posted at 7-26 13:45
I don't see how that test could be performed, or if it could, how it would prove anything. When I take off one of two things are going to happen. It takes off and everything works fine. Or it takes off but I have limited control with intermittent up and down control as the craft jumps up and down hitting the ground.

Did you get a GPS lock while you were taking off.  What I want to understand is whether you have a intermittent UP/DOWN issue during take off or is it at a particular height as shown in your video
It would be better a secondary camera is used to shoot the SPARK while taking off from ground until the moment when the UP/DOWN issue starts to understand the scenario better
2019-7-27
Use props
RJB1
lvl.4

Australia

S.J Posted at 7-27 00:19
Did you get a GPS lock while you were taking off.  What I want to understand is whether you have a intermittent UP/DOWN issue during take off or is it at a particular height as shown in your video
It would be better a secondary camera is used to shoot the SPARK while taking off from ground until the moment when the UP/DOWN issue starts to understand the scenario better

Because im a bit paranoid of it doing crazy things I usually wait till i have GPS lock before I even take off. So the jumping starts immediately from when you push the stick up. It doesnt respond to up and down stick control and just jumps around. But now Ive found it does respond to yaw and rotate control and that seems to bring it out of the jumping. In the video when it few away I put it in a rotation and again it stopped the fly away and it seemed like it was back under control, but i was disorientated as to where it was and it hit the ground before i could really tell if i was controlling it.

Something I think I've noticed from the flight records is the sonar heights are totally out compared to gps height. that is what was making me think its the sensor.
2019-7-27
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Kuwait

if it moves up and down within cms of take off, surely the main board is failing prematurely. My case was a  gradual process until the front obstacle sense also failed. This clearly indicates the main chip on the motherboard might be failing, although it works perfectly fine with a GPS lock including camera and RTH.
2019-7-30
Use props
RJB1
lvl.4

Australia

S.J Posted at 7-30 13:05
if it moves up and down within cms of take off, surely the main board is failing prematurely. My case was a  gradual process until the front obstacle sense also failed. This clearly indicates the main chip on the motherboard might be failing, although it works perfectly fine with a GPS lock including camera and RTH.

Interesting that you had other advice for someone else who had the same issue.
2019-8-4
Use props
RJB1
lvl.4

Australia

Wow so many people all reporting the same problem. DJI continue to ignore the issue or come up with hair brain responses, or just ask you to send it to them and then they rip you off.  
Spark is acting crazy during take off

Spark take off issues

Spark continues to drop and crash

DJI Spark struggles to stay hovering.
Spark hovering up and down not stabilising
My first report of this issue when the Spark was still under warranty and DJi wouldnt even respond.
Spark goes up and down but wont stabilise

Spark not taking off and smashing into the ground

Two more threads that came up. Both from 2017. they start out saying its battery errors, but the admins seem to be certain it isnt. Which begs the question, Have DJI known about the issue all along?
Spark behaved strangely after mandatory update

Spark drops after taking off

2019-8-5
Use props
RJB1
lvl.4

RJB1 Posted at 8-5 00:01
Wow so many people all reporting the same problem. DJI continue to ignore the issue or come up with hair brain responses, or just ask you to send it to them and then they rip you off.  
Spark is acting crazy during take off

Same issue for everyone, but DJI refuses to honour warranty on it.
2019-10-3
Use props
ssylca44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft

Nicely documented. Thanks
2019-10-5
Use props
Janno-mann
lvl.2
Flight distance : 153737 ft

Well done RJB1, and you did not even discover all reports...
I have been experencing the same demeanour with my beloved Spark for almost a year now and there must be countless more, who just can not be bothered to do the research or documenting.
In my case it started after a few particular bad crashes after a good long year of trouble-free flying...
As a hobby electronician I tried to get at the bottom of this and went so far as to taking the bird apart (it needed a new frame due to a broken wing anyway) and followed every the advice given in other forums, rerouting the power wires, insolating the motherboard and what not. But as you might have guessed, the typical jumping still happens now and then - the last time everything was fine at the ascent and after fying for full five minutes, she suddenly fell from the sky like a stone and I could just somehow get her to hover about 10 meteres off the ground, badly wobbeling up and down to an emergeny landing: Not Good!
The outcome is, I will never really feel safe flying my Spark or any other Spark, even if I send mine in and get a completely new replacement back from DJI. Because I have come to believe, the source of the problem lies in the miniature construction of the quad: there are so many possibly oscillating electronic parts packed so closely together, that the error is not easily replicable and happening totally by chance. And the technitians at DJI will have a really hard time to find the culprit and an even harder time to work out a remedy. That to my mind is the reason, why we have not heard anything factual about it until now, sorry folks.
And I know, what I am talking about, having collected quads and multicopters for many years, experimenting with them, building them fron scratch and even constructing one from the ground up, and I can tell you, this has nothing to do with all the reasons mentioned by the folks in these forums and the various good intended solutions, like updating/downgrading firmware, dented propellors, dirty distance sensors, etc.
So RJB1, stop moaning and lamenting about a capitalist conspiracy, take it like a man and buy another quad from a competitor (you just might be so unlucky and have the same luck there...).
2019-10-8
Use props
djiuser_kazf9at88rTa
lvl.1

United States

RJB1 Posted at 7-20 14:58
How do you or I know that DJI is going to charge $120? HOW!!!? If they wont even let you talk to someone in their service department, how do you know what they are going to do? And THAT is the problem. There have been way too many reports Ive seen here that DJI received a A/C then charged whatever they wanted. Shipping in Australia is very expensive and i have to ship it 3000km. The drone is only worth $500 so if they decide they want to change everything, then I'm left with a drone in pieces that I still need to ship back to me, or spend more than its worth. DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW?

I just sent in my Spark to get repaired and they are quoting $227 for mother board replacements ($162 main board, $65 service fees).

Which is BS because the drone got bricked during a firmware update, not due to a crash or user neglect. Update froze at 99% and since then drone wouldn't broadcast wifi network or is recognized when plugged into my computer. Out of warranty so I'm SOL. Crappy on DJI's part.
2019-12-9
Use props
RJB1
lvl.4

Australia

djiuser_kazf9at88rTa Posted at 12-9 13:59
I just sent in my Spark to get repaired and they are quoting $227 for mother board replacements ($162 main board, $65 service fees).

Which is BS because the drone got bricked during a firmware update, not due to a crash or user neglect. Update froze at 99% and since then drone wouldn't broadcast wifi network or is recognized when plugged into my computer. Out of warranty so I'm SOL. Crappy on DJI's part.

Sorry to hear that. Yep I have no faith in DJI at all. They outright lied to people here about the discontinuation of the Spark. They knew about all its faults and continued to sell it, continued to tell people it was their fault when their Spark failed, and refused to honour warranties. Just out right disreputable company that shouldn't be supported in anyway until they get the message that customers shouldn't be treated this way.
2019-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules