15433 48 2019-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Superbaso
lvl.3
  • >>>
Italy

djiuser_Y1yhAwSR57Vw Posted at 10-26 07:46
Hi All, just got my new SC and it took me several hours to balance. It was a PITA!
First I tried to balance this set:

I saw every video on yt about balancing the ronin sc....I think that with heavy lenses you need a counterweight to balance
2019-10-26
Use props
djiuser_YHVqg6bZrtl5
New

Germany

Montivette Posted at 7-28 20:53
Focus Pull works on Nikon Z6 without need to attach focus motor.  Need to be in AF-S or AF-C.  Also suggest going into application and changing sensitivity setting to low so you have some control. At default setting you turn focus wheel just a hair and focus changes way too much.

Is that make sens to you? With Z6 on MF modus we are able to seeing that Picking Higlights. But with Ronin SC Pulling Motor we can not focus unless we change the focus modus to either AFs or AFC. Then we are losing our Picking Highlights. I have found it really nonsense. Could you please find a solution about it? Or is it not possible to correct it?
2019-10-30
Use props
sOTToSoPRa
lvl.1

Belgium

Hi,  with the Nikon Z6 to use manual focus the motor is not necessary but only the focus wheal?
Can you confirm?
2020-6-13
Use props
sOTToSoPRa
lvl.1

Belgium

Chrome Dome Posted at 2019-8-20 13:58
Focus wheel is a must for proper dynamic shots (multi focus points in the same shot)...

Keep in mind old af lenses with the screw mechanics is not usable with the wheel (manual focus)... but newer lenses are just fine (consult the compatibility list in this forum).

With a nikon Z 6 the wheal is enough for manual focus? No motor is necessary?
2020-6-13
Use props
fans6abed81c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8084 ft
Italy

Hello Guys!
I bought my first gimbal today, I had a lot of problem to balance it with Nikon z6 + 24-70S at 35mm, but in the end, after 2 hours I won! Then I tried to balance with Iphone 7 on the camera to try Active Track. After 3 hours without success I was about to give up.
I want to share with you some tips that I found out after a lot of tests:
- Iphone without any case and you have to move the iPhone to the left (as much as you can)
- You have to put the camera on the left (as much as you can), so the phone doesn't hit the rear motor when you balance vertically pointed
- Now you can balance the tilt, then the vertically, then the roll and in the end the pan.

In this way the final test balance said me:
- Tilt: Good
- Roll: Excellent
- Pan: Excellent

I hope, you understood what I wrote.

2020-6-19
Use props
jeffyen
lvl.2
Singapore

sOTToSoPRa Posted at 6-13 17:56
With a nikon Z 6 the wheal is enough for manual focus? No motor is necessary?

It's not necessary in my situation, but need to be in AFS or AFC. I have:

- z 6
- z 24-70mm f/4 - Ninja V to check on focus peak

2020-6-26
Use props
PilotMike
lvl.1

United States

BayouFeller Posted at 2019-8-1 08:47
I noted that the direction that you use the cable matters. Did not work in one direction, but all functions worked as expected the other way. The angled C plug has to be on the Ronin, the straight in one on the Z6.

Thanks! This fixed the record stop/start issue I was having but the camera still will not focus when I press the button half way in AF-S/AF-C. Any thoughts?
2020-7-29
Use props
fansae78cffc
New
Germany

Hey Guys,

does anyone know something about the compatibility with z6 firmware version: 3.00 or 3.10? My z6 is on version 3.00 and the connection with the ronin-sc isn't working.
2020-7-30
Use props
djiuser_PgUnkKTpJJ8H
New

United States

Hello, same - my Nikon Z6 will not record video when paired w/my new DJI RSC2/ It records fine when not paired w/it. We did a firewire update for the camera. It shows the record on the camera screen in a square crossed out. Cord is hooked up from camera to DJI. Updated the firewire but it only went form 1.0 to 1.1, does it have to be 2.0?
2021-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules