Ronin-SC Released - Challenge Accepted
14466 141 2019-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Replies reward 1988 Points Reply to this post for a chance to win 7 Points! Each person is 2 times
Garifuna
lvl.2
United States

Replies reward +7 Points

I just unpack the Ronin SC. The list of compatibility included Panasonic GH4 with the optional cable RSS-P (working well with Ronin S), however, I don't see any way of connecting the gimbal with the GH4. If DJI put the GH4 in the list because of a mistake, please let me know as soon as possible. Thanks!
2019-7-30
Use props
fanse9f021be
New
Netherlands

Replies reward +7 Points

So, i spend €459,- on a ronin sc for the compact lightweight setup and new features. And after some digging the internet found out that 'force mobile' is not even working with android devices.. One of the reasons i bought the sc is for the new features like active track and force mobile. Get it fixed as soon as possible!!! Is it so hard to get it working on android? Come on..
2019-7-30
Use props
fansde1a6f49
lvl.1

Israel

Replies reward +7 Points

Are there specific rules for compatibility (balance tuning) of the Sony 24 mm F1/4 with Sony a6500? Thank you
2019-7-31
Use props
Graphite
lvl.2
Flight distance : 629642 ft
Portugal

Replies reward +7 Points

....   1#
hello i bought a ronin sc, to use with my sony a6300, i was able to activate it with a friends OnePlus 7 phone, however i cant conet my iphone X to the ronin, im  able to see it on bluetooth, but when open the app say disconnected an cant find the ronin, i tried ios version 12.3.1 and also 12.4 no luck, i even tried with ios 13 beta 3, still no luck, i tried with anothe iphone x, same thing, tried with an iphone 7, same thing, the i tried with an iphone xs and it worked on ios 12.3.1, updated and worked with ios 12.4. can anyone help me with this whats wrong, i cant use the ronin, calibrate it etc because i cand connect, whoever it works with iphone xs and also with ipad pro 11inch...
so with 3 diferent iphones didnt work, only with xs, and with ipad pro...

Can anybody help.. please

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1hooQ4jmcCV8sboD5DNTdMUVQd5VKFRsT

See vídeo for reference...
2019-8-2
Use props
PMeuser
lvl.1
Flight distance : 406660 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Replies reward +7 Points

My start with the Ronin-SC was very frustating so far. I received it this week from a German reseller. First it took me a whole day to figure out, that the device's default name does not allow to activate it - you have to remove any special character like "_" and "-" to get it working. Still only a few app commands are processed. For example even auto tune and system calibration fails without any activity at the gimbal. Device's firmware version says 0.3.0.8 and Bluetooth 0.19 (no info about GCU or IMU). Might this be an pre-production unit?
2019-8-3
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Cool !! :-)
2019-8-4
Use props
Nicoricosancho
First Officer
Flight distance : 13196 ft
Canada

Replies reward +7 Points

I don't see Panasonic g85 in compatibility list. So if I still use it, only the record button won't work ? Focus wheel a and gimbal joystick should still work I believe.. thanks for the answer waiting on this to buy .
2019-8-4
Use props
SuperCac
lvl.3

Hong Kong

Replies reward +7 Points

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2019-8-4
Use props
Yamax
lvl.2
Australia

Replies reward +7 Points

Hi, anyone here know what tripod would be compatible with the Ronin SC  quick release plate?  or if there is a way to make this easier and avoid have to rebalance the gimbal every time.
2019-8-27
Use props
massimiliano maestroni
lvl.2
Flight distance : 201752 ft
Italy

Replies reward +7 Points

Love this ronin sc first gimbal for me! and i found very good this tutorial... in italian but its ok!! https://youtu.be/gaRRdkJqYbE
2019-8-28
Use props
Ouais
New

Switzerland

Replies reward +7 Points

Hello,

I plan to purchase a Ronin SC to use with a Canon 6D mk1 and a Sigma 24-70.
Altogether, it's 1.9kgs.
Do you know if the gimbal will suffer or will be still at ease with such gear?
Also, do you know if the gear would fit on the gimbal or if I might face balance issues as the lens is quite heavy?

Thanks,

Ouais
2019-8-29
Use props
Chrome Dome
lvl.2
Canada

Replies reward +7 Points

fanse9f021be Posted at 7-30 15:25
So, i spend €459,- on a ronin sc for the compact lightweight setup and new features. And after some digging the internet found out that 'force mobile' is not even working with android devices.. One of the reasons i bought the sc is for the new features like active track and force mobile. Get it fixed as soon as possible!!! Is it so hard to get it working on android? Come on..

Yeahhh.  It's unfortunate that DJI was dishonest about this and false advertised.   I hope DJI will realize that telling the truth in advertising is better than being totally, 110% dishonest.

I mean, the difference in sales between telling everyone that one awesome feature only works on 30% of the phones in the world would not have made a difference in sales. ...But someone in head office thought it was important to lie and be totally dishonest (and actually illegal advertising) in North America and not mention this HUGE oversight in morality.

DJI... being honest is 1000x better than lying and misleading clients.  It's business, not state propaganda.  

...earn respect, not disdain.  
2019-9-2
Use props
Mountaindrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 26618251 ft
  • >>>

Replies reward +7 Points

Price is very attractive !
I will try this the next week
2019-9-13
Use props
Makakka
lvl.2

Replies reward +7 Points

After a month of use, I find that half of the functions do not work. Especially for android users.
Everything looks cool on ads and sponsored videos on Youtube.
The only thing I'm happy with is stabilization. But didn't I pay for other functions too?
2019-9-13
Use props
JRos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 677362 ft

Replies reward +7 Points

Well 3 days since my SC purchase, and.... somehow disappointed.
Let me explain... DJI released the new firmware with a lots of improvements and features, to name some that catch my eye:
-A6000s new capability to pull focus and zoom from the focus wheel
-New setting to tune the focus wheel, so no more SLOW or FAST now 0 to 100!

The first one is a poor write and explanation, when the put a6000 in plural you assume that is the A6XXX family right? because A6000 there's only one model, well this feature is ONLY for a6000
The second one it's worst... this feature didn't exist.. I still have the SLOW and FAST settings, and those are unusable in real situations. SLOW only manage to move 1 mm in focal length 18 to 19mm and FAST the movement is bumpy and zero precise, not to mention that the travel of the focus wheel it's a bad joke.

So many users have this complains and DJI has radio silence since day 0 of the release of this firmware.

The other hand the fucntions that works I love them, and how smooth and easy to operate is the SC

2019-9-13
Use props
Chrome Dome
lvl.2

Replies reward +7 Points

Chrome Dome Posted at 9-2 09:30
Yeahhh.  It's unfortunate that DJI was dishonest about this and false advertised.   I hope DJI will realize that telling the truth in advertising is better than being totally, 110% dishonest.

I mean, the difference in sales between telling everyone that one awesome feature only works on 30% of the phones in the world would not have made a difference in sales. ...But someone in head office thought it was important to lie and be totally dishonest (and actually illegal advertising) in North America and not mention this HUGE oversight in morality.

OMG. i was wrong!!!!   I am sooooo, soooo   sorrryyy!!!!

Android has 78% market share, iOS (Apple) has 22% market share.  Lol.

DJI  why are you guys programming for a dying brand that has 22% market share...  why dont you program for what 78% of everyone has.... ANDROID!  

...so strange, you guy are great at innovating. Who's the old manager telling you to program for iOS?!   Fire him.  Lol .
2019-9-13
Use props
JRos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 677362 ft

Replies reward +7 Points

Chrome Dome Posted at 9-13 16:30
OMG. i was wrong!!!!   I am sooooo, soooo   sorrryyy!!!!

Android has 78% market share, iOS (Apple) has 22% market share.  Lol.

Wow it's a bold affirmation telling that Apple is a dying brand... every quarter they benefits goes up...

But yes you are right saying that DJI developing policies are absurd... they MUST develop for every platform, or at least put in BIG BOLD letters that using the SC in Android will not work properly.
2019-9-15
Use props
Mkurr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1605564 ft

Replies reward +7 Points

I wish dji would release more drones.... Although this is nice too
2019-9-17
Use props
Tekton
lvl.1

Replies reward +7 Points

will the Ronin SC work with the Sony A7r IV?
2019-9-24
Use props
Tekton
lvl.1

Replies reward +7 Points

Ouais Posted at 8-29 04:49
Hello,

I plan to purchase a Ronin SC to use with a Canon 6D mk1 and a Sigma 24-70.

I think its not the weight, but the size of your setting that will destroy your plans.
2019-10-3
Use props
Smashey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29406 ft

Ireland

Replies reward +7 Points

So...
Hoping 2020 will be my year to discover if theres a Cinematographer in me just waiting to get out. The Ronin SC looks like one of the key tools to help me!
2019-11-9
Use props
fans243ca600
lvl.1
United States

Replies reward +7 Points

Does the Ronin sc work with the Sony nex 7 mirrorless cameras thanks.
2019-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules