Waterproof case with room for wireless module???
1255 7 2019-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NorthTXAerials
lvl.2
Flight distance : 865433 ft
United States

So I'm a bit disappointed with everything I'm seeing for the waterproof options. I was kinda hoping there would be room for a wireless module as it would be cool to be able to attach this to a rod underneath a boat and control it from the iPad above... Anything out there that's offering the option to use the Osmo Pocket underwater with the wireless module?
2019-7-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're sorry that the wireless module can't be used while using the waterproof case as this accessory may not produce wi-fi signal while in the water and some other devices are not waterproof as well. We do appreciate your understanding.
2019-7-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Might be possible with OA but depth limit .
2019-7-16
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Don't know about the latest incarnations, but my GoPro 4 wifi can't work in water. I would imagine the water blocks such signals.
2019-7-16
Use props
NorthTXAerials
lvl.2
United States

Well, truth be told I don’t intend to use it underwater... or at least not heavily - like if it was raining or splashing, so the WiFi would work if there was room.
2019-7-18
Use props
Oh-no
lvl.4
Hong Kong

You need submarine technology if you want wireless under water.
2019-7-18
Use props
NorthTXAerials
lvl.2
United States

Oh-no Posted at 7-18 08:58
You need submarine technology if you want wireless under water.

Yeah, but in this case it  would work for my application if it was an option...
2019-7-18
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

If by underneath you mean UW, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi don’t work in liquids. I could see the WiFi module in a waterproof case useful for extreme sports or filming in bad conditions.
2019-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules