559 3 2019-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Clinicamatiz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3 ft

Venezuela

Good Morning.
I noticed that every time I upgraded my Phantom 3 Advanced, it was losing distance between the control and the Phantom.
Before I get to fly 2 km away and nowadays it is barely 900 meters away.

I want to recover the reach I had. What should I do? I do not want to hack.

I am in Venezuela.

2019-7-17
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Sweden

I understand you may not agree with my reply - but range is nothing to do with FW or App ...

The RC and AC have RF signal strength and that is what determines range along with external interference / terrain.

I would suggest testing in a clear open area for real range determination on a day that is near calm, clear weather.

A P3A / P3P in a residential / town location is really a 1000m max machine. In rural farm location - then you can expect up to 2000m .... with 1500+ a norm depending on external matters.

I know some others will question that - but in reality that is what its designed at. I can get 2500m quite often in open farm land - but I would not g'tee it.
2019-7-18
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Re a P3P, those in CE mode may have some issues with range and FW as illustrated in post #25 here:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-169164-1-1.html

It seems likely a P3A would have similar issues.

I have FW 1.5+ on my P3P and my range is outstanding.  But I'm in FCC mode.  

Good luck
2019-7-18
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Czechia

Agreed that CE mode is a reduced signal power to FCC ... I had forgotten about that ..

But even having FCC power level - if the 'air' is saturated with RF ... you could still suffer reduced range.

I assume Venezuela is FCC power level ?

It may be worth seeing about a Channel change ? Default as I believe is auto select and it may not be selecting best ?
2019-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules