Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin-SC Comprehensive Camera & Lens Compatibility Testing
123Next >
202639 117 2019-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Airtherapy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13937 ft
Latvia

Hello, how about sony a7m3 + 55 1.8 and RODE microphone? i try, but i get balance resulte only GOOD!

video very shaky.
2019-7-29
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Great thread! Very useful
2019-7-29
Use props
Tony Cheung
New

United States

How about the Panasonic GX9 camera? Is it also supported? Thank you.
2019-7-30
Use props
boerst312
lvl.1
United States

Just got mine and i can't get it balanced with my a73 and FE 16-35mm f2.8 GM and can't get it balanced. the front is too heavy and theres not enough space. in the examples the mounting plate is flush with the camera. theres now way to get that far back with the plate they give you
2019-7-31
Use props
boerst312
lvl.1
United States

boerst312 Posted at 7-31 05:27
Just got mine and i can't get it balanced with my a73 and FE 16-35mm f2.8 GM and can't get it balanced. the front is too heavy and theres not enough space. in the examples the mounting plate is flush with the camera. theres now way to get that far back with the plate they give you

TIP... IFor a while i couldn't get the 16-35 or my Rokinon prime lenses to balance on the tilt. it just seemed like there wasn't enough room to go back to compensate for the bigger lens. I called dji and their advice is to buy 3rd party counter weights as they are still working on their own.

I found a quick fix, if you put your mounting plate on backwards it gives you that extra small amount of space you need to balance (if its close). DJI can quickly fix this issue by having a mounting plate with a longer slot.

Hope this helps anyone who was stuck like me
2019-7-31
Use props
fansde1a6f49
lvl.1

Israel

Sony 24 mm  f1/4 and sony a6500? Thank you
2019-7-31
Use props
janhsl
New
Netherlands

Hello , somebody knows if you can fix an sony A7III  with a lens sigma 50mm f/1.4 dg hsm art Sony on the Ronin-SC it's not on the compatible list. But the sony lens FE 85mm F1.4 GM is on this list and is just 20 gram more heavy than the Sigma 50 mm. I have problems to balance the gimbal. Somebody can gif a good advice or do I have to buy the Ronin-S
2019-7-31
Use props
fans95d36e78
lvl.2
Flight distance : 69203 ft
United States

Shervin Koushan Posted at 7-22 06:32
Sony A7 M3 + 24-105 f4. You claim that it works, but Brandon Li's video states otherwise

Out of all my sony telephoto lense the 24-105 is the only one I can undersling (without eye cup)
2019-7-31
Use props
janhsl
New
Netherlands

boerst312 Posted at 7-31 07:20
TIP... IFor a while i couldn't get the 16-35 or my Rokinon prime lenses to balance on the tilt. it just seemed like there wasn't enough room to go back to compensate for the bigger lens. I called dji and their advice is to buy 3rd party counter weights as they are still working on their own.

I found a quick fix, if you put your mounting plate on backwards it gives you that extra small amount of space you need to balance (if its close). DJI can quickly fix this issue by having a mounting plate with a longer slot.

Do you mean to put the slider backwards? because I have the same problem with my A7III with sigma lens 50 MM 1.4.  Could not balance...But together camera+lens is less then 1,5 kilo so I tought it would be no problem.
2019-8-1
Use props
Shervin Koushan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196037 ft
Norway

fans95d36e78 Posted at 7-31 18:29
Out of all my sony telephoto lense the 24-105 is the only one I can undersling (without eye cup)

Interesting, thanks! Would you say it is working perfectly? No jitters?
2019-8-1
Use props
exSnake
lvl.2
Flight distance : 100965 ft
  • >>>
Italy

sense Posted at 7-26 12:32
DJI this is a joke!!!
After endless hours of testing I can really say, that the Sony A7III + 2470GM is NOT working! You are fooling your customers!

Like i said...

here is the video where i tried to balance it:

2019-8-1
Use props
m.hertenberger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 591650 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Terrance Lam Posted at 7-25 11:28
Balanced, tested and worked great with my Fujifilm XT-3 with the following two lenses.

80mm F/2.8 Macro (with lens support)

Would you mind sharing settings you make on the camera? I am unable to get past the SC doing anything more than focusing when I press the record button, but no photo or video is ever taken. I have tried a variety of combinations of camera connection/tethering settings to no avail...
2019-8-1
Use props
Kinematic Digit
lvl.2
Canada

m.hertenberger Posted at 8-1 17:58
Would you mind sharing settings you make on the camera? I am unable to get past the SC doing anything more than focusing when I press the record button, but no photo or video is ever taken. I have tried a variety of combinations of camera connection/tethering settings to no avail...

Yeah you have to do it in a set order, and it only gives you photo control with the red button. There is no video control (this is mentioned in the Camera Compatibility document).

You must have the camera off before powering up the gimbal. Once it is powered up, plug it in and calibrate it. Then turn on the camera. The red button will then control photo functions. If you want to change photo functions, you need put the gimbal to sleep by hitting the M button once. The motors should relax and give you camera control. Press M again and it should wake the gimbal. If it does not work, then turn off the camera and turn it back on. The camera sleeping can also cause it to fail.

DJI as far as I know is still working on this, and it’s only a partial implementation of compatibility. If you want to do video do not run it with the cord. You’ll have to either use the app to turn on the video or hit the button on the camera on your own. There is no Video support at this time.
2019-8-2
Use props
fans15fd610e
New
Indonesia

is anyone trying to use sony a6000 (kit lens) with DJI Ronin SC ? is the record button works through connected cable ?
or maybe with panasonic lumix g85 ?
2019-8-4
Use props
Wavy Boats
lvl.1

United States

So can I use the Sony rx10 iv with the Ronin Sc now? if not, is there any indication that I ever will be able too?
2019-8-4
Use props
deejayyves
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15046 ft
Belgium

DJI please also give the axis settings of all these camera-lens(-phone mount/focus motor) combinations (cm on each axis would be a good starting point to do the balancing)
2019-8-5
Use props
deejayyves
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15046 ft
Belgium

boerst312 Posted at 7-31 07:20
TIP... IFor a while i couldn't get the 16-35 or my Rokinon prime lenses to balance on the tilt. it just seemed like there wasn't enough room to go back to compensate for the bigger lens. I called dji and their advice is to buy 3rd party counter weights as they are still working on their own.

I found a quick fix, if you put your mounting plate on backwards it gives you that extra small amount of space you need to balance (if its close). DJI can quickly fix this issue by having a mounting plate with a longer slot.

Your quick fix: no lens support then in this set-up?
2019-8-5
Use props
Jake Chua
lvl.1

Singapore

How about the A7iii with the Sigma Art 24mm 1.4?
Trying to hold off on the doubly expensive 24mm GM.
2019-8-5
Use props
jimmykjimmy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 179836 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not the Canon EOS 50 as shown on another list. Tried it several times, no go
2019-8-6
Use props
Jake Chua
lvl.1

Singapore

exSnake Posted at 8-1 15:09
Like i said...

here is the video where i tried to balance it:

Try using only 1 screw on the mounting plate. I got my 35mm Sigma Art to balance that way.
2019-8-7
Use props
Andrew Likeness
New

Austria

A7M3 + FE 24-105mm f4 G OSS Lens dosnt work. Lens to long and heavy. The motors are constantly switched off! No working with it possible. Although it is listed as Compatible! What do I do now?
2019-8-8
Use props
photocalifa
New

Malaysia

For EOS RP + RF 35mm F1.8?
2019-8-8
Use props
Jake Chua
lvl.1

Singapore

Andrew Likeness Posted at 8-8 10:47
A7M3 + FE 24-105mm f4 G OSS Lens dosnt work. Lens to long and heavy. The motors are constantly switched off! No working with it possible. Although it is listed as Compatible! What do I do now?

Try only 1 screw to push your mounting plate all the way back. Use the riser too. It works as a counterbalance.

Don't forget to use the auto tune function in the app as well, otherwise your gimbal won't work, regardless of setup.
2019-8-8
Use props
beastyuk
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I can tell you the 80d works perfect with 24 105 f4l and more watch my 2 part youtube review thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoE782TslyI%5B/url%5D]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoE782TslyI[/url][/url]
2019-8-9
Use props
Andrew Likeness
New

Austria

beastyuk Posted at 8-9 00:40
I can tell you the 80d works perfect with 24 105 f4l and more watch my 2 part youtube review thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoE782TslyI%5B/url%5D]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoE782TslyI[/url][/url]

Yes was my fail with the calibration!
2019-8-9
Use props
Messiahs
lvl.1
Austria

The Sony 105mm f4 G OSS Lens works with A7iii, only the Flishlight Mode is not possible. Becouse the frame from the Camera is conracting the gimbal :-(  can not say anything more, because I have only had the gimbal since yesterday!
2019-8-9
Use props
greenscreen20
New

Singapore

Anyone know if it could work with a Zeiss 35mm 1.4 Distagon lens??  I am working with A7S 2 with this lens, it's below the weight limit but I want to know if it hits the motor on the back when rotating.

2019-8-10
Use props
greenscreen20
New

Singapore

Messiahs Posted at 8-9 02:27
The Sony 105mm f4 G OSS Lens works with A7iii, only the Flishlight Mode is not possible. Becouse the frame from the Camera is conracting the gimbal :-(  can not say anything more, because I have only had the gimbal since yesterday!

Can you try using counter-weights to see if that gives it space to use flashlight mode?
2019-8-10
Use props
Messiahs
lvl.1
Austria

greenscreen20 Posted at 8-10 02:54
Can you try using counter-weights to see if that gives it space to use flashlight mode?

Hi greenscreen20!
Where can I get such weights? I can test it for you!
2019-8-10
Use props
Messiahs
lvl.1
Austria

Messiahs Posted at 8-10 12:12
Hi greenscreen20!

2019-8-10
Use props
djiuser_UWYyzUny3y1T
New

United States

Hi.. Sony A7RII is not connecting to Ronin SC. I have set the USB connection to PC Remote and also Remote Control is on. Cable I used is Multi to Sony. Any help, please?
2019-8-13
Use props
MRomine
lvl.4
Flight distance : 850971 ft
United States

What is an A7MIII? Is that just another name for A7RIII
2019-8-15
Use props
m-sahin
lvl.1

Turkey

Anyone tried on RX10 IV?
2019-8-17
Use props
Abraham Reyes
lvl.4
Flight distance : 109951 ft
  • >>>
United States

MRomine Posted at 8-15 19:31

alpha 7 model 3
2019-8-19
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 618734 ft
  • >>>
Australia

MRomine Posted at 8-15 19:31

Mark 3. 3rd generation A7 'basic' version. not S (Shooters-Videocentric) not R (Resolution centric)
2019-8-23
Use props
milkod2001
New
Ireland

It works quite well with A7III and Batis 25.

2 issues:
1) im not sure if that's even possible. I'd like to have CS connected to smartphone but not only for active tracking but also for regular shooting so smartphone be like external monitor.
Anybody knows how to get this working?

2) I’ll like to select Lock mode in one of the M settings. If you go through options
on mobile settings it is not there. So i can only use lock mode if i physically  hold
front button on gimbal itself.Anybody got solution to this?
2019-8-26
Use props
milkod2001
New
Ireland

''DJI this is a joke!!!
After endless hours of testing I can really say, that the Sony A7III + 2470GM is NOT working! You are fooling your customers!'''
@sense

You are really that surprised? Ronin SC is meant for small setups. 24-70GM is monster lens. You need Ronin S, SC bigger brother for that.
There is like 20 youtube videos about SC all saying you need bigger gimbal for heavy lenses. Did you just blindly bought SC without doing any research?

2019-8-26
Use props
TalkNoJutsu
lvl.1
Australia

I just tested and it works with my Sony RX100 M4. Haven't tested with the phone tracking though.
2019-8-26
Use props
djiuser_dzi6VQ311vuP
New
Russia

My m50 freeze when it’s connect to ronin sc
2019-8-27
Use props
Coojeebear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 572484 ft
United Kingdom

I'm still on the fence for an SC.

But what's the point of the videos? They don't show clearance.
2019-8-28
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules