ND filter won't stick well with screen protector.
2201 7 2019-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AndyUS19
lvl.2

United States

I just got screen protector (tempered glass type).  Unfortunately, ND filter won't stick well with screen protector on. I look carefully at the lens, there is a recess grove that stop ND filter moves around. So, I have to discard protector for lens cover. That means I have to be careful with it as much as possible to prevent scratch. Anyone has the same problem? I have PGYTech ND filter by the way.

2019-7-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day AndyUS19. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing your experience in using a tempered glass screen protector on the camera of your DJI Osmo Pocket. I hope that you will get the best information and feedback from our valued DJI members who has the DJI Osmo Pocket and are using these said accessories. In addition just a friendly reminder, please be cautious about using third-party accessories. These 3rd party accessories may affect the performance and may damage your DJI Osmo Pocket. Thank you for continued support.
2019-7-19
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

That topic was discussed in the forum many times in the past... if your filters are anything else than PolarPro, you will scratch the lens coating.
2019-7-20
Use props
JDVideo
lvl.2
United States

El Diabolico Posted at 7-20 11:48
That topic was discussed in the forum many times in the past... if your filters are anything else than PolarPro, you will scratch the lens coating.

PolarPro are great, as are Freewell. I use the Freewell IR - UV filter. I leave it on simply to protect the lens of the OP. Like all filters, whether you use PolarPro or Feewell, care must be used in the placement and removal. Slow and easy is necessary.
2019-7-21
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

JDVideo Posted at 7-21 05:19
PolarPro are great, as are Freewell. I use the Freewell IR - UV filter. I leave it on simply to protect the lens of the OP. Like all filters, whether you use PolarPro or Feewell, care must be used in the placement and removal. Slow and easy is necessary.

No filter except Polarpro has a rubber coating on the magnet strip, that’s what causes the scratches. I get if you look carefully yours will also have them.
2019-7-21
Use props
Freewell
lvl.4

Russia

El Diabolico Posted at 7-20 11:48

Hey,

This isn't true at all their are several feedbacks out there for the very same filter scratching the Osmo Pocket, We have tested almost all the know brand filter ourself & irrespective of which filter you use it needs to be taken care.

We do not believe in playing with words of marketing of rubber coating because that cannot save your osmo pocket the fact is using filter will save the main area of your camera which doesn't affect your footage, After all you are putting a metal on glass so it has to be taken care & it should be alright.

Thanks
Harry from Freewell
2019-7-21
Use props
JDVideo
lvl.2
United States

Freewell Posted at 7-21 19:16
Hey,

This isn't true at all their are several feedbacks out there for the very same filter scratching the Osmo Pocket, We have tested almost all the know brand filter ourself & irrespective of which filter you use it needs to be taken care.

Hi Harry

I have to agree. No matter what filter you use, you have to take care in it's placement and removal. Slow and easy. I use the Freewell IR - UV filter which remains on the lens for the main purpose of protecting the camera's front lens cover from scratches, which, by the way, from what I understand is very easily scratched. A $20 filter is a lot cheaper to replace than the time and $$$ spent to have it sent in for repair. I wouldn't mind so much if DJI designed the lens to be removed and replaced by it's user, somewhat like the Osmo Action, or even the GoPro HERO 7 Black.
2019-7-22
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

Freewell Posted at 7-21 19:16
Hey,

Hello Harry,

I cannot speak for Freewell although others had issues in this forum. I’ve used Skyreat and PGYTECH in the past and both were scratching the lens coating that unfortunately is very soft. Since I bought my 2nd OP I’ve been using PolarPro and their rubberized magnet strip hasn’t done any damage.

I tend to disagree on your damage assessment. The scratches might be outside the main lens area but I noticed 2 things: I had some weird flares that weren’t there before AND my resale value went down the drain.

Ps. I do use your filters with my Osmo Action and the quality is excellent without any issues. However, you could improve somehow the finish on the ones for the OP to minimize or avoid what we’ve discussed.
2019-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules