Is firmware development now dead?
3815 18 2019-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
braded
lvl.2
United Kingdom

With there being no firmware release since march 2019 and there still being huge focus-pull issues on the EOS-R (and many issues on other camera makes), has development stopped for this product?

If not, what timeframe should we expect another much needed update?
2019-7-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi braded, no, our engineers are still working on optimizing Ronin-S, may I have more details of the issue you have with EOS-R?
2019-7-18
Use props
julesh
New

Germany

DJI MINDY do you realize that you screwed several customers through promising that support will come to the FUJI XT3? Don't listen to anything this admin says and copy my post under his posts. This guy is responsible for my friend buying the ronin s for xt3.
2019-7-19
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

julesh Posted at 7-19 09:39
DJI MINDY do you realize that you screwed several customers through promising that support will come to the FUJI XT3? Don't listen to anything this admin says and copy my post under his posts. This guy is responsible for my friend buying the ronin s for xt3.

I too am one who purchased a FujiFilm X-T3 for specific use on a Ronin S.  I also read the threads on this forum that indicated DJI was working on drivers to support this camera.  However, based on DJI's track record, I fully expected that DJI may never deliver on these comments from DJI Mindy and other forum administrators.  I personally believe that DJI would like to support the X-T3 but there may be many reasons why they have yet to issue a firmware update that includes this camera:
1) Lack of resources/money.
2) Hardware in Ronin S may not be compatible with X-T3.  Even the new Ronin SC does not support video record on/off on the X-T3.
3) Fuji may not be cooperating with DJI in giving them access to X-T3.
etc.

Am I happy with my X-T3/Ronin S combination?  Absolutely as it does the job I expected it to do.  And, at least DJI is at least talking about supporting the X-T3.  As far as I can tell, Zhiyun, Gudsen never even mention the topic of supporting the X-T3.

Also, my Ronin S essentials kit was only $500 US.  Not a whole lot of money in the broad scheme of things.  And, if a successor model Ronin (or some other brand) comes up that supports the X-T3, I will sell my Ronin S and purchase the stabilizer that does.  But at the rate technology is developing, maybe a better camera will emerge and I will be selling the X-T3.

Don Barar
2019-7-19
Use props
unf0rg0tt3n
lvl.1
Flight distance : 170971 ft
Netherlands

The Ronin-S is a product in the professional line and yet No firmware updates and only a few cameras supported. I really regret my purchase.
2019-8-1
Use props
braded
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Any news on when a new firmware will be released?

I installed Firmware: v1.8.0.70 for use with may Canon EOS-R with EF Lens 24-105mm but focus pull (in general) is very slow if not at all

5 months later and there's still no change.
2019-8-7
Use props
Stephentaber
lvl.4
Flight distance : 901404 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I agree with all the above. I purchased a Ronin S under 8 weeks ago. The fact there is no firmware movement since March is a real concern. Looks like development went on to the SC, I wouldn't be surprised if support for the S is already dead.
2019-8-7
Use props
aidar.kz
lvl.4

Kazakhstan

I have also purchased in May 2019 Ronin-S after reading on DJI's forum that support for Fuji X-T3 was in the development... So far I'm very disappointed with the pace of firmware development (or rather lack of any update on software development deadlines, etc.)

Release of Ronin-SC with half baked so called support for Fuji X-T3 also is not adding confidence in ability/willingness to deliver on their promises for new camera support.
2019-8-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

braded Posted at 8-7 01:24
Any news on when a new firmware will be released?

I installed Firmware: v1.8.0.70 for use with may Canon EOS-R with EF Lens 24-105mm but focus pull (in general) is very slow if not at all

Hi braded, we have added three speed settings of focus for Canon cameras in the last firmware, was it still slow when you set High? We are also waiting for the new firmware but still have no news about it, please pay attention to our website, thank you.
2019-8-10
Use props
braded
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-10 01:51
Hi braded, we have added three speed settings of focus for Canon cameras in the last firmware, was it still slow when you set High? We are also waiting for the new firmware but still have no news about it, please pay attention to our website, thank you.

Slow is too slow and hight is too fast, there is no middle ground with the focus wheel
2019-8-13
Use props
Viki Venkat
New

India

When will firmware update provided for compatibility of Canon 77d??? Iam waiting to buy Ronin s?
Why there is no update after March 2019???
2019-8-14
Use props
djiuser_RkYqbC2t4I7a
New
Brazil

Hi,
Does Ronin S have any plans to give BMPCC6K compatibility in the next firmware update?
2019-8-16
Use props
Backlash
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42749 ft
Netherlands

djiuser_RkYqbC2t4I7a Posted at 8-16 06:57
Hi,
Does Ronin S have any plans to give BMPCC6K compatibility in the next firmware update?

your so funny
2019-8-16
Use props
TheFly67
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8087 ft

Belgium

If I contact DJI to ask about more support for Nikon camera's all they can say is "hoping to bring full support to the d500 with a future update"
With apps like qDslrDashboard and others you can do everything on Nikons and DJI can't do (D5300) Liveview on when cable is connected to most Nikon cameras!!!!
2019-8-17
Use props
Backlash
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42749 ft
Netherlands

TheFly67 Posted at 8-17 03:33
If I contact DJI to ask about more support for Nikon camera's all they can say is "hoping to bring full support to the d500 with a future update"
With apps like qDslrDashboard and others you can do everything on Nikons and DJI can't do (D5300) Liveview on when cable is connected to most Nikon cameras!!!!

I mounted a smartphone on the gimbal with qDSLR Dash. The support from DJI sucks balls so don't count on them to ever release a firmware update supporting Nikon.
2019-8-21
Use props
TheFly67
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8087 ft

Belgium

Backlash Posted at 8-21 13:10
I mounted a smartphone on the gimbal with qDSLR Dash. The support from DJI sucks balls so don't count on them to ever release a firmware update supporting Nikon.

I contacted Nikon and because a lot of people asking this, they're gonna see if they can do something.
But it will never be full compatible.
2019-8-21
Use props
Chris_E
lvl.3
Flight distance : 243474 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Of course, is's dead! Why should DJI put ANY effort in firmware development of an "old" product like the Ronin S if they can make more money by releasing a new product? It's a shame, but that's business. Zhiyun Tech is exactly the same. I would LOVE to pay for a new firmware that fixes problems instead of buying new gear, but that's not how DJI (and Zhiyun Tech) are building their business.
2019-8-25
Use props
aidar.kz
lvl.4

Kazakhstan

the situation with absence of any progress in firmware development (or rather any update on development) is very annoying and a very frustrating user experience.
2019-8-25
Use props
milkod2001
New
Ireland

Regarding Ronin SC:While you are at this guys can you also fix:

I’ll like to select Lock mode in one of the M settings. If you go through options
on mobile settings it is not there. I can only use lock mode if i physically  hold
front button on gimbal itself. Anybody got solution to this?
2019-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules