My OA 2nd gen.?
2344 25 2019-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 917087 ft
Italy

I noticed this diversity on my new second OA, did they update the cam chassis?
1FF2AF80-9A40-4FF0-BAAD-5EF07D599AEE.jpeg
2019-7-17
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

I would not be surprised. I guess the "air pressure balance hole (?)" is much bigger now? Have you noticed any other differences?
2019-7-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching out! We will coordinate this situation to our designated department to check if the Osmo Action has been re-designed. Thank you for your support.
2019-7-17
Use props
nilsonleow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136680 ft
Ukraine

Interesting to know all differences.
2019-7-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

My second one is also the same mmmmmmm !!!!
2019-7-18
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Turkey

hallmark007 Posted at 7-18 03:38
My second one is also the same mmmmmmm !!!!

Hallmark, do you recon that might be the reason your new unit came with that .02 firmware that could not be upgraded to .10? Maybe there are some changes inside as well...

PS: You were right on spot when you predicted that a new firmware might be around the corner, kudos for that

2019-7-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

CemAygun Posted at 7-18 03:52
Hallmark, do you recon that might be the reason your new unit came with that .02 firmware that could not be upgraded to .10? Maybe there are some changes inside as well...

PS: You were right on spot when you predicted that a new firmware might be around the corner, kudos for that

I suppose all we can do is speculate, and you could be right, it seems it’s now becoming a daily occurrence this power shut down, maybe they changed something in new FW to counter it, will be interesting to see if we continue to see this as much or at all with new FW .
2019-7-18
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is it a big difference?
2019-7-18
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Italy

in the new I noticed a higher maximum volume level!  but with little benefit because at the maximum volume certain higher tones tend to croak!
2019-7-18
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

EnricoBrun Posted at 7-18 15:22
in the new I noticed a higher maximum volume level!  but with little benefit because at the maximum volume certain higher tones tend to croak!

What about the LCD banding on the screen in the new one?
2019-7-18
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting.
2019-7-18
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 7-18 04:15
I suppose all we can do is speculate, and you could be right, it seems it’s now becoming a daily occurrence this power shut down, maybe they changed something in new FW to counter it, will be interesting to see if we continue to see this as much or at all with new FW .

Well, fingers crossed; I also hope it can be fixed by firmware. We will see soon enough
2019-7-18
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Italy

ff22 Posted at 7-18 15:36
What about the LCD banding on the screen in the new one?

there is still, but lighter .. I have seen 4 of them and all 4 of them are affected, it is a bit sad characteristic of these LCD Dji panels unfortunately
2019-7-19
Use props
El Diabolico
lvl.4

Germany

If that is 2nd gen then mine is too
2019-7-19
Use props
El Diabolico
lvl.4

Germany

CemAygun Posted at 7-17 04:27
I would not be surprised. I guess the "air pressure balance hole (?)" is much bigger now? Have you noticed any other differences?

You had 2 units failing on you. We’re those ’revised’ / “2nd gen” as shown in these photos?
2019-7-23
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Italy

El Diabolico Posted at 7-23 07:42
You had 2 units failing on you. We’re those ’revised’ / “2nd gen” as shown in these photos?

Are you talking about the problem of LCD Banding?
2019-7-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for waiting. I've verified this situation to our designated department and found out that we indeed improve and the hole has been increased for underwater purposes. Thank you for your support.
2019-7-23
Use props
QuadcopterGuide
lvl.4
Flight distance : 828904 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 7-23 09:30
Hi, thanks for waiting. I've verified this situation to our designated department and found out that we indeed improve and the hole has been increased for underwater purposes. Thank you for your support.

any other changes?
2019-7-23
Use props
El Diabolico
lvl.4

Germany

EnricoBrun Posted at 7-23 08:42
Are you talking about the problem of LCD Banding?

No, I believe he had 2 units that do not turn on. Perhaps DJI made another infamous ‘silent’ recall improving some faulty components.
2019-7-23
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Turkey

El Diabolico Posted at 7-23 07:42
You had 2 units failing on you. We’re those ’revised’ / “2nd gen” as shown in these photos?

Sorry for the late reply,

Yes I had two units failing, one halfway through it's first charge the second lasting slightly longer. They simply never turned back on (or charged for that matter).

I saw this post after sending them back, so I cannot tell which version they were. I assume they were the older version though, as they came with a very old (probably "Day 1") firmware...

I am curious whether there are any other changes in the new version, as quite a few units failed the same way in a short period of time.

By the way, I think the failures were because of a "bad batch", not a design flaw, but hard to be sure.

2019-7-23
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Turkey

El Diabolico Posted at 7-23 13:22
No, I believe he had 2 units that do not turn on. Perhaps DJI made another infamous ‘silent’ recall improving some faulty components.

I would not be surprised at all...
2019-7-23
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well spotted. I've had ongoing problems with firmware updates on two Osmo Actions, now both returned. They were both manufactured in April and both the same as your first camera.

I found one locally today that was manufactured in June (the date is beside serial number on box), which is the same as your second unit, so I am hoping third time lucky for me and that your hypothesis is correct; that there may be some improvement or modification internally as well as just the case :-)

I will be taking note of firmware before and after any updates.
2019-7-24
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

Aardvark Posted at 7-24 10:25
Well spotted. I've had ongoing problems with firmware updates on two Osmo Actions, now both returned. They were both manufactured in April and both the same as your first camera.

I found one locally today that was manufactured in June (the date is beside serial number on box), which is the same as your second unit, so I am hoping third time lucky for me and that your hypothesis is correct; that there may be some improvement or modification internally as well as just the case :-)

Well....  Good luck.  Third time's the charm or this side of the pond: "three strikes you're out!"

One has to wonder what else is updated or fixed?
2019-7-24
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ff22 Posted at 7-24 10:36
Well....  Good luck.  Third time's the charm or this side of the pond: "three strikes you're out!"

One has to wonder what else is updated or fixed?

Off to a good start here. The camera came with V01.03.0.02(6460) preloaded. I saw this after bypassing activation initially when powering up device. The device appears to allow bypassing activation a maximum of five times. Presumably one would then need to activate the device to use it.
So on second power up I activated the device to my DJI account after logging in. As soon as device was activated an automatic update to V01.04.00.10(6698) started. I made no attempt to abort the update, after completion the camera reported 'update success'. So far all appears to be well. I should have a good idea within the next couple of weeks if all is behaving as it should be. If not then it gets the chop

Edit:- Initial thought, the voice commands seem more responsive (extra hole for better microphone ???).
2019-7-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. I've checked it with our designated department as well this if there are other changes to our Osmo Action. We'll keep you posted as soon as we receive the latest feedback. Thank you!
2019-7-24
Use props
El Diabolico
lvl.4

Portugal

CemAygun Posted at 7-23 17:49
Sorry for the late reply,

Yes I had two units failing, one halfway through it's first charge the second lasting slightly longer. They simply never turned back on (or charged for that matter).

Thank you for the reply, let’s see what comes out of this...
2019-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules