Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Emma
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5635279 ft
  • >>>
France

Hello to All ,

I have a problem with the signal in the Smart ~ Controler !

On the same spot i can fly my bird no mor then 500 m after inpossible to do more ? i try with the standar remote i arrive to more then 1200 m ( i can more )  ?

The test was on the same place , same moment ! !

This probleme arrive to other persone ?

Do someone have a idea ?

sorry for my english french

E.
2019-7-15
Use props
Marty Markoe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

See page 12 of the SC manual for adjusting the antenna for Optimum Transmission Range.
2019-7-16
Use props
Robert McKinney
New

Philippines

Make sure your controller is pointed at your Drone. As an example, if your Drone is at 3 o'clock and your controller is pointed at 1 o'clock you will probably have connection problems at some point.
2019-7-16
Use props
rbtmckny
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8001404 ft
Philippines

Make sure your antenna are lined up with the general location of the Drone. Always face your Drone.
2019-7-16
Use props
Dronie2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1336365 ft
Spain

I have been able to fly mine up to more than 2.5 km surrounded by mountains and trees until I lost the signal (M2Pro and SC)

Make sure of the position of the antennas, as they tell you...
2019-7-16
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have heard the Smart Controller does not generally transmit as far as the standard controller.
2019-7-16
Use props
Emma
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Hello ,

I put the antenna on the way of the drone, but I can tell you that the range is a big problem.
Depends of the spot .
I successfully fly more then 3000 m with the smart but still the range with the normal controller is bigger , did someone try or have the same problems?
Thx
2019-7-17
Use props
Emma
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

David Martin Graff Posted at 7-16 12:23
I have heard the Smart Controller does not generally transmit as far as the standard controller.

Hello David ,

Yes it's a very big problem ( in Europe )  , I hope that dji will correct this pls .
2019-7-17
Use props
Emma
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Marty Markoe Posted at 7-16 03:06
See page 12 of the SC manual for adjusting the antenna for Optimum Transmission Range.

I put the antenna on the way of the drone, but I can tell you that the range is a big problem.
Depends of the spot .
I successfully fly more then 3000 m with the smart but still the range with the normal controller is bigger , did someone try or have the same problems?
Thx
2019-7-17
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Emma Posted at 7-17 22:33
Hello David ,

Yes it's a very big problem ( in Europe )  , I hope that dji will correct this pls .

Yes the standard controller is able to transmit up to 4.3/5.0 miles or more and the smart controller I heard cannot reach more than a couple of miles.
2019-7-18
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

David Martin Graff Posted at 7-18 04:03
Yes the standard controller is able to transmit up to 4.3/5.0 miles or more and the smart controller I heard cannot reach more than a couple of miles.

Which is about as far as one should fly generally, if that's already not too far.
2019-7-18
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ff22 Posted at 7-18 06:02
Which is about as far as one should fly generally, if that's already not too far.

My buddy was in the Serengeti in Tanzania, East Africa and needed to go 3 miles+ to find and record lions. DJI drones are huge for safari in Africa and there's need to go as far as you can to find and tell the guide where you want him/her to drive you in order to see wildlife.

These days are far different than when I took my pilgrimage to Africa for Safari back in 2002 when digital cameras were just coming out, let alone drones.  
2019-7-18
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The max range in CE areas with the standard M2 controller is 5KM but 4KM with the Smart Controller - the lesser range will obviously mean a weaker signal on the SC but perfectly effective for flying in VLOS.
2019-7-18
Use props
Emma
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

A J Posted at 7-18 09:20
The max range in CE areas with the standard M2 controller is 5KM but 4KM with the Smart Controller - the lesser range will obviously mean a weaker signal on the SC but perfectly effective for flying in VLOS.

hello again ,

I really now the range perfectly thx  , I just sayd that the range of the of the smart control is very less then the standard remote , the problem is for me only ?

Many Thx to all
2019-7-18
Use props
Lex_Luchor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98179 ft
Spain

A J Posted at 7-18 09:20
The max range in CE areas with the standard M2 controller is 5KM but 4KM with the Smart Controller - the lesser range will obviously mean a weaker signal on the SC but perfectly effective for flying in VLOS.

Would it be possible to correct this through a firmware update? I find it incredible that a control that costs 400 USD more has less range.
2019-7-23
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lex_Luchor Posted at 7-23 02:47
Would it be possible to correct this through a firmware update? I find it incredible that a control that costs 400 USD more has less range.

Not sure - DJI will need to answer that one
2019-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules