Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
4k60 iPad Pro
864 6 2019-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans65bdb3ae
lvl.1
United States

Hi all,

I wanted to get some input for recording 4k60 and editing on my IPad Pro.
I know that there is a code that isn't support between the two, so for those that are like me, what is your work around to getting the footage on your device?
Do you all use converters? Mobile hard drives?

I want to make the export as simple as possible.

Thank you !
2019-7-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sure that our valued DJI Forum members would provide the best recommendation that you may need in regards to this process. Thank you for your support.
2019-7-17
Use props
tripleburst
lvl.4
United States

I use a wireless hub from RavPower or a  Sandisk iXpand thumb drive to import the clips directly to Lumafusion.
2019-7-17
Use props
fans65bdb3ae
lvl.1
United States

So i just have a dongle with a sd card in which it doesn’t seem to be able to read the files.
Is there a reason why you use those specifically? Or am i missing something about how this works?
2019-7-17
Use props
Tide
Second Officer
South Korea

iUSB app compatible OTG adapters can transfer 4K60P to LumaFusion but not to Photos app.
2019-7-17
Use props
tripleburst
lvl.4
United States

fans65bdb3ae Posted at 7-17 15:19
So i just have a dongle with a sd card in which it doesn’t seem to be able to read the files.
Is there a reason why you use those specifically? Or am i missing something about how this works?

I use those because those are simply what Lumafusion recognizes as import sources. This could change in with ipadOS13 but who knows at this point.  
2019-7-18
Use props
AWTech
lvl.1

Singapore

I directly link the Osmo pocket to iPad Pro 11 with USB-C to USB-C cable. The Osmo would prompt whether to connect to computer, click Accept to grant permission. On iPad Pro, the file app will show a drive connected to Osmo pocket. I could copy the 4k60 video file over to ipad without any issue. I could also play the video on photo app. I then AirDrop to iPhone XS and was able to open in photo app without any issue. Pls see the attached image of the video resolution set at 4K 60FPS. My conclusion is that both iPhone and ipad are capable playing 4k60. I believe it is dji limiting its software to restrict transferring file to iPhone or ipad. I can prove it with more images if you want to see.
2019-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules