Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

IlliaVolkov Posted at 7-15 22:07
Finally got my extension rod, feels solid, now it's more convenient to do sort of "infinity roll" in FPV mode

Good to see they're starting to be in the hands of users...
2019-7-15
Use props
Gijs4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 243665 ft
Netherlands

AngularIan Posted at 7-15 00:00
It won’t arrive in time. I’ve never known DJI ship something until at least a week after you’ve paid. If you’re Lucky my guess would be 2 weeks, but from experience it’s far more likely to be 3-4 weeks.
When it’s an item that’s months late for which there is pent-up demand it can take a lot longer and certainly this was the case for the power-charger case which DJI advertised as “now available” a few weeks before shipping actually started.
On the plus side there is strong chance that until pent-up demand is sorted it won’t be available from dealers until quite a long time after that.

I bought the underwater case yesterday, already shipped today. Seems to go as planned for the 2-5 days delivery.
2019-7-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

StardustGeass Posted at 7-15 03:50
the waterproof case seems very good IMO

But, the extension rod kinda worries me.

Hi StardustGeass, please be noted that Osmo Pocket charges its Extension Rod only to ensure its accessibility of power on/off, and the charging itself would have minor impact to Osmo Pocket battery life. No worries.
2019-7-16
Use props
cosmic68
Second Officer
Flight distance : 89042 ft
United Kingdom

IlliaVolkov Posted at 7-15 22:07
Finally got my extension rod, feels solid, now it's more convenient to do sort of "infinity roll" in FPV mode[Image]

You’re the first! Do a quick video.
2019-7-16
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Or perhaps just answer, if you can and have time, some of the questions posted here, pending the manual being online.  Eg how the wired connection is made.
2019-7-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

cosmic68 Posted at 7-14 22:58
I’ve never ordered things online from DJI (normally buy in store). How long does it usually take them to send stuff? Are they fast/slow?

I travel to Italy next week for holiday and ordered the rod. Wondering if there’s any chance it’ll arrive within 8 days?

It takes as long as it says on website, I find that if they say 2/5 days that’s what it is, don’t count sat/Sun.
2019-7-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

It won’t arrive in time. I’ve never known DJI ship something until at least a week after you’ve paid. If you’re Lucky my guess would be 2 weeks, but from experience it’s far more likely to be 3-4 weeks.
When it’s an item that’s months late for which there is pent-up demand it can take a lot longer and certainly this was the case for the power-charger case which DJI advertised as “now available” a few weeks before shipping actually started.
On the plus side there is strong chance that until pent-up demand is sorted it won’t be available from dealers until quite a long time after that.

I wouldn’t heed this fool, I ordered mine today already shipped, it seems of everyone on the forum here Angulwhinger spends his time giving out completely negative and wrong information, on the day power charger was released it also shipped, but obviously he was left out, maybe because he spends his time as the whinging Pom .
2019-7-16
Use props
dronieuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17018 ft
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 7-16 13:33
I wouldn’t heed this fool, I ordered mine today already shipped, it seems of everyone on the forum here Angulwhinger spends his time giving out completely negative and wrong information, on the day power charger was released it also shipped, but obviously he was left out, maybe because he spends his time as the whinging Pom .

Mine shipped on quickly too and should be here by the end of the week That's well within the 2-5 days quoted.
2019-7-16
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Order for rod placed 15th, left China on 16th, in Melbourne Australia  17th, could be here 18th (but estimated for 19th).  Can't complain.
2019-7-16
Use props
WayneMHK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 694728 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've never ordered anything from DJI (that was in stock) that took more than a day to ship and another 2-3 to arrive.  It's frankly amazing to me that they can get things out and delivered as fast as they do.  I ordered my case on Monday and it will be here by Thursday.  Hard to complain about that.  My only issue about DJI shipping is having to be home to sign for delivery on some items.  I understand why they do it, but it's just a PITA.
2019-7-17
Use props
Oh-no
lvl.4
Hong Kong

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-16 01:43
Hi StardustGeass, please be noted that Osmo Pocket charges its Extension Rod only to ensure its accessibility of power on/off, and the charging itself would have minor impact to Osmo Pocket battery life. No worries.

User manual PLEASE ~~~~~
2019-7-17
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Seconded!!
2019-7-17
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yea, 1-2 to ship is normal from DJI for instock items. I placed my order late in the day (midnight asia time) on the 1st day and I got my shipping notice early this morning and the rod should be here on Friday.
2019-7-17
Use props
Racingboy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 254754 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

dronieuk Posted at 7-15 22:10
@Racingboy, depending on the delivery company sometimes the tracking codes don't work until they arrive into the country of destination.

Thanks. It’s probably the case. Last status is that it left China on the 16th.
Patently waiting
2019-7-17
Use props
djiuser_p9bJCcwUby0Z
lvl.1

Hong Kong

#Quick Reply Here#I just got the waterproof case, and discover there is no "o-ring" design in it...... since "o-ring" is very important in waterproof equipment, quite worry about this.!!??
2019-7-17
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_p9bJCcwUby0Z Posted at 7-17 19:39
#Quick Reply Here#I just got the waterproof case, and discover there is no "o-ring" design in it...... since "o-ring" is very important in waterproof equipment, quite worry about this.!!??

There is an O ring in the circular cover. Look again.
2019-7-17
Use props
djiuser_p9bJCcwUby0Z
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Wiz33 Posted at 7-17 19:50

look again..... but no such thing at all.......!!!!
2019-7-17
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_p9bJCcwUby0Z Posted at 7-17 20:12
look again..... but no such thing at all.......!!!!

If you look at the right most photo on the product page and enlarge it. I see what looks like an O ring in the inner circle.
2019-7-17
Use props
djiuser_p9bJCcwUby0Z
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Wiz33 Posted at 7-17 19:50

found it, thanks
2019-7-17
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

The good news - they delivered my extension rod.  The bad news - I was at the dentist (more bad news) so they took it away again.  To be fair, they did originally estimate tomorrow for delivery.  Very quick service, even though it happened to be unsuccessful.
2019-7-17
Use props
Robb OConnor
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I’ve never ordered things online from DJI (normally buy in store). How long does it usually take them to send stuff? Are they fast/slow?

I travel to Italy next week for holiday and ordered the rod. Wondering if there’s any chance it’ll arrive within 8 days?

ust so you can get an idea of delivery to UK  I ordered the extension rod on Monday when it was released and it is being delivered by dpd courier today (Thursday ) to East Sussex so I am impressed with quick process of order
2019-7-18
Use props
Oh-no
lvl.4
Hong Kong

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... Case_User_Guide.pdf
2019-7-18
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I think you mean to post this user guide here - https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _Rod_User_Guide.pdf - but thanks for the hint on how the link is constructed! [Edit - ah, I forgot this thread covers both devices.]

Of course it still doesn't make clear how the phone connects by wire.... it refers to the connector behind the phone holder, but does not clearly state whether it is a storage place, or a data connection point.  Hopefully in 24 hours all will be revealed (by me, when mine arrives, or by someone else!)  [UPDATE - a Reddit poster says it's just a parking place for the adapter, which is a missed opportunity - you've got to use a dangly wire if you don't want to use the wireless adapter].

There is a cold shoe integrated into the Pocket holder at the top.

Button C1 - Press  to  switch  between  Tilt  Locked  (pan  axis  follow  only),  Follow (both tilt and pan axis follow), and FPV mode (all three axes follow). [Like the left button on the controller wheel].

Button C2     - When the gimbal is set to Tilt Locked or Follow mode, press and hold the button to switch to the other mode. Release the button to resume operation. When the gimbal is set to FPV mode, switch is unavailable.  [This button is the only really 'new' function on the rod - everything else is replicated with the control wheel, apart from the rocker instead of the wheel itself]

Joystick Control Switch -Toggle the switch to change joystick control mode. Choose between 360° control and up, down, left, and right control.  [I guess this means that if you want to go up and across at the same time, you need 360 degree position of this switch].

Button R - Press  to  change  the  orientation  of  the  camera  between  forward and backward (selfie). When Osmo Pocket is not in FPV mode, hold the button to lock the current attitude of the gimbal and release the button to unlock. [Full lock, like holding the right button on the wheel accessory]

Power/Function Button -    Press and hold the Power/Function button for one second to  power  on  or  off.  In  camera  view,  press  the  Power/Function button to switch between Video and Photo mode (not available in Pro settings on DJI Mimo). Press the button twice  to  recenter  the  gimbal.  In  the  touchscreen  settings  page, press the button to go back to the previous menu [So the same as the right button on the Pocket itself]

2019-7-18
Use props
AlanZ42
lvl.1
United States

fansfe82067d Posted at 7-18 05:18
I think you mean to post this user guide here - https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _Rod_User_Guide.pdf - but thanks for the hint on how the link is constructed! [Edit - ah, I forgot this thread covers both devices.]

Of course it still doesn't make clear how the phone connects by wire.... it refers to the connector behind the phone holder, but does not clearly state whether it is a storage place, or a data connection point.  Hopefully in 24 hours all will be revealed (by me, when mine arrives, or by someone else!)  .

My extension rod arrived today.  The only way to connect by wire is from the USB type C socket on the bottom of the phone via a cable to your phone.   This is disappointing, as it precludes using an external microphone and a phone at the same time.  

The functionality of the buttons is very nice... but I still shake my head about why an external mic is not compatible with either the wireless module or a connected phone via the USB port.  Sigh.
2019-7-18
Use props
AngularIan
lvl.3
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 7-16 13:33
I wouldn’t heed this fool, I ordered mine today already shipped, it seems of everyone on the forum here Angulwhinger spends his time giving out completely negative and wrong information, on the day power charger was released it also shipped, but obviously he was left out, maybe because he spends his time as the whinging Pom .

Skidmark007 is so predictable and tedious, Why hasn’t he been banned yet?

As it happens DJI seem to have learnt from the whingers rather than from the liar and arselicker who praise DJI regardless and picks a fight with anyone who dares to point out facts, because yes, for the first time in a long history of dealing with the,m they DID ship out within a day or two.

There are HUNDREDS of posts from others all over the different product pages pointing out that DJI take money and then wait a week or so before shipping. It seems those messages have FINALLY been heard, It’s just a shame that the repeated messages for SkidMark007 to be permanently banned after having already been banned twice previously for endless trolling have been ignored.

But as others have said, well done DJI for (a) shipping these out in a timely fashion and (b) pricing them very reasonably (as someone else has pointed out you only have to compare this product with the seriously price gouging thumb dial or microphone adapter to see that both these 7 month late products are ,excellent value for money)
2019-7-18
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 40866 ft
  • >>>
Canada

AlanZ42 Posted at 7-18 08:57
My extension rod arrived today.  The only way to connect by wire is from the USB type C socket on the bottom of the phone via a cable to your phone.   This is disappointing, as it precludes using an external microphone and a phone at the same time.  

The functionality of the buttons is very nice... but I still shake my head about why an external mic is not compatible with either the wireless module or a connected phone via the USB port.  Sigh.

You can connect the wireless adapter to the phone.

As for connecting the OP with the extension, that happens when you slide the camera into the holder using the same technique as the OP charging case. Really well designed actually. There is also a cold shoe to add a wireless mic or light.

Mine comes in the morning, but I got this from the online manual and someone’s poor unboxing video.

Can’t wait!
2019-7-18
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I'm waiting for mine to arrive any minute, and I'm looking forward to it, but I do think that it would have been significantly better - but more expensive of course - if DJI had designed it with a battery in the handle which could have recharged the Pocket when attached, and with a connector adjacent to the phone holder so that a short (supplied!) cable could be connected to the phone.  Then external mics could have been connected as well.  In fact, it's tempting to wonder whether down the track, such a deluxe version could be sold for those prepared to pay extra, and have a slightly heavier device.  But perhaps the connection pins can't be used for providing an output to a phone, while also providing control and charging.
2019-7-18
Use props
Oh-no
lvl.4
Hong Kong

Seems there are some wirings between the connecter of the extension rod to OP and the control buttons of the extension rod handle, how strong is it to withstand each 50cm extension .....?
2019-7-18
Use props
Racingboy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 254754 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Mine is also scheduled for today!
2019-7-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

AngularIan Posted at 7-18 15:00
Skidmark007 is so predictable and tedious, Why hasn’t he been banned yet?

As it happens DJI seem to have learnt from the whingers rather than from the liar and arselicker who praise DJI regardless and picks a fight with anyone who dares to point out facts, because yes, for the first time in a long history of dealing with the,m they DID ship out within a day or two.

There the whining Pom goes again, can’t resist whining Fact both these new accessories were promised to be released at a later date, something we have become accustomed to in the tech world, as with Apple EarPods shown first Then released 9 months later, although most understand this the whinging Pom needs his fix of whinging.
Indeed almost everyone on this thread realised that ALL dji products were released regarding OP on time as announced (except the whinging Pom), this can also be said of every product released by dji since orignal Mavic Pro, hopefully the whinging Pom can contribute more now to this forum or maybe go to some other forum and whinge there.
It’s usuall a result of being weened of the breast at a late age, in his case I would say around 33 ......
2019-7-19
Use props
Paulhd
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Ordered the Osmo waterproof case on Monday 15th, arrived Thursday 18th in the UK. Great service from DJI.
2019-7-19
Use props
Paulhd
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Ordered the Osmo waterproof case on Monday 15th, arrived Thursday 18th in the UK. Great service from DJI.
2019-7-19
Use props
Paulhd
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Paulhd Posted at 7-19 03:39
Ordered the Osmo waterproof case on Monday 15th, arrived Thursday 18th in the UK. Great service from DJI.

It is a shame I can't post a link to a short vid I made.
2019-7-19
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I admit this is about as exciting as watching paint dry, but I'm simply demonstrating slow and fast movements of the gimbal using only the joystick (and a couple of other things).  To get the best out of it, you have to practice and work out the best way of achieving the most delicate control.  For instance, for pans, I have subsequently found that for me, it's best to place my thumb horizontally across the joystick, rather than trying to do it vertically with clumsy movements of the lowest thumb joint.  YMMV.

It's also worth while practising fluid movements of the rig and at the same time using the buttons and joystick to achieve the results you want - getting to know which button does what without looking at them.

Personally I think this is an absolute must have for anyone using their Pocket at all seriously.

2019-7-19
Use props
Paulhd
lvl.1
United Kingdom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W21kfWE2nj8&t=18s
2019-7-19
Use props
Paulhd
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Sorry all, I'm trying to work this forum out. How to embed a video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W21kfWE2nj8&t=18s
2019-7-19
Use props
Paulhd
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Testing this link.

https://youtu.be/W21kfWE2nj8
2019-7-19
Use props
Paulhd
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Paulhd Posted at 7-19 06:00
Testing this link.

2019-7-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

fansfe82067d Posted at 7-19 04:03
https://youtu.be/hI0jho8sYLI

I admit this is about as exciting as watching paint dry, but I'm simply demonstrating slow and fast movements of the gimbal using only the joystick (and a couple of other things).  To get the best out of it, you have to practice and work out the best way of achieving the most delicate control.  For instance, for pans, I have subsequently found that for me, it's best to place my thumb horizontally across the joystick, rather than trying to do it vertically with clumsy movements of the lowest thumb joint.  YMMV.

Good job all looks pretty smooth.
2019-7-21
Use props
Vjah
lvl.2
France

I’ve never ordered things online from DJI (normally buy in store). How long does it usually take them to send stuff? Are they fast/slow?

I've ordered the case on July 16 from France and it arrived today (22)
2019-7-22
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules