Ronin-SC Released - Challenge Accepted
1234Next >
14469 141 2019-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Replies reward 1988 Points Reply to this post for a chance to win 7 Points! Each person is 2 times
GoldenSun
Second Officer
Poland

Pedro Castelani Posted at 7-19 12:58
Tanks! Thought it was for DSLRs!

No problem! Mirrorless cameras are usually lighter than DSLRs so it's a perfect match!
2019-7-20
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Replies reward +7 Points

We need the apps to hit our Ronin-S too.
2019-7-20
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Replies reward +7 Points

Nice stuff
2019-7-21
Use props
Roy Rogers
First Officer
Flight distance : 1186296 ft
United States

Replies reward +7 Points

Is DJI now a Camera company ?
2019-7-21
Use props
fansf595dff2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 508976 ft
Mexico

Replies reward +7 Points

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-17 19:11
Hi ari_za, thanks for your feedback, your request has been forwarded to our engineers for attention, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website, thank you for your support.

No, Mindy, that's not what we want to hear. Since January you've been giving the same answer. We need a YES or a NO. That's it. The longer you guys take to answer the more my Ronin S looses it's value and I'm going to have to ask even less for it.
2019-7-21
Use props
djiuser_AXfh5nI8QA0x
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49068 ft
United States

Replies reward +7 Points

Got my in does not work, no cables work , terrible gear waste waste
2019-7-21
Use props
djiuser_cPyhZTohFBnR
New
Gibraltar

Replies reward +7 Points

Will the OSMO action get the digital zoom in a future firmware ?
2019-7-21
Use props
djiuser_EyjH3cGHjnJm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18294 ft
United Kingdom

Replies reward +7 Points

Hi,I'm really fed up up with Dji Repair team.On 10th July 2019,I've received my drone and it came with 4 propellers and they told me that they are good as new and they told me that they are not faulty so I trusted them so I used the propellers the one they provided with the drone.I've installed the propellers properly by watching a video how to install the propellers properly and I followed the steps.So far,everything was good until when I spun the motors and took off and one of the propellers came off and the drone hit the floor and it left a dent as you can see in the pictures I've provided.Dji lied to me saying that the propellers is good as new but that's a lie and I can sue the company because they misled me and now because of that,my drone had marks.I'm not having this anymore and you guys are not taking this seriously and it's the bloody second time I'm dealing with this bullcrap.Why didn't they test the propellers first before sending it to me?Why???Now my drone has dents becau
2019-7-21
Use props
Shervin Koushan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196037 ft
Norway

Will it hold a Sony A7 iii with a 24-105 f4 or a 16-35 f4?
2019-7-22
Use props
flypanda
lvl.4
Flight distance : 147382 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Replies reward +7 Points

Looks like a great tool. can I use the Ronin-SC with my SONY Alpha 6400?
2019-7-22
Use props
djiuser_apED1Efr9SEP
New

Russia

Replies reward +7 Points

BUY PAIN PILLS LIKE havoni,roxy,oxy,xanax,adderall,perks and research chemicals like mdma,apvp etc wickr..gradeonenotes  We sell Pain pills like havoni,roxy,oxy,adderall,percocet and research chemicals such as   CBD CRYSTALS MDMA ECSTASY POWDER MAM-2201  4MMC  MDAI  MN-24  PB-22  5F-PB-22  5F-UR  2-FA  Pentetrone  Methylone Crystal  5F-AKB-48  Dimethocaine  4-MEC  A-pvp  AB-Fubinaca  5F-AB-Fubinaca  AB-Piñata  5F-AB-Pinaca  5-MEO-DALT  5-MEO-MIPT  MPA  PB-8  5-APDB  MXE  Ethylpenidate  JWH-250  MDPV  MDMA  wickr.....gradeonenotes text……+1 216- 452-8283 For more email heritagechems@gmail.com
2019-7-22
Use props
Shervin Koushan
Second Officer
Norway

Does Activetrack use the phone's camera?
2019-7-23
Use props
DedeMavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 649403 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Replies reward +7 Points

Shervin Koushan Posted at 7-23 02:57
Does Activetrack use the phone's camera?

Yes - it uses the phone's camera
2019-7-23
Use props
Shervin Koushan
Second Officer
Norway

DedeMavic Posted at 7-23 05:38
Yes - it uses the phone's camera

Then I guess the better the camera, the better the result. Could be a huge difference in low light
2019-7-23
Use props
Shervin Koushan
Second Officer
Norway

Shervin Koushan Posted at 7-23 06:42
Then I guess the better the camera, the better the result. Could be a huge difference in low light

The bettet the mobile camera* if that was unclear
2019-7-23
Use props
DedeMavic
lvl.3
  • >>>
Switzerland

Replies reward +7 Points

Shervin Koushan Posted at 7-23 06:42
The bettet the mobile camera* if that was unclear

I agree... I'll receive my ronin sc on Thursday and will do some testing in low light. Curious on how active track will perform in low light.
2019-7-23
Use props
DedeMavic
lvl.3
  • >>>
Switzerland

DedeMavic Posted at 7-23 12:26
I agree... I'll receive my ronin sc on Thursday and will do some testing in low light. Curious on how active track will perform in low light.

Does anyone know if active track works with both android and ios? Where can I find the main differences between ios app and android app?
2019-7-23
Use props
pianoplayer7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 259055 ft
United States

Replies reward +7 Points

That’s really neat!
2019-7-24
Use props
pianoplayer7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 259055 ft
United States

Replies reward +7 Points

Wish I could afford it
2019-7-24
Use props
Kuya Kano
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797913 ft
United States

Replies reward +7 Points

Will DJI ever come up with something that can be used under water?  I say its time.
2019-7-24
Use props
DedeMavic
lvl.3
  • >>>
Switzerland

Roy Rogers Posted at 7-21 05:21
Is DJI now a Camera company ?

They definitely make a lot of different cameras now
2019-7-24
Use props
djiuser_zJyiAqHMAN7V
New

United Kingdom

Replies reward +7 Points

Can anyone help me with this too warning on. The Air
2019-7-24
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Replies reward +7 Points

Awesome product!
2019-7-24
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Brazil

Replies reward +7 Points

Love extra points!
2019-7-24
Use props
DaveCook
New

Germany

Replies reward +7 Points

Hello
I am interested to purchase that gimbal (before i by any chinese toy)  but "unfortunately" i have only the Sony Alpha 6000. Does anybody tried out that combination?
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards
2019-7-25
Use props
Jean-Phi91
lvl.1
Flight distance : 265164 ft
Belgium

Replies reward +7 Points

Karol Filipiak Posted at 7-17 06:50
Is it possible that DJI Ronin SC fits Nikon D5XXX SLR?

I hope too
2019-7-25
Use props
Terrance Lam
lvl.2
Canada

Replies reward +7 Points

Got mine on Tuesday..... LOVING IT!

2019-7-25
Use props
Kinematic Digit
lvl.2
Canada

Replies reward +7 Points

Terrance Lam Posted at 7-25 11:25
Got mine on Tuesday..... LOVING IT!

Some feedback for those Fujifilm users.

Please make sure you see the compatibility chart for this camera found here:
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Ronin_SC/Ronin_SC_Camera_Compatibility_List_en.pdf

I was not aware that video was not fully functional by the buttons at this time. This might be something that could make or break your deal to order this. For me, it's not the end of the world, but just want FujiFilm users to be aware. When connected, the gimbal controls shutter for photography functions and also disables the buttons on the camera until the gimbal is put into sleep mode. The photography functions gives you control over time-lapse, panoramic, and motion lapse functions. All of these mostly work.

I think there's an engineering challenge going on with this at the moment, as the trigger function to the gimbal must be done in a specific sequence, where the camera is turned on last. You may lose function when you use the gimbal sleep mode, or if the camera goes into sleep mode. If you lose function, you need to turn off the camera and turn it back on manually.

Aside from the weird bugs with this kind of set-up. I found it was much better to use this as an unpaired gimbal. I tested half a dozen lenses and it works really well. No overload issues, but you may need to use the lens support on heavier lenses like the 80mm macro I tested it with. When putting a phone into the hot-shoe, you'll likely come across issues with balancing it all. I had to use counterweights and other measures to balance it with a phone in the hot shoe. At this time, the only real reason to use it that way is for Active Tracking.

Active Tracking works fine. Set it up, balance with not cord connected and then select it in the create mode. Once you select your target, it will make an effort to keep it in the frame. The red record button does nothing for you as the video functions are not operational and the cord is disconnected. Does a great job of tracking the subject as you pan.

Overall the gimbal is super easy to balance. The locking axis makes life that much easier, but sometimes you just need to let it all go and balance it the traditional way. I do like that transporting it with the power off gives me more peace of mind.

The focus motor works great for focus and for zoom of my lenses. I did not find that difficult, but I do recommend turning off the Pan-Tilt in the smooth tracking if you use it for the zoom ring. Cords are all very close to optimal length, so be careful where you place things, but it was never an issue for me so far.

That is it for now... I need more time with it but loving it despite the lack of video control from the gimbal is the only thing.
2019-7-25
Use props
skyball
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7799 ft
Canada

Replies reward +7 Points

flypanda Posted at 7-22 11:36
Looks like a great tool. can I use the Ronin-SC with my SONY Alpha 6400?

Working with my a6400 and sigma 30mm 1.4.  I haven't tried my other lenses yet.
2019-7-25
Use props
Rferrand
lvl.2

Spain

Replies reward +7 Points

Well, seeing the success of ronin S, I doubt that I will buy anything more from them again, in ronin S they have used us for a year to take out the ronin SC much cheaper and with more functionalities. Now we will have to see if really they work or is it another scam
2019-7-26
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Replies reward +7 Points

I really want to buy the SC, but just can't decide if I'll really use it enough to make it worth it.  I've already got the Osmo Pocket which does a great job, but definitely isn't a full size camera....
2019-7-26
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 618734 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Replies reward +7 Points

Confirmed: MCC-Multi now working with Sony A7iii.

Well done DJI, this has been one of my biggest  unresolved issues with the S, not being able to use the Record button, or the Half-press Force Focus.
Unfortunately, it suggests that it is indeed a software Bug that still hasn't been fixed even though this has been pointed out since the cable got released (I was beta tester..)
Anyway, I've moved on and sold the S, just feeling sorry for those who experience the customer feeling of 'being left behind' with no firmware updates ..
2019-7-26
Use props
almacrae
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21467 ft
United States

Replies reward +7 Points

Well, I see that DJI hasn't spoken a word in response to the many questions about the Ronin-S.  I guess I invested in a cool looking, non-functional paperweight.
2019-7-28
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Brazil

Is it possible that DJI Ronin SC fits Nikon D5XXX SLR?
2019-7-29
Use props
Maxipro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1760791 ft
Russia

Replies reward +7 Points

DJI is always on top!
2019-7-30
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Replies reward +7 Points

Awesome piece of kit
2019-7-30
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Replies reward +7 Points

And looks very tempting to buy
2019-7-30
Use props
Decebalus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 203806 ft
Romania

Replies reward +7 Points

BobUnplugged Posted at 7-18 14:46
Dear LORD will you stop making products!  I'm going broke!

Same here  .... my "next to buy list" is getting bigger and bigger
2019-7-30
Use props
Decebalus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 203806 ft
Romania

Replies reward +7 Points

Kuya Kano Posted at 7-24 06:03
Will DJI ever come up with something that can be used under water?  I say its time.

Exactly my thought
2019-7-30
Use props
Nicoricosancho
First Officer
Flight distance : 13196 ft
Canada

Replies reward +7 Points

Is there a minimum weight ? I believe this is perfect for my Panasonic g85 (around 750 grams) but not sure. Been looking for a while for a gimbal that supports low weight cameras. Seems like Imma buy more DJI products ! If the weight issue is no problem. Thanks for answering
2019-7-30
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules