DJI Installed P4 Gimbal Arm on My P4A?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MoralDK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 186880 ft
United States

I just went to install a new gimbal yaw motor and gimbal ESC board. After getting the parts I thought I received the wrong board because it was too short and the mount holes were wrong.  I found out that my P4A actually has a P4 arm/ribbon and ESC board.  Did the P4A ever come this way?  My P4A is a replacement from DJI and has since been back a couple of times for repair.  I've always had a sketchy gimbal, so I'm wondering what's up. With the longer P4 gimbal, I must be loosing some ground clearance.  I have to use a flat launch pad to avoid startup gimbal interference.  Can I get some DJI input on this?

Since installing these parts and attempting startup - it doesn't.  It gives a wimper of a startup beep and continues with an error beep and flash.  I'll have to go in and check for connection issues. Where can I get error beep/flash info?

gimbalesc.jpg
2019-7-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about the situation. We're hoping that you could get the best recommendation that you may need in regards to this process. Unfortunately, DJI doesn't support fixing the drone by our customer's end as this would void the warranty of the unit. However, this would depend on our customer's preferences. You could also check our recommended service centers which you could send the unit for further evaluation. Thank you for understanding.

https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers
2019-7-14
Use props
Oto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 540348 ft
Latvia

P4A has longer ESC board, you have a wrong part. That on the left is from P4.
2021-5-1
Use props
adomanim
lvl.3

Algeria

That magnetic connection looks pretty solid. The OM4 took a lot of harassment like a man, too. Quite impressed that the balancing was instant when the phone was connected to the gimbal. This saves a lot of time between answering phones or storing it after a shoot and resuming the gimbal's  snaptube vidmate operation.
2021-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules