Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P4R SDK Remote Controller Released
7209 34 2019-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jivago
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23671 ft
Iran

Watch this link and become happy because finally DJI decided to open the Gate!

https://enterprise.dji.com/news/detail/dji-standard-remote-controller-for-phantom-4-rtk
2019-7-17
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1093865 ft
  • >>>
United States

That will be handy. They should have just sold it with the Cendence & removable CrystalSky for the best of both worlds.
2019-7-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing this great information to our valued DJI Forum members. Cheers!
2019-7-17
Use props
Knertiz
lvl.2
Norway

Can't wait, the software we are stuck with now lack a few key features imo
2019-7-20
Use props
MTCWBY
lvl.3

United States

Do you know if this controller is actually available yet and where to purchase one?
2019-7-22
Use props
DJI4Survey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6484478 ft
Australia

We got a quote in Aus for around $1k, and a 2-3 week lag.
2019-7-22
Use props
djiuser_GT9KU60m7veB
New

Chile

Hello,
I just purchased a Phantom 4 RTK and a separate Phantom 4 RTK SDK Controller. However, I am unable to link the drone to the remote controller, even after updating both firmwares and following the instructions to pair without using an app (C1+C2+Camera button on controller).

The blue led and beeping do appear on the controller, and the linking LED starts blinking after I press it. However, after many attemps, they don't seem to pair.

Any suggestions?
2019-7-24
Use props
DJI4Survey
lvl.4
Australia

bump.  Anyone have an update on whether this actually works as it is designed to?
2019-8-5
Use props
CoastalCapt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 192343 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just wait, this remote will be well worth it once Drone Deploy, Pix4D, and the others get their software in order and we can all fly the P4RTK with our tablets!
2019-8-7
Use props
DJI4Survey
lvl.4
Australia

We are ordering one in the hopes that it can be made to work.  Have a money back guarantee from our supplier if it doesn't do what it says it should.

Fingerscrossed.
2019-8-7
Use props
StraightArrow10
lvl.2
United States

DJI4Survey Posted at 8-7 13:03
We are ordering one in the hopes that it can be made to work.  Have a money back guarantee from our supplier if it doesn't do what it says it should.

Fingerscrossed.

Excited to hear how it works out! Keep us posted
2019-8-7
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

CoastalCapt Posted at 8-7 11:00
Just wait, this remote will be well worth it once Drone Deploy, Pix4D, and the others get their software in order and we can all fly the P4RTK with our tablets!

Yeah, except nobody can get it to connect to their aircraft yet...
2019-8-7
Use props
DJI4Survey
lvl.4
Australia

Official word from DJI Support.  We have our SDK on order, so will start with trying DJI Pilot and let you know. If we can connect of course.....
2019-8-14
Use props
Modestos
lvl.1
Israel

Hi ,
Do any one succeeded to link the Phantom 4 RTK SDK remote conroller with the Phantom 4 RTK that have the Controller with built in LCD ?
If yes , how can I do it ? I think I tried all the ways but not succeeded.
Thanks
2019-8-21
Use props
jivago
lvl.4
Iran

Modestos Posted at 8-21 03:20
Hi ,
Do any one succeeded to link the Phantom 4 RTK SDK remote conroller with the Phantom 4 RTK that have the Controller with built in LCD ?
If yes , how can I do it ? I think I tried all the ways but not succeeded.

Hi

Please see to topic https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =190986&pid=1942115
2019-8-26
Use props
DJI4Survey
lvl.4
Australia

Hey Jivago,

Running a decent trial on the SDK controller over the next few days, so will update on the success.

Cheers,
2019-8-26
Use props
josh2104
lvl.1

United States

Can I connect my RTK with one of my Inspire 2 remotes and then be able to use the Crystal Sky screen?
2019-8-27
Use props
jivago
lvl.4
Iran

josh2104 Posted at 8-27 09:43
Can I connect my RTK with one of my Inspire 2 remotes and then be able to use the Crystal Sky screen?

I think because of OcuSync system used in P4RTK, you can not use Inspire2 RC for P4RTK.
2019-8-28
Use props
fansaf92726b
lvl.3

DJI4Survey Posted at 8-26 13:06
Hey Jivago,

Running a decent trial on the SDK controller over the next few days, so will update on the success.

How did you manage to connect the RC to the P4R?
2019-9-2
Use props
josh2104
lvl.1

jivago Posted at 8-28 01:18
I think because of OcuSync system used in P4RTK, you can not use Inspire2 RC for P4RTK.

Just wish that I could attach me CrystalSky monitor to my RTK. Don't like the small screen. The company that I work for wants us to submit flight logs every time that we flight, so with P4P and the Inspire I can use Airdata to get the flight information that they want to see. With the RTK I can't get the same info because I can't add Airdata to the monitor that the RTK uses.
2019-9-3
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
  • >>>

josh2104 Posted at 9-3 11:15
Just wish that I could attach me CrystalSky monitor to my RTK. Don't like the small screen. The company that I work for wants us to submit flight logs every time that we flight, so with P4P and the Inspire I can use Airdata to get the flight information that they want to see. With the RTK I can't get the same info because I can't add Airdata to the monitor that the RTK uses.

Use DJI Assistant to extract flight logs from aircraft
(DAT files), then upload via the Upload page

https://airdata.com/supported-aircraft
2019-9-3
Use props
DJI4Survey
lvl.4

Hey guys,

Using GSPRO (I believe GSPRO is the only app that works with the SDK controller at the moment - Possibly DJI Pilot on android),

- Go to your settings (...)
- Select the controller.
-Start Linking.
- Press linking button on aircraft

From here you should be connected to the aircraft.  You will not have an RTK solution however.

- Select the satellite from the top menu.
- Select the correction solution that you want (we only use D-RTK base so that is the one I will focus on).
- Select D-RTK
- Select start linking.
- Press the Linking button on the D-RTK base when prompted.
- After it has linked to the base, press the linking button on the aircraft when prompted.
- Should be all connected.  Essentially the same process as GS RTK setup.  Not sure where everyone has been falling over with this.

On the base menu, you can 'edit' the base coordinates and save.  You will need to restart the aircraft.

Make sure you toggle on the RTK down the bottom of this panel.

Fixed and ready to fly.

We will still use the GS RTK option for our generally mapping, but will be using the GS Pro and SDK controller for our vertical mapping jobs.

Testing again tomorrow for accuracy and will let you know if there is any issues.

Cheers,
2019-9-3
Use props
DJI4Survey
lvl.4

Just an update on this for anyone still having issues linking.

I have successfully linked our SDK controller to multiple Phantom 4 RTK units with no issues.

PM me if you need any help.

Cheers,
2019-10-7
Use props
Skyveyor112
lvl.4
United States

DJI4Survey Posted at 10-7 22:48
Just an update on this for anyone still having issues linking.

I have successfully linked our SDK controller to multiple Phantom 4 RTK units with no issues.

DJI4Survey,

Thanks for the update.

Can you do anything differently with the SDK controller and GS PRO?  Or do we need to wait for a third party developer to get decent terrain following capabilities?
2019-11-6
Use props
DJI4Survey
lvl.4
Indonesia

Hey Skyveyor,

Nah, essentially it is the same GS Pro functionality, just able to use the RTK component.  Still haven't heard of any third party apps being made available.
2019-11-11
Use props
Skyveyor112
lvl.4
United States

DJI4Survey Posted at 11-11 19:35
Hey Skyveyor,

Nah, essentially it is the same GS Pro functionality, just able to use the RTK component.  Still haven't heard of any third party apps being made available.

DJI4Survey,

The latest release of Map Pilot claims to support the Phantom RTK.  We have used Map Pilot for years with P4P and are very happy with the App.

I don't have  an SDK remote controller yet, so I haven't had a chance to try Map Pilot with PRTK.  In one of my other posts, I attempt to make the case that the PRTK doesn't fly the correct relative altitude with GNSS and terrain awareness. I asked one of the Map Pilot tech support tech reps, if the Map Pilot app fixes this issuse. I haven't heard back. I also want to make sure I can easily connect to an NTRIP server from within the app. We have access to CORs and don't intend to use the DJI base station, so I haven't asked about Map Pilot compatibility with the DJI base.

Lastly, there was some chatter on their website about the app only being available to those who purchase the controller from drones made easy. Personally, i think that is a terrible business decision but not mine to make.  If you try Map Pilot, please share your thoughts.

Thanks,

Dave
2019-11-12
Use props
DJI4Survey
lvl.4
Indonesia

Interesting Dave.  I am currently on-site and won't have a chance to test this week.  But will attempt to run it on the SDK controller next week when back in the office.

I will let you know how it goes.  

Cheers,
Tim
2019-11-12
Use props
DJI4Survey
lvl.4
Indonesia

Brought a second SDK controller and cannot get this one to link at all.

Tried upgrading, downgrading firmware.  Still no dice.

Fun.
2019-11-15
Use props
fansaf92726b
lvl.3
Switzerland

Yes we had to send in our unit and they connected it somehow. Didn't tell us how though... Must be by far DJI's worst product ever...
2020-1-7
Use props
sputnik7
lvl.2
  • >>>
Spain

so is that the end of the DJI RTK SDK Controller ? No apps run on it so what can i do with it ?
2020-3-2
Use props
mstigler
lvl.1
Flight distance : 379869 ft
Germany

djiuser_GT9KU60m7veB Posted at 2019-7-24 10:14
Hello,
I just purchased a Phantom 4 RTK and a separate Phantom 4 RTK SDK Controller. However, I am unable to link the drone to the remote controller, even after updating both firmwares and following the instructions to pair without using an app (C1+C2+Camera button on controller).

I have the same Problem and search for an solution
2020-3-24
Use props
fansaf92726b
lvl.3
Switzerland

It's been another 9 months and still nothing has changed... Support still can't help us pair the drone and if it's paired, the SDK doesn't work properly. Support tickets by the SDK team are getting forgotten, no answers and of course no solution to this issue.
2020-8-26
Use props
Skyveyor112
lvl.4
United States

fansaf92726b Posted at 8-26 02:03
It's been another 9 months and still nothing has changed... Support still can't help us pair the drone and if it's paired, the SDK doesn't work properly. Support tickets by the SDK team are getting forgotten, no answers and of course no solution to this issue.

sadly this is pretty standard from DJI
2020-8-26
Use props
edgar.ortiz
New
Flight distance : 56490 ft

Australia

Hi Community DJI

I'm new, I got a P4RTK and I have just found some limitations. DJI support told me that the solution is a SDK remote controller without screen built. So I wanted to ask if these controller is really worth it ?

Kind regards,
Edgar Ortiz.
2021-5-6
Use props
jivago
lvl.4
Iran

I don't think so.

There are some limitations and defects in DJI Go for RTK but I hope one day may be fixed.
2021-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules