Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What are your thoughts on the Extention Rod?
3245 57 2019-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfe82067d
Captain
Australia

Look for the arrow inside the phone holder.
2019-8-6
Use props
romeotango
lvl.4
Flight distance : 64127 ft
Singapore

fansfe82067d Posted at 8-6 01:17
Look for the arrow inside the phone holder.

Thanks fansfe82067d
2019-8-6
Use props
fans600d5fd4
New

United States

Hmm. I think I got a defective model. My Osmo Pocket has the most recent firmware. My Extension Rod will only work with my Pocket if I manually power it on before attaching. And it works sporadically after that. The one thing that seems to make it stop working consistently is attaching the WiFi module. But the Rod is flaky with or without. Very disappointed. Will returning it to DJI where I got it meaning shipping back to China.
2019-8-10
Use props
fansfe82067d
Captain
Australia

Try leaving the Pocket connected to the rod for an hour or two to ensure the rod is fully charged.
2019-8-10
Use props
ChrisJG
Captain
Flight distance : 713678 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just starting to use mine. It’s lightweight, and seems well built, thought the hinge and locking mechanism are going to get a lot of use.  It would be great if there was a charging port, and I think that the wireless charging module is a ‘must have’ accessory too. But very pleased so far. Am trialling mine on a tripod taking a time lapse at this very moment in the Churchyard of Wmyondham Abbey!

Wym Abbey timelapse

Wym Abbey timelapse
2019-8-11
Use props
ChrisJG
Captain
Flight distance : 713678 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_SGtX4I7iJci7 Posted at 7-17 23:08
That shipping cost is an absolute joke. Total rip-off. I ended up buying the accessories pack from Wex as they do free shipping.  I want the extension rod and waterproof case but I refuse to pay  nearly 14% on top for shipping so I’ll wait until Amazon or Wex have it with free delivery.

Think if you spend £100 the DPD delivery is free, I purchased mine with the extension pack (the wireless module makes the OP so much easier to control) and wasn’t charged for shipping.
2019-8-11
Use props
David Martin Graff
Captain
Flight distance : 38060446 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think the extension rod is a net positive and I'd prefer it to not having one given it increases the range and use by providing more productivity with the Osmo Pocket..
2019-8-11
Use props
Oh-no
Second Officer

Finally got mine (extension rod) at a retail shop, build quality is good, control is good (joystick is speed responsive) , but as I said before, if you use a cable to connect OP to the phone for live view, then you cannot not use external mic(s), and to avoid wind noise from the internal mics, I take Dave's advise, use a normal microphone foam windshild to cover the lower part of the OP.

The clip to the OP has a cold shoe, so if we need serious audio, can attach a mic to it and take the recording with a digital recorder. (though it is not a perfect design by DJI)

P.S. there is a gap between the clip holder to the OP, that said, seems the upper internal mic is not covered.
2019-9-13
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Captain

Nice to see you on the forum again Oh-no.
Glad you are enjoying your new purchase.
2019-9-13
Use props
Oh-no
Second Officer

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 9-13 15:21
Nice to see you on the forum again Oh-no.
Glad you are enjoying your new purchase.

Thank you Ray, I am still alive , we are at  special stage in HK .......
2019-9-13
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Captain

Oh-no Posted at 9-13 20:58

Yes, it's getting a lot of coverage here in the UK. Take care, my friend and good luck.
2019-9-14
Use props
Curt1591
Captain

Oh-no Posted at 9-13 20:58

Surprising you have internet.
2019-9-14
Use props
Oh-no
Second Officer

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 9-14 00:13
Yes, it's getting a lot of coverage here in the UK. Take care, my friend and good luck.

Thank you my friend :-)
2019-9-14
Use props
Oh-no
Second Officer

Curt1591 Posted at 9-14 00:52
Surprising you have internet.

Without internet, DJI product cannot work
2019-9-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 6059744 ft
  • >>>

Oh-no Posted at 9-13 12:26
Finally got mine (extension rod) at a retail shop, build quality is good, control is good (joystick is speed responsive) , but as I said before, if you use a cable to connect OP to the phone for live view, then you cannot not use external mic(s), and to avoid wind noise from the internal mics, I take Dave's advise, use a normal microphone foam windshild to cover the lower part of the OP.

For me it’s the best accessory for Osmo pocket just get tripod legs for it and it’s perfect . Good luck and enjoy .
2019-9-14
Use props
The_Pedro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 155292 ft

It's interesting. But without some insurance that it will also work with future Osmo Pocket products it seems a risky investment to me. (I'm guessing that when the OP battery eventually dies it will be easier/better to just upgrade it)
2019-9-14
Use props
Oh-no
Second Officer

The_Pedro Posted at 9-14 04:51
It's interesting. But without some insurance that it will also work with future Osmo Pocket products it seems a risky investment to me. (I'm guessing that when the OP battery eventually dies it will be easier/better to just upgrade it)

Agreed with you, but the price of it according to the function and quality it provided, it is not too expensive.

Wish the next OP with the same body size and phone slot, only with a longer body equiped with audio input and a slighty larger lens.
2019-9-14
Use props
The_Pedro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 155292 ft

Oh-no Posted at 9-14 04:53
Agreed with you, but the price of it according to the function and quality it provided, it is not too expensive.

Wish the next OP with the same body size and phone slot, only with a longer body equiped with audio input and a slighty larger lens.

I agree with you as well, even though it's expensive (when compared to a cheap plastic selfie stick) the price does seem fair for everything the extension rod provides. If I had the need for it I would definitely get it. I've only started playing with these small cameras recently, so I rather get a few universal accessories first.
2019-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules