Finally the Osmo Pocket Waterproof case is now in stock
4990 12 2019-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hunter SS
lvl.4
Hong Kong

The Waterproof case for the Osmo Pocket is now in stock, US$ 49.As we can see, it doesn't look like it was shown before. Covered by black opaque plastic, except for the part of the screen.
Here is the link to the store: https://store.dji.com/product/osmo-pocket-waterproof-case
medium_cd48556a-43ef-4d23-8c94-e0b0f3261dd5.jpg
(What it looks like now)

dji-osmo-pocket_waterproof-housing_yf27y73eqg3772ey828y.jpg
(What it looks like before)

In the latest firmware, we can see there is a 'Waterproof Mode' for the New Waterproof case. If you turn the mode on, the Osmo pocket will fix it's angle while avoiding unwanted movements. Otherwise, you're going to take a black edge in other modes.

I will share some points, just for your information.

Cons:

1# After you put your Osmo Pocket into the Waterproof case, the little screen in below will not work anymore. You can only click the right side button, which convenient for you to switch the shooting mode. So you have to take a lot of pics or videos, because you can't check your work under water.

2# Cannot selfie. Means you can't see yourself through the little screen while you are using the waterproof mode.

3# You have to move your smartphone adapter out before you put your Osmo Pocket into the case. It is not a big deal, but I think it is not very convenient, and you might lost your little adapter.

Pros:

1# Supports water resistance at depths of up to 60 m, Which means we can take the Osmo Pocket into the pool or sea, and In ordinary diving. There is no need to worry about the deep-sea environment's pressure.

2# The anti-fog lens effectively prevents the case from fogging up. So we needn't worry about the fog caused by the temperature difference. (But we only have 3 Osmo Pocket Anti-Fog Inserts, and we don't know if we can recycle them, or we have to buy some new).

3# It's is very tiny(Only 110g) and comfortable to hold it. The ergonomic design enables users to work a long time without fatigue.

4# You can use the Waterproof case with some third party products.

Overall:
I think it is a good product. For someone who already has Osmo Pocket and wants to take photos or video underwater, you needn't worry about the pressure of the water.
The price is not high, you can get one if you want.
2019-7-16
Use props
djiuser_SGtX4I7iJci7
lvl.3
United Kingdom

When you say ‘fix its angle  while avoiding unwanted movements ‘  do you mean there is limited gimbal movement / stabilisation?  Will there be any benefits to using it underwater as opposed to something like a GoPro or even the OA?  (I’ve got a GP Hero5 but would prefer the stabilisation that the OP in a waterproof case should offer)

2019-7-16
Use props
Hunter SS
lvl.4
Hong Kong

djiuser_SGtX4I7iJci7 Posted at 7-16 00:54
When you say ‘fix its angle  while avoiding unwanted movements ‘  do you mean there is limited gimbal movement / stabilisation?  Will there be any benefits to using it underwater as opposed to something like a GoPro or even the OA?  (I’ve got a GP Hero5 but would prefer the stabilisation that the OP in a waterproof case should offer)

Well, it means it only has one angle, will not move when you turn on the Waterproof mode, kind like the FPV mode.
2019-7-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Hunter SS. Thank you for this review and sharing this information with us regarding the availability of the DJI Osmo Pocket waterproof case. Great work and thank you for your valued support.
2019-7-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the update!
2019-7-16
Use props
Hunter SS
lvl.4
Hong Kong

Montfrooij Posted at 7-16 10:13
Thanks for the update!

You are welcome, Montfrooij
2019-7-16
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks like a handy bit of kit
2019-7-17
Use props
Hunter SS
lvl.4
Hong Kong

A J Posted at 7-17 00:17
Looks like a handy bit of kit

Do agree with that, but quite not that convinient, you have to move the  smartphone adapter out before you put the OP into the case. You have a certain chance of losing your adapter.
2019-7-18
Use props
WayneMHK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 694728 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hunter SS Posted at 7-18 03:28
Do agree with that, but quite not that convinient, you have to move the  smartphone adapter out before you put the OP into the case. You have a certain chance of losing your adapter.

"You have a certain chance of losing your adapter." - That's inherent with this design no matter what.  I know for a fact that I'm going to lose that gizmo at some point.
2019-7-18
Use props
fanseba42e89
lvl.3
Flight distance : 249213 ft
United Kingdom

What do you think about trying to get it back out? You have to pretty much pull on the gimbal which can’t be good for it.
2019-7-18
Use props
Hunter SS
lvl.4
Hong Kong

WayneMHK Posted at 7-18 10:21
"You have a certain chance of losing your adapter." - That's inherent with this design no matter what.  I know for a fact that I'm going to lose that gizmo at some point.

Yeah, so I take it very carefully.
2019-7-23
Use props
Hunter SS
lvl.4
Hong Kong

fanseba42e89 Posted at 7-18 11:55
What do you think about trying to get it back out? You have to pretty much pull on the gimbal which can’t be good for it.

That's a point, but fortunately, its fuselage will reveal part of it above the case, so I can get it back out easily without hurt the gimbal.
2019-7-23
Use props
fans941afd7a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 121604 ft
France

hello. I just bought this case and I have 2 question.
1 - how do you put the antifoam insert ?
2- it is hard to pull off the Osmo pocket from the case. Is there any tip to do it easily ?
thanks.
2019-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules