4111 12 2019-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rome222
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48432 ft
  • >>>
United States

I recently got a M210 RTK V2 with two Cendence S remotes and the RTK Base Station. I find that I cannot have both Cendence S remotes connected while having the RTK Base station connected. If I connect the secondary controller while the base station is connected. I will get kicked from RTK and the base station will get disconnected. The reverse also happens. If i connnect the Base station while both controllers are alread connected. The Base station will kick out the secondary controller.

Is this working as intended?

Can there only be two devices linked to the aircraft at once?

Will a later firmware update fix this?
2019-7-17
Use props
Rome222
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48432 ft
  • >>>
United States

I got a reply directly from DJI support
I was told be HQ that "it is normal that the D-RTK 2 for Matrice and the secondary Cendence S can not be used at the same time". They did not provide and additional information to when, or if this will be fixed in the next firmware.

2019-7-18
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

"It is normal" but do the capabilities and specs hyped in the promotional material and adverts tell you this? Of course not.
2019-7-18
Use props
Kiysersosae
lvl.2
Flight distance : 643041 ft
United Kingdom

We have had to stop our operations with the V2 because of this, it’s mandatory for us to use RTK and have a pilot / Inspector combination. The V1 works fine with RTK and slave, the V2 does not. It is not a software fix either, this is something with the hardware, so I’m told by an insider.

Ive said 2 weeks to come up with a solution or, this difficult and long relationship with the 210 will come to an end.

2019-7-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Rome222, yes, that is normal because the Ocusync link used by the new base station communicates directly with the aircraft, while the original V1 version communicates with the master RC via Datalink and then communicates with the aircraft, it doesn't occupy the communication link with the aircraft. The relevant explanations will be updated later in the user manual and website.
2019-7-21
Use props
DrMrdalj
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1265978 ft
  • >>>
Serbia

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-21 02:53
Hi Rome222, yes, that is normal because the Ocusync link used by the new base station communicates directly with the aircraft, while the original V1 version communicates with the master RC via Datalink and then communicates with the aircraft, it doesn't occupy the communication link with the aircraft. The relevant explanations will be updated later in the user manual and website.

I am very disappointed to here that such major problem will not be solved,, and that DJI finds it "normal" for feature/function to be promoted  and then "abandoned"... We bought  M210 RTK V2 mainly for inspection missions in he same way as original poster - mandatory RTK, mandatory pilot and separate inspector.

How do you suggests for us to perform inspections of high-voltage infrastructure? As single operator missions?
If Ocusync is "problematic" is there a way to provide some tetherred connection of two controllers? One USB or CAN cable could provide same functionality as "controler-to-controller" radio link of Inspire2... Is there a way to utilize DJI Multilink modules (provided for Inspire2 as means of communication between Master and Slave controllers)?

Please talk to engineers and suggest proper workaround, as this fearure is very important for many workflows.
2019-7-25
Use props
NickLiUpair
lvl.1
United States

DrMrdalj Posted at 7-25 18:37
I am very disappointed to here that such major problem will not be solved,, and that DJI finds it "normal" for feature/function to be promoted  and then "abandoned"... We bought  M210 RTK V2 mainly for inspection missions in he same way as original poster - mandatory RTK, mandatory pilot and separate inspector.

How do you suggests for us to perform inspections of high-voltage infrastructure? As single operator missions?

Have you solved the problem?Have you ever hear MMCUAV,ther are famous for their long flight time drone .and they are top supplier for State Grid,they should have mature inspection solutions for  high-voltage infrastructure
2019-8-12
Use props
Fotopiloot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1032070 ft

Sorry to read that the M210 RTK cannot be used in a Two man oparation. For us it is not acceptable. When you need RTK most of the time it is an demanding environment so in terms of safety we need a seperate payload operator so the pilot can focus on the drone. Not communicating this cripling of the M210 V2 is nicely spoken frustrating. DJI has to step up on this.
2019-9-25
Use props
AerobotROI
lvl.1

Same here... is this a case of class action? It's misleading advertising.
2019-9-25
Use props
AerobotROI
lvl.1

Just an update: DJI reports in the FAQ section that the D-RTK V2 cannot be linked while a second Cendence S is linked to the aircraft. This is unfair. They have 6000 employees in their R&D and cannot make proper systems and softwares for their Enterprise users. Thumbs down to DJI Enterprise and maybe it's better to rely on other manufacturers, i.e. Intel or Microdrones.
2019-9-26
Use props
Fotopiloot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1032070 ft

An alternative for some situations where RTK is needed for accuracy and not for magnetic interference is the use of an NTRIP server and stick the USB stick in the Controller. In that way you could use two controllers for Pilot and payload but that is not working either at the moment. The last should be an Firmware update because in the M210 RTK package is an USB stick included. I should say we need both but for the moment i want to use the NTRIP serevr ortherwise the M210 is unusable for a lot of situations. Lets cross our fingers that DJI will step forward but for enterprise users it is disappointing.
2019-9-27
Use props
Manes F
lvl.2
Spain

I have exactly the same problem as Rome222. We are using it for solar (thermal and photovoltaic) plant inspection. It is more than obvious than many of us need precise positioning and, at the same time, using 2 transmitters. If we had known this, M210-RTK-V2 would have probably stayed in Shenzen.

By the way, the solution with the modem might be no so bad, but only two modems work. Another DJI joke. One is discontinued and the other one is almost discontinued too. If you want to use the modem, this one perfectly works: link for the modem

I have measured accuracy with both, the modem and the base. I have a mountpoint close to my lab 7 or 8 km, and I measured twice the error I get with the base. Around 5cm with the modem and no more than 2cm with the base.

I would like to know what is DJI going to do in our case. We have to use it in Kuwait, in the middle of the desert where no GNNS positioning is available.

We also have a DIY solution.  Here you are in case it was useful for someone. If you buy, both, base and rover from Emlid, you can create a virtual GNNS caster to use the modem. base and rover

It goes without saying than the answer "is normal" is an impudence that only someone that controls the whole market can afford.
Good luck everybody!
Best Regards from the north of Spain!
P.S. Please post if you get any solution from DJI.
2020-1-8
Use props
Manes F
lvl.2
Spain

DJI Mindy Posted at 2019-7-21 02:53

In technical terms is normal. But do you think costumers have a cristal ball to find it out prior to the purchase? This kind of answer, as I have written below is for me an impudence.
2020-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules