Defective Mavis 2 still not fixed after almost a year - FIXED!
123Next >
3794 81 2019-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanscb6385d2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 281283 ft
Greece

Some people say DJI sells Bananaware...

But this is NOT true.

It seems it does not ripe at all...
2019-8-13
Use props
MrSHENT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 191220 ft
United Kingdom

It'd be nice to actually hear some postive news from DJI regarding a fix for this long standing issue, the M2P is a great drone which such an amzing camera, the only thing letting it down is the poor implementation of the way points.
2019-8-13
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1167008 ft
United States

MrSHENT Posted at 8-13 02:25
It'd be nice to actually hear some postive news from DJI regarding a fix for this long standing issue, the M2P is a great drone which such an amzing camera, the only thing letting it down is the poor implementation of the way points.

I wouldn't say it is the only thing letting it down; but it may be the most significant.
2019-8-13
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer
United States

DJI,

When is the firmware update going to be released to fix this defect?
2019-8-19
Use props
fanscb6385d2
lvl.2
Greece

parkgt214 Posted at 8-19 12:46
DJI,

When is the firmware update going to be released to fix this defect?

DJI

When is the promised FW update coming, fixing this issue ? Any news?
2019-8-20
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer
United States

fanscb6385d2 Posted at 8-20 23:46
DJI

When is the promised FW update coming, fixing this issue ? Any news?

A year has gone by and still waiting for this defective drone to be fixed!
2019-8-28
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10355532 ft
Canada

Borocay Posted at 7-23 04:54
I specifically bought the Mavic 2 Pro to use commercially.  Most of my flights for customers involve waypoint missions.  I was shocked when I flew the first waypoint mission for a customer using Litchi and saw the stuttering when the camera was panning.  The customer even mentioned it and said it was unacceptable.  Thankfully I had my Mavic Pro with me,  so I flew the same route and the customer was happy.  That basically makes the drone useless to me.  If it doesn't get fixed then I'm selling it and flying my Mavic Pro.  This will be my last new DJI product if it doesn't get fixed.

yea for the Mavic Pro
2019-8-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Picanoc Jack Posted at 8-28 23:42
yea for the Mavic Pro

Maybe they could give us a one year anniversary present, in the form of new firmware.
2019-8-29
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer

Well the 1 year mark has come and gone with still no fix for the defective waypoint issue.

DJI where is the promised update and fix for this and other issues?
2019-9-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>

parkgt214 Posted at 9-6 15:08
Well the 1 year mark has come and gone with still no fix for the defective waypoint issue.

DJI where is the promised update and fix for this and other issues?

It’s not anything like a year since release of waypoints also waypoints were always promised to be added on at a later stage. Yes there not working as we might like and there has been a long wait for new FW to optimize, but even then I don’t expect we are ever going to get a waypoints program better than third party apps like litchi and this is par for the course with tech, there are so many more apps out there for my iphone that Apple can only dream about.

It might be better to fight your case under when are we going to get new FW, you may not be entirely on your own with that one.
Your friend above Stephan said he found a perfect way around system that’s there already, but choose to ignore all members here in relaying to them just what his discovery was .

I think this post will keep you up top for a short period, but I don’t see other users rushing to support this .
2019-9-7
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer

I guess you miss the point.  I don't care whether the program is ever as good as Litchi or Dronelink.  I would just like the jerkiness in any waypoint app to be fixed.  And that defect was there before WP 2.0 was released.
2019-9-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

parkgt214 Posted at 9-7 04:21
I guess you miss the point.  I don't care whether the program is ever as good as Litchi or Dronelink.  I would just like the jerkiness in any waypoint app to be fixed.  And that defect was there before WP 2.0 was released.

I haven’t in anyway missed any point, and if you read what I wrote you would see this, what we need is not waypoints but craft to be optimized and this is what I said, so it would be far more effective to try to track down when M2 will get a new FW to Optimize the propulsion system performance, this is probably the best way to correcting the FW that caused the problem in the first place.
It is very much possible to film with M2 without jerkiness footage, except at times while using waypoints .
Again you will notice apart from me and you there is little interest in this thread .
2019-9-7
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer

I do get very nice footage as you say hand flying.  There are missions that I would like to repeat over time with the same flight path.    Waypoint missions are the only way to be able to do it and match up the footage.

There are several more minor things that I wish were different; but not having usable waypoints is fail of DJI's part.
2019-9-7
Use props
fanscb6385d2
lvl.2

hallmark007 Posted at 9-7 09:24
I haven’t in anyway missed any point, and if you read what I wrote you would see this, what we need is not waypoints but craft to be optimized and this is what I said, so it would be far more effective to try to track down when M2 will get a new FW to Optimize the propulsion system performance, this is probably the best way to correcting the FW that caused the problem in the first place.
It is very much possible to film with M2 without jerkiness footage, except at times while using waypoints .
Again you will notice apart from me and you there is little interest in this thread .

Oh well, I do care...

...and while DJI is not fixing this issue, I keep telling other film-makers not to buy DJI products as DJI does not stick to their promises and does not care about their customers.
2019-9-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

fanscb6385d2 Posted at 9-11 12:19
Oh well, I do care...

...and while DJI is not fixing this issue, I keep telling other film-makers not to buy DJI products as DJI does not stick to their promises and does not care about their customers.

What was the promise they didn’t stick to ?
2019-9-11
Use props
fanscb6385d2
lvl.2

What do you want to hear?

- A functioning Waypoint API?
- A firmware upgrade?
- Or even the 1" 4K Full-read-out Sensor in the "Hasselblad" camera...?

Help yourself....

Just yesterday I sat down with a nature filmmaker and he asked me if he should buy the Mavic 2 Pro or wait for the next model....
I just laughed at him, telling him: if DJI released something, he would need to buy directly in China (without the respective rights we have in Europe), wait half a year and get an unfinished product which may or may not get fixed in the following year... Buying the Mavic 2 would not suit his needs, as the cam is not delivering the promised quality (4K FOV) and cannot deliver smooth footage in automated flight.

I proposed he should look at a Phantom 4 Pro. But he said he would rather buy new as he needs customer support... and this "care refresh" thing...  He was quite astonished that in the case he needed an exchange, he would get a used drone, with sometimes the same issues as the original customers had returned them.
2019-9-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

fanscb6385d2 Posted at 9-11 13:40
What do you want to hear?

- A functioning Waypoint API?

You got waypoints, you got 5x FW updates, if I look around this forum I see very few complaining about the 1” sensor.
Your pro friend is looking at a cheap way of filming if he’s looking at a Mavic or even P4pro which are still available with care refresh , so not really a pro so maybe a spark or mavic air would suit him, I have noticed that those who complain the most around here are in fact those who seem to fly the least , but I think that’s typical in most fields.
2019-9-12
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft

Like i mentioned a couple of times before, DJI doesn't do the software in house. That is why obviously there is a lot of delay in releasing the fw update.
I think AUTEL EVO is  progressing on the dji weakness as far as functionality is concerned.
2019-9-12
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer

S.J Posted at 9-12 16:34
Like i mentioned a couple of times before, DJI doesn't do the software in house. That is why obviously there is a lot of delay in releasing the fw update.
I think AUTEL EVO is  progressing on the dji weakness as far as functionality is concerned.

Not doing the software in house does not make the reason for the delay obvious.  DJI not making it any kind of priority and hiring a firm with the necessary resources to solve the issue in a expeditious manner is obvious.

This is the only DJI craft with this defect; what makes this a long drawn out reinventing the wheel process?
Did they change vendors for the software or is there a hardware issue underlying the defect that software cannot yet overcome.
2019-9-12
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft

parkgt214 Posted at 9-12 18:27
Not doing the software in house does not make the reason for the delay obvious.  DJI not making it any kind of priority and hiring a firm with the necessary resources to solve the issue in a expeditious manner is obvious.

This is the only DJI craft with this defect; what makes this a long drawn out reinventing the wheel process?

Fully agree
2019-9-12
Use props
fanscb6385d2
lvl.2

hallmark007 Posted at 9-12 09:46
You got waypoints, you got 5x FW updates, if I look around this forum I see very few complaining about the 1” sensor.
Your pro friend is looking at a cheap way of filming if he’s looking at a Mavic or even P4pro which are still available with care refresh , so not really a pro so maybe a spark or mavic air would suit him, I have noticed that those who complain the most around here are in fact those who seem to fly the least , but I think that’s typical in most fields.

What is the use case for Waypoints if you cannot produce smooth footage out of it?

Regarding the 4K FOV lie, not seeing many complaining may have multiple reasons. I presume the majority cannot distinguish 2.7k from 4K footage. The others who can gave up, as it is caused by the newly introduced cheap SOC in the M2P and is not fixable by software updates.

It is not about the price, it is all about size an weight for the gear. But I'll let him know you are signing up voluntarily to carry the Inspire on the long hikes in the field...

And yes... I am not "flying" much with the Mavic. This is correct. But using a drone is much more fun with a FPV racer, than a flying GPS tripod with a camera.
2019-9-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

fanscb6385d2 Posted at 9-13 02:35
What is the use case for Waypoints if you cannot produce smooth footage out of it?

Regarding the 4K FOV lie, not seeing many complaining may have multiple reasons. I presume the majority cannot distinguish 2.7k from 4K footage. The others who can gave up, as it is caused by the newly introduced cheap SOC in the M2P and is not fixable by software updates.

I suppose the funniest thing about all you waffle is you claim to do your flying FPV racing, and yet you cannot get smooth footage manually from M2, I would have thought that FPV racers last thing they would worry about is automatic flying.
The fact that your on every thread about automatic waypoint flying suggests your incapable of flying manually let alone FPV, I’ve been building racing drones for many years and have many friends who enjoy the sport, but I don’t know any of them who couldn’t fly as you call it a gps tripod drone and get good smooth footage, everything you say is incredibly contradictory.
Hopefully waypoints gets sorted soon and you will be able to get your drone out of beginner mode. LMAO....
2019-9-13
Use props
fanscb6385d2
lvl.2

Thanks for your comment, but it just shows you have no idea of filming or producing footage for a script... you are just personally insulted by any critics on a DJI product.
Sorry for the answer, I am feeding the troll....
2019-9-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

fanscb6385d2 Posted at 9-13 05:30
Thanks for your comment, but it just shows you have no idea of filming or producing footage for a script... you are just personally insulted by any critics on a DJI product.
Sorry for the answer, I am feeding the troll....

I know plenty about filming , I fly a matrice 600 used for filming and I have never needed to use waypoints for filming and I know many others working in the industry and they dont use waypoints either.
There’s only one troll giving out ridiculous information spending his time crying in his soup when all the while he doesn’t even fly, like I said once you get waypoints working you can take craft out of beginner mode.
2019-9-13
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer

hallmark007 Posted at 9-13 05:47
I know plenty about filming , I fly a matrice 600 used for filming and I have never needed to use waypoints for filming and I know many others working in the industry and they dont use waypoints either.
There’s only one troll giving out ridiculous information spending his time crying in his soup when all the while he doesn’t even fly, like I said once you get waypoints working you can take craft out of beginner mode.

In regards to this defect it really doesn't matter that others fly different crafts and don't use waypoints.  

For many there are reasons that they need the repeatability of a waypoint mission with smooth footage.

DJi with the M2 has failed to deliver on this somewhat basic capability that all other DJI craft manage.

I find it strange that those that are not troubled by this defect, bother to follow and post in these threads.
2019-9-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

parkgt214 Posted at 9-13 06:12
In regards to this defect it really doesn't matter that others fly different crafts and don't use waypoints.  

For many there are reasons that they need the repeatability of a waypoint mission with smooth footage.

I get what your saying if I have something to say on this matter I should keep stum unless I rant about it.
Maybe you would also take your own advice when you comment with almost the same rhetoric about M2 being only a half baked craft on as many threads as you can find.
2019-9-13
Use props
KerryG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>

DJI Panda Posted at 7-25 03:03
Hey guys, thank you for your attention and discussion about the waypoint. It will be optimized in the next firmware. Please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website, thank you for your support.

Two months since this reply was posted. Glad I didn't hold my breath waiting.
2019-9-13
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer

hallmark007 Posted at 9-13 07:26
I get what your saying if I have something to say on this matter I should keep stum unless I rant about it.
Maybe you would also take your own advice when you comment with almost the same rhetoric about M2 being only a half baked craft on as many threads as you can find.

I started most of them so I will keep ranting until DJI corrects the defect or never does and moves on to the M3.  Even then I may not stop.  Do you think they would at least be pretending to work on this is we went away quietly?
2019-9-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

parkgt214 Posted at 9-13 08:29
I started most of them so I will keep ranting until DJI corrects the defect or never does and moves on to the M3.  Even then I may not stop.  Do you think they would at least be pretending to work on this is we went away quietly?

I think if you were told that they will attend to it in next FW then that’s the truth, so whinnying and ranting is not going to get it before next FW, but I’m starting to understand that this is not really about fixing waypoints, because you already got your answer to that question, it’s more about your need to rant, in fact I think if this does get sorted then you will be lost and looking for the next thing to rant about.

Do you not think it strange that you ask a question , you get your answer but you continue to ask the same question, maybe your looking for them to say they won’t fix it, then you can burst a blood vessel and step up the ranting .
2019-9-13
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer

hallmark007 Posted at 9-13 09:18
I think if you were told that they will attend to it in next FW then that’s the truth, so whinnying and ranting is not going to get it before next FW, but I’m starting to understand that this is not really about fixing waypoints, because you already got your answer to that question, it’s more about your need to rant, in fact I think if this does get sorted then you will be lost and looking for the next thing to rant about.

Do you not think it strange that you ask a question , you get your answer but you continue to ask the same question, maybe your looking for them to say they won’t fix it, then you can burst a blood vessel and step up the ranting .

Empty promise so so far.  And no, I have nothing else at this point to rant about.  I have not been plagued by the swollen batteries that other complain about.

I really enjoy hand flying the M2' but would like to fully utilize the supposed capabilities of the craft.

Thanks for the help in keeping this in spotlight.
2019-9-13
Use props
fanscb6385d2
lvl.2

parkgt214 Posted at 9-13 10:56
Empty promise so so far.  And no, I have nothing else at this point to rant about.  I have not been plagued by the swollen batteries that other complain about.

I really enjoy hand flying the M2' but would like to fully utilize the supposed capabilities of the craft.

They released a new FW finally. I am currently updating as it says they improved WP :-)

I' will test... let's hope for the best....
2019-9-16
Use props
jpap
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1780679 ft

Looking forward for the stories of the brave people here who are going to upgrade and test the optimized WP 2.0

2019-9-16
Use props
fanscb6385d2
lvl.2

I could do some quick tests in the last daylight. I used POI in Go and in Litchi. Clock- and counter clockwise with different speeds. It seems the jerky movement of the gimbal is gone. This is a good sign
I need to run some more sophisticated missions, where the M2P always failed... but earliest on the weekend.
2019-9-16
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer

I also just ran some quick missions after an update and it seems DJI kept their promise.  Now the bird is well baked.

Ran Go4, Litchi and Dronelink; WP missions and Orbits.  It was a little gusty and I am still out reviewing on a laptop.  Initial impressions are that the issue is finally solved.  Will review later on larger 4K monitors.

Things looked  buttery smooth on Dronelink with their "Curved" interpolation setting easing transitions in and out.

Happy Days are Here Again!

ps: don't forget to update all batteries and the remote when doing the FW update.

2019-9-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

parkgt214 Posted at 9-13 10:56

Good now hopefully everything good for you, let us know how you get on .
2019-9-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

fanscb6385d2 Posted at 7-29 12:57
You Stasi comments are quite unpolite, but I assume you Irish guys are famous for being a little radical...

Regardless of that, we are waiting for a functioning Waypoint Function since the release. Delivering a broken, unusable 'something' is no delivery at all. Upgrading from the Mavic 1, I belived DJI Marketing that the Mavic would be able to perform at least on the level of the MP1... well that proved to be wrong. It simply is a lie.

Maybe people were not lying as you suggest .
2019-9-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for your update, Waypoints feature has been optimized on firmware V01.00.03.00, please do more flight tests and keep us updated if there is any other issue. Enjoy flying.
2019-9-16
Use props
djiuser_jcEUXKpv8ENS
lvl.1

Hi guys quick question can I use a mavic 2 enterprise for an event say a wedding
2019-9-17
Use props
fanscb6385d2
lvl.2

djiuser_jcEUXKpv8ENS Posted at 9-17 03:32
Hi guys quick question can I use a mavic 2 enterprise for an event say a wedding

Sure, but learn to fly first...

2019-9-17
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer

djiuser_jcEUXKpv8ENS Posted at 9-17 03:32

Asking that question suggest that you have much to learn before messing up someones wedding.  Just make sure yours is not the only footage taken or they may never speak to you again if you screw up!
2019-9-17
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules