12883 27 2019-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
iclubb
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I can't get my Smart Controller to update. Current version on the SC is 1.00.0530 but when I try to check for updates via WiFi I get the message "Failed to get server information, please check your net work connection". I tried different WiFi connections but all to no avail. I then tried to update via DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic it says "Network error, try again". The network is running ok as I get internet connection etc. Anyone had similar issues and managed to update successfully?
2019-7-19
Use props
Forestjim
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6606519 ft
  • >>>
Australia

This could be a long shot.   If you have an SD card in the SRC eject it and try again

Good luck
2019-7-19
Use props
Emma
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5635279 ft
  • >>>
France

Hello i also have this problem  , do it only via the application no wifi , try number of time by the end you will succed ( put the sd of also )  .
good luck .

E.
2019-7-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please try to reset the DJI Smart Controller and try to update again to see if there would be some changes? After resetting the SRC, try to update it via wifi or DJI Assistant 2. You may refer to the images below. Please keep us posted for us to further isolate the issue. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!

2019-7-20
Use props
iclubb
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 7-20 09:00
Hi, Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please try to reset the DJI Smart Controller and try to update again to see if there would be some changes? After resetting the SRC, try to update it via wifi or DJI Assistant 2. You may refer to the images below. Please keep us posted for us to further isolate the issue. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!

[view_image]

Hi DJI Gamora
I've done what you suggested but I still have the same error messages. Any other suggestions?
2019-7-20
Use props
fansde4f30ce
lvl.1
United States

iclubb Posted at 7-20 14:38
Hi DJI Gamora
I've done what you suggested but I still have the same error messages. Any other suggestions?

I’m having the same problem. At the email entry/activation page it tells me no internet connection. I can use the smart controller to go to different web pages so I know I’m connected. No SD card installed.
2019-7-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi DJI Gamora

Thank you for the additional information and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. We will forward this concern to our designated department for attention. We will surely provide you an update once we have feedback from them. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2019-7-23
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansde4f30ce Posted at 7-21 04:28
I’m having the same problem. At the email entry/activation page it tells me no internet connection. I can use the smart controller to go to different web pages so I know I’m connected. No SD card installed.

Did you double check your settings to ensure you have WiFi connection? Or WiFi turned on?
2019-7-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi DJI Gamora

Hi, thank you for your patience. Upon further checkout, it shows that the firmware v1.00.0530 is the latest firmware. However, you should get the message "It is the latest firmware currently" instead of "Failed to get server information" or "network error". Can you please try to connect the RC to the mobile device WiFi hotspot to see if it works. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2019-7-25
Use props
fans0ba2a4c3
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 7-25 12:16
Hi, thank you for your patience. Upon further checkout, it shows that the firmware v1.00.0530 is the latest firmware. However, you should get the message "It is the latest firmware currently" instead of "Failed to get server information" or "network error". Can you please try to connect the RC to the mobile device WiFi hotspot to see if it works. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

I am having the same problem with upgrading the Firmware on the Smart Controller.  I have opened a tech case via chat.

Today I was informed that the DJI GO 4 app on the Smart Controller is out of date.  I can't seem to update it either.
2019-7-26
Use props
TRDelaney
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37044 ft
United States

I am having the same issue. “ network error”, via iMac and “Go” . I have the original v .0315 and can’t get past it?
2019-7-27
Use props
DCSmith
lvl.2
United States

Ditto here.
2019-7-27
Use props
fans4e4611ac
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9436 ft
Poland

Same issue here.
2019-7-28
Use props
iclubb
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ok I finally managed to get past the "Failed to get server information..." and update  the firmware on the SC. I managed to go a friends house and download the DJI Assistant 2 and then updated the firmware 1st time. It seems that Windows Defender on my PC at home managed to block the internet connection to DJI for the update. I'll look into changing the settings so I don't have this issue for future updates
2019-7-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fans0ba2a4c3 Posted at 7-26 12:45
I am having the same problem with upgrading the Firmware on the Smart Controller.  I have opened a tech case via chat.

Today I was informed that the DJI GO 4 app on the Smart Controller is out of date.  I can't seem to update it either.

Thank you for raising this concern to us. Can you please provide us the error message that you receive when you are trying to update the DJI Go 4 app in your DJI smart controller. Also, you may try to connect to a different network to see if the problem will still persist. Please keep us posted for us to help you further. Thank you!
2019-7-30
Use props
lvl.2
Flight distance : 862018 ft
  • >>>
United States

I’m having the same issues for the last two weeks. DISGRACEFUL!
I cannot get this controller to work! It said I downloaded the update ok and then nothing. I cannot even see our if the camera. It keeps saying version mismatch. I have trekked everything everyone else has as well.
What next Dji? Better business bureau?
8F9A38D7-846A-490F-95CB-159B658884B4.jpeg
FF1BF5E0-213B-42FD-993A-527D1545FC47.jpeg
2019-7-30
Use props
lvl.2
Flight distance : 862018 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans0ba2a4c3 Posted at 7-26 12:45
I am having the same problem with upgrading the Firmware on the Smart Controller.  I have opened a tech case via chat.

Today I was informed that the DJI GO 4 app on the Smart Controller is out of date.  I can't seem to update it either.

hey there. Have you had any luck resolving these issues? I am having the exact same issues. I posted photos on this same thread last night. I haven't been able to fly my drone for two weeks now!
2019-7-31
Use props
Strattyvarious
New
Flight distance : 494449 ft
South Africa

I was also having this issue. I stumbled quite accidentally into the solution:

Ensure that you are signed into the dji go app on the controller. After this, the update check didn't have an error.

It would be nice if the updater would say this
2019-11-17
Use props
DNSM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 193894 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Strattyvarious Posted at 2019-11-17 09:17

Ensure that you are signed into the dji go app on the controller. After this, the update check didn't have an error.

They should give you a price!

After spending hours trying all sorts off stuff this was the solution for me too!

It is Unbelievable that DJI does not mention this anywhere and it is even more a mystery why I was logged out of the GO app but thx again mate, I am all set again.

DJI ADD THIS AS A NOTE TO THE FUTURE FIRMWARE UPDATES PLEASE, IT WILL MAKE THINGS SO MUCH EASIER.
2020-1-28
Use props
alloffroad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6339409 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Maybe this may help someon

So thought I quickly update my Smart Controller Firmware before a big trip next week.

I first updated trough the SC itself, which seems the logical way, like most people I read first few lines and click update. Only after the update is in progress, I scroll all the way down and see that the update can only be done via DJI Assitant 2. Hm why can I initiate an update if that is not supposed to happen? Why is the note that it needs to be done via Assistant ONLY on bottom of scroll screen after everything else?

I let the SC update finish, and it tells me it is successful (it's not) now my Mavic Pro constantly disconnects from SC and can't be used anymore.

Ok now I connect Smart Controller to my Mac Pro on Catalina and run DJI Smart Assitant 2 v2.0. It recognises the SC but can't find any Firmware.

I try the same on my Mac Book Pro, which also runs Catalina same result.

Reading through more DJI forum posts, it seems DJI can't be bothered supporting recent Mac OS Catalina and DJI Assist 2 only works with older versions of Mac OS or Windows. Good luck if you only have one computer.

Looking further on the DJI website  I also see there is a newer version DJI Assist 2 out 2.0.10. DJI Assistant it's probably the only software I have on my Mac who does not have a software update check and let you know of updates.

Ok, fortunately, I a have a few macs in my place, and an old Kid's I Mac still runs High Sierra so downloading DJI A2 2.0.10 and installing it. Now I can see the Firmware updates for the Smart Controller. Yeaaaa

I apply the first update, and that fails midpoint as you actually need to sit next to Smart Controller and tap the power button once in a while as SC otherwise shuts itself off and interrupts the Firmware update process. That is nowhere mentioned and counter-intuitive I only found this out after spending more time researching on the forum.

Finally, everything seems to work again, took only 4 hours and access to an outdated computer to get a simple Firmware update to work.

Just glad I was home and did not attempt the update via mobile data and no old operating system Mac at had would have wrecked  10 days of shooting on Fraser Island.

Like many companies, DJI seems to outsource QA and testing to the paying customer now not considering that people use the product in mission-critical events and may lose quite a bit of money and opportunity by bodged up updates.
2020-2-1
Use props
djiuser_Rn5KD0u3XB4k
New
United States

I am extremely disappointed in dji products. I have been trying to update my new sc but continue to get network error. I have tried several different macs and it is all the same. This is bs for what equipment costs. I just want to fly my mavic 2 pro and make some money. I am seriously considering sending the dji crap back and going with a different brand.
2020-12-12
Use props
TomAir9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 314144 ft
United States

Had the same problem but using the "Assistant 2" worked for me.
2020-12-23
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_Rn5KD0u3XB4k Posted at 12-12 14:38
I am extremely disappointed in dji products. I have been trying to update my new sc but continue to get network error. I have tried several different macs and it is all the same. This is bs for what equipment costs. I just want to fly my mavic 2 pro and make some money. I am seriously considering sending the dji crap back and going with a different brand.

Not sure how far you've gotten, but I offer the following.
Having read some different Mavic forums, they offered some steps to try after hitting this wall.
First, remove any microSD card.
Second, turn off bluetooth and WiFi from the controller.
Do a factory reset on the SC
After restarting,
Delete, the Go4 or Fly App (which every you use with your aircraft(s)
Re-download the latest App and allow it to install.
Now perform the Firmware update using DJI Assistant 2  (current version.. .0.14
2020-12-26
Use props
jimsoper
lvl.1

United States

I am having the same issue with my controller. Will not update because of a network error.
2022-2-16
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

jimsoper Posted at 2-16 08:52
I am having the same issue with my controller. Will not update because of a network error.

Tell us more about your setup.
Do you update while connecting the SC wireless to your router?  Do you use the assistent 2 for updating the SC?  Is your pc/mac connected using wire or do you use Wifi, etc ....

What is the message you got and when?  Did you get it strait away? Did it download a part?

If we know the circomstances, we might give you some advice.
2022-2-16
Use props
James Perkins4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4037841 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ensure that you are signed into the dji go app on the controller. After this, the update check didn't have an error.

This worked for me.
2023-1-11
Use props
Michael True
New
United States

Ensure that you are signed into the dji go app on the controller. After this, the update check didn't have an error.

Thanks for the post and know that you have helped others for over three years for this same issue. Outstanding!

Resolution: Ensure that you are signed into the DJI GO app on the smart controller.
2023-1-16
Use props
RKadia_SkyView
lvl.1
Thailand

IMPORTANT: You must be logged into the "DJI GO" app on the controller in order to update your firmware.
Once you log in, then go back to Settings > System Update ... and you will be good to go !!
2023-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules