COMPASS WONT CALIBRATE?!!! - helpppppp
4726 9 2019-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matt2018
lvl.2
United Kingdom

omg, why doesnt my drone just calibrate???
everytime i turn it on it asks me to calibrate the compass, im not even being dramatic, everytime, why ?????

and now it doesnt even do it, i am stood in a field with no interffence following simple intructions but it doesnt play ball.

can someone please give me some suggestions before i throw it at a brick wall.

thanks
2019-7-18
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Can you post a screen grab of the interface which you are interpreting as a compass calibration prompt? I think this might be a Go 4 UI fail rather than an actual compass issue, something I fell victim to when I first started out.
2019-7-18
Use props
Mr. Motta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 221906 ft
United States

If you are anywhere near metal, you will have to re calibrate.  ( away from metal)
2019-7-18
Use props
Vofas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 200853 ft
Russia

Are there any metal objects near you? Some people on the forum said that even wrist watches can influence.
2019-7-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Matt2018. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. Please check if the DJI Mavic Air' firmware is up to date? Please check the location where you are calibrating the compass of the said drone. Let me please provide you additional requirements for proper compass calibration. In calibrating the compass of the said drone do not calibrate your compass where there is a chance of strong magnetic interference, such as magnetite, parking structures, or steel reinforcements underground. Do not carry ferromagnetic materials with you during calibration, such as keys or cellular phones. Do not calibrate beside large metal objects. Please give us an update on the said issue for us to be able to help you further. Thank you.
2019-7-19
Use props
WernerD
Second Officer
Flight distance : 350837 ft
  • >>>
Austria

I had trouble with calibrating the compass also. No matter where I walked to, there was always an interference. Until I found the common denominator: Carrying the remote plus metal phone holder plus large tablet next to the Mavic Air is no good idea when calibrating. So I put the remote on the ground and then the Mavic let's me calibrate without an issue.
2019-7-21
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

WernerD Posted at 7-21 11:23
I had trouble with calibrating the compass also. No matter where I walked to, there was always an interference. Until I found the common denominator: Carrying the remote plus metal phone holder plus large tablet next to the Mavic Air is no good idea when calibrating. So I put the remote on the ground and then the Mavic let's me calibrate without an issue.

Yep same here,

Drone at ground,
Me 5 meters away,
Press btn in app to start calibration, (leave RC+phone there)
Pick up drone,
360 and Just watch the lights on the drone change, next step to do.

cheers
JJB
2019-7-21
Use props
Guillo10
lvl.3
Flight distance : 413 ft
Argentina

Ex Machina Posted at 7-18 15:07
Can you post a screen grab of the interface which you are interpreting as a compass calibration prompt? I think this might be a Go 4 UI fail rather than an actual compass issue, something I fell victim to when I first started out.

Hola

Como lo solucionaste ?

Muchas Gracias
2019-7-21
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

When I first started out, I misinterpreted the status screen as a prompt to calibrate, reasoning that the screen didn't appear on subsequent flights during the same flying session after calibrating -- like when swapping batteries. Are you making the same assumption?

If so, this is just an opportunity to calibrate, not a prompt to do so:

144551qvv6psjv7vnvkzcu.png

When you are too close to metal, you'll get MAG INTERF and CHECK APP messges on your RC, and the status screen will change the Compass status to Error:

IMG_0741.PNG

Anyway, hope this clears things up if you made the same mistake I did, otherwise, wish you good luck in resolving your problem soon.

2019-7-22
Use props
Mullheliflier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12305135 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Smart watches sometimes cause interference. I had issues with one. Once I took it off or wore a standard watch the problem went away.
2019-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules