Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Spark - Weak GPS Signal
2938 6 2019-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RiverRacerxX
New
United States

Hi all,

Just got my Spark yesterday and so far I cannot get a GPS signal strong enough to fly the drone. I have tried at home and at work, both in unobstructed areas, and I am only getting 2-3 satellites connecting. I also did a compass calibration at each spot as well. Still no GPS connection for flight. Is there a way to check the GPS module, or reset the drone?

Thanks
2019-7-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. I would like to ask if you've managed to update the firmware of your Spark? If so, you may try to refresh the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 then re-calibrate the IMU and compass to see if there will be changes. You could download the DJI Assistant 2 using the link below. For additional information, the DJI Assistant 2 can also be used for updating the firmware in any case that your unit is outdated when in terms of firmware version. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your support

https://www.dji.com/downloads
2019-7-18
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

"unobstructed",  just to the top, or also to the sides?
Do you have a "GPS-App" on your phone?
How many satellites is your device showing?

2019-7-18
Use props
Ronnie.Choy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1261211 ft
Singapore

Just curious, are you trying your Spark indoors?

If you are, bring your Spark outdoors to an open area to fly.
2019-7-18
Use props
RiverRacerxX
New
United States

Outdoors, in several locations, open fields, etc. I took it back to Best Buy and they determined the GPS was defective, so they returned it and refunded my money. Unfortunately Sparks are hard to come by now and I can't seem to find one in my area. And I just missed the sale on the Air. So, I will be waiting a bit for a new drone.

Thanks everyone!
2019-7-19
Use props
LouisP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

A brand new GPS module can take a very long time to download all the data that it needs from the satellites.  And spark does not have the best antenna apparently...  You should have taken it outside into an open field and let it sit on the ground turned on for at least 15 or 20 minutes... once it gets the first lock it will lock much quicker the next time.
2019-7-19
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sounds like either you live in a rural area that does not have good satellite coverage (which in 2019 is rare) or your Spark may be needing to be sent into the Service Center?
2019-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules