Improvements
938 7 2019-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ralphhuttonthompson
lvl.3
Flight distance : 666188 ft
Canada

As an owner of a Phantom 0 (2012), 2x inspire 1 pros & now a Mavic 2 Pro with Smart Controller, I’m blown away by DJI’s technology improvements but also baffled by some seemingly trivial & frustrating limitations as follows;
1 - we should be able to customize the controls more, eg yaw the gimbal with the RHS dial, centre the gimbal in yaw with C1 &/or C2 (without the 90 pitch down). These are fundamental & necessary for smooth filming where u pitch and yaw at the same time.
2 - make the Waypoints feature more advanced (l’ve used Autoflight Autopilot with the Inspire for 3 years, it gives the Inspire a whole new dimension)
3 - the SmartController has some very weird characteristics, the camera settings are “sticky”, it’s really hard to change an aperture or shutter speed, the settings stick then suddenly move way beyond the desired value.
      -  Also the Go 4 app sometimes shuts down for no apparent reason and has to be reopened.
      - DJI seems reluctant to support third party Apps such as Litchi. Why is this, the DJI Apps are so basic and interior, the third party Apps add so much more value to the product.
4 - the camera/gimbals are amazing but why not allow the zoom & hassablad to be interchangeable the way that the Inspire camera/gimbal is attached, most people would buy the extra camera

Anyway over and above these frustrations, the Mavic 2Pro is an amazing product, thank you DJI.
2019-7-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Ralphhuttonthompson. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. I will forward these thread and these valued information that you have provided us today to our DJI designated department for further development of DJI. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests and information will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-7-16
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree with you and yes, the Mavic 2 Pro is an amazing product.
2019-7-16
Use props
Mullheliflier
First Officer
Flight distance : 12305135 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good suggestions. I agree with you. Maybe if enough of us ask DJI will help us out.
2019-7-16
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

You can get Litchi for the SC via the Amazon store.

Make sure you are not either hitting the BACK Button next to the Left Stick or hitting the screen option to return to Initial DJI Go intro.
2019-7-16
Use props
Ralphhuttonthompson
lvl.3
Canada

Ff22, yes I did download Litchi and the small test I did worked well (it’s not Autopilot but way ahead of Waypoints 2.0). However I was rather concerned when I reviewed the logs and saw multiple dropped data, more than I’ve ever seen, in the order of 50 to 60. I look at this in Airdata under Sensor/Signal Map. If it was having that much problem with data the presumably it was also struggling with the control link. My max distance was about 50 feet with clear LOS. With the Go 4 app I get virtually no dropped data, thumbs up to Ocusync. Now I may not have closed the Go 4 App but I’m pretty sure I did. I queried it with DJI and was very disappointed with the persons attitude, simply “ DJI does not support Litchi”
2019-7-16
Use props
Ralphhuttonthompson
lvl.3
Canada

Your right about the Back button, it’s easy to touch by accident but I’m pretty sure that’s not always the reason it drops out of the Go 4
2019-7-16
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Thanks for sharing the suggestions
2019-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules