Visual Calbration stuck at 0% calculating
13462 17 2019-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MeteoricDragon
lvl.2
United States

When preparing my drone for takeoff, it tells me That I need to calibrate the vision sensors.

I use the DJI assistant app to calibrate the vision sensors and have a problem that doesn't allow me to complete calibration.

I calibrate the front camera, back camera, bottom camera and side cameras by rotating the drone to follow the blue box on the screen.  After I do this, the dji assistant shows a "Calculating" screen with 0% progress and it is stuck at 0% and doesn't go any further.  The DJI assistant app didn't even ask me to follow the blue box by moving the drone (without rotating).  

2019-7-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day MeteoricDragon. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out.  With regards to issue that we are facing today, you may give a try to change the resolution of your screen for your reference you may take a look at this information. It is recommended to use a monitor with a size of 14 inches or more, and a curved screen is not supposed to be used. Set the display resolution to the recommended value (usually 14 inches for 1366*768 or 1440*900; 17 inches for 1366*768 or 1280*720; 19 inches for 1366*768 or 1440*900; 22 inches for 1680) *1050 or 1920*1080; 24 inches for 1920*1080 or 1920*1200). I addition I will be posting an official DJI Tutorial Video on how to properly calibrate the Vision System of the DJI Mavic 2. Please give us an update on the said situation for us to help you further. Thank you.

2019-7-20
Use props
MeteoricDragon
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-20 08:25
Hello and good day MeteoricDragon. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out.  With regards to issue that we are facing today, you may give a try to change the resolution of your screen for your reference you may take a look at this information. It is recommended to use a monitor with a size of 14 inches or more, and a curved screen is not supposed to be used. Set the display resolution to the recommended value (usually 14 inches for 1366*768 or 1440*900; 17 inches for 1366*768 or 1280*720; 19 inches for 1366*768 or 1440*900; 22 inches for 1680) *1050 or 1920*1080; 24 inches for 1920*1080 or 1920*1200). I addition I will be posting an official DJI Tutorial Video on how to properly calibrate the Vision System of the DJI Mavic 2. Please give us an update on the said situation for us to help you further. Thank you.

My screen size is 17 inches, and my resolution is 1920 * 1080.  and it is flat.  Not curved.

I performed the procedure as shown in the video tutorial.  My drone is still stuck at 0% calculation progress.  It says "Calibration information Collected.  Calibrating 0%"  And it does not progress
2019-7-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

MeteoricDragon Posted at 7-20 09:04
My screen size is 17 inches, and my resolution is 1920 * 1080.  and it is flat.  Not curved.

I performed the procedure as shown in the video tutorial.  My drone is still stuck at 0% calculation progress.  It says "Calibration information Collected.  Calibrating 0%"  And it does not progress

Thank you for the additional information provide and we're sorry to know that you still experiencing the same issue. Can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Assistant 2 on your computer and try to perform the calibration again to see if there would be some changes? Also, if the issue persists if possible that you can try to use a different computer for us to further isolate the issue. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!
2019-7-20
Use props
MeteoricDragon
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 7-20 09:35
Thank you for the additional information provide and we're sorry to know that you still experiencing the same issue. Can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Assistant 2 on your computer and try to perform the calibration again to see if there would be some changes? Also, if the issue persists if possible that you can try to use a different computer for us to further isolate the issue. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!

I uninstalled the DJI assistant and downloaded and reinstalled it.  I attempted to calibrate vision sensors again and there was no change.   I don't have another computer to use DJI assistant on.

I will explain some behaviors of DJI Assistant on my computer that may or may not be useful in diagnosing my problem.  The picture of the drone in the calibration steps tutorial looks like a DJI Mavic Air.  However, My drone is a DJI Mavic 2 Pro.  in the Youtube video tutorial posted above, the calibration steps picture correctly shows a Mavic 2 Pro and shows to rotate the drone on its side for the front camera calibration.  The calibration steps on my DJI assistant do not show that.  Some of the instructions are missing.  I think that the DJI assistant assumes that I have a different drone than the one I'm plugging in.  However, I am 100% sure that my drone is a Mavic 2 Pro.  Also, when I connect my Mavic 2 Pro to my computer, the grey icon on the screen says "Mavic Pro", not "Mavic 2 Pro".
2019-7-20
Use props
MeteoricDragon
lvl.2
United States

MeteoricDragon Posted at 7-20 10:32
I uninstalled the DJI assistant and downloaded and reinstalled it.  I attempted to calibrate vision sensors again and there was no change.   I don't have another computer to use DJI assistant on.

I will explain some behaviors of DJI Assistant on my computer that may or may not be useful in diagnosing my problem.  The picture of the drone in the calibration steps tutorial looks like a DJI Mavic Air.  However, My drone is a DJI Mavic 2 Pro.  in the Youtube video tutorial posted above, the calibration steps picture correctly shows a Mavic 2 Pro and shows to rotate the drone on its side for the front camera calibration.  The calibration steps on my DJI assistant do not show that.  Some of the instructions are missing.  I think that the DJI assistant assumes that I have a different drone than the one I'm plugging in.  However, I am 100% sure that my drone is a Mavic 2 Pro.  Also, when I connect my Mavic 2 Pro to my computer, the grey icon on the screen says "Mavic Pro", not "Mavic 2 Pro".

I think I might have the wrong version of DJI assistant 2.  Please stand by for updates.  I will try "DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic"
2019-7-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

MeteoricDragon Posted at 7-20 10:41
I think I might have the wrong version of DJI assistant 2.  Please stand by for updates.  I will try "DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic"

Thank you for your response. You may refer to the link below for you to download the right application. The Zip file is for Windows and the DMG file is for Apple. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads

2019-7-20
Use props
djiuser_JjJD7U3wxnjE
lvl.1

Norway

MeteoricDragon Posted at 7-20 10:41

You are not the only one, who make that error  :-)
2019-10-24
Use props
fans5c00204a
New
Flight distance : 103012 ft
Malaysia

I have the same problem on my m2p. I download wrong version.

Solution is: Download dji assistant 2 (mavic 2 pro version).
2020-8-4
Use props
djiuser_mQZd1j6DeaNG
lvl.1

Iceland

This error is still happening with my drone even when I have the correct application. Just stuck at 0%
2020-9-16
Use props
Brae
lvl.1

United States

I have this issue too.  And I am in the middle of a large project.  ugh!!!!!!!
2020-10-28
Use props
g1ng3rgirl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32359 ft
United States

WOW the process to get this done was absolutely ridiculous and hopefully I can help someone else out. I had to piece together information from 6-7 forums to finally get this to work.
  • Yes, the correct version must be used. If you're not using the version that's special to the Mavic, you'll see images disappear and the process gets weird about 50% through calibration. https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads for the correct version.
  • You can't simply install it on Windows 10 because there are drivers involved that are unsigned from Microsoft. The process will complete, or seem like it will, but it really won't. You have to disable unsigned drivers protection to get it to actually work.
  • https://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how-to-disable-driver-signature-verification-on-64-bit-windows-8.1-so-that-you-can-install-unsigned-drivers/
  • If you follow Option Two: Use an Advanced Boot Option at the link above it's pretty simple.
  • After doing the steps above and rebooting into Unsigned Driver Mode, install the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic (run as admin). It will now display a message that you're installing unsigned drivers and the answer is yes, you still want to.
  • It will ask to restart. Choose restart later.
  • Follow the steps to start in unsigned driver mode again as above.
  • The process for installing DJI A2 will complete after the restart, and you need to be in unsigned driver mode still to run it.
  • Run the software in unsigned driver mode (run as admin), get signed in, and calibrate. It will now show all the screens with correct images, correct instructions, and actually get through 100% really quickly.

30 second story - I was told to use a different monitor, a different computer, different resolutions, and then I finally called DJI and they were the WORST technical support I've ever experienced. They told me to go ahead and send it into DJI to replace all the sensors for parts + labor costs because I'm not under DJI Care Refresh. I just saved myself a couple hundred dollars and a whole lot of time because I was absolutely certain this was a software issue.

Hope this helps!
2020-11-4
Use props
fans262bffc1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25525 ft
United States

I download the correct program and it worked.  Only took 2 days to find this thread.
2022-8-28
Use props
NicktheArborist
New
United States

Here I am, it’s almost 2023… And I’m having the exact same issue. I downloaded the program onto my Mac, did the calibration… And waited for the end until it says, calculating information collected calibrating…

Now what?
2022-12-16
Use props
NicktheArborist
New
United States

No advice? I have tried multiple times to calibrate with the DJI Assistant for Mavic program in my Mac. It stays stuck after doing the on screen “video game” for calibration
2023-9-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

NicktheArborist Posted at 9-10 17:22
No advice? I have tried multiple times to calibrate with the DJI Assistant for Mavic program in my Mac. It stays stuck after doing the on screen “video game” for calibration

Hello there. I'm sorry about the inconvenience. If you have already followed the suggestions above by DJI Stephen and DJI Gamora and the issue still persists, we suggest sending the drone to our facility for further diagnosis. Please use the following link to contact our DJI support for assistance or submit a repair request: [url]https://www.dji.com/global/support[/url]. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
2023-9-11
Use props
Hamid Blogger
lvl.1

Pakistan

Hey there! If your visual calibration is stuck at 0%, try restarting your drone and controller, then attempt the calibration again. Also, make sure your firmware is up to date. If the issue persists, contact DJI Support for further assistance. Good luck!
2023-9-13
Use props
bdressel
lvl.1

United States

g1ng3rgirl Posted at 2020-11-4 21:02
WOW the process to get this done was absolutely ridiculous and hopefully I can help someone else out. I had to piece together information from 6-7 forums to finally get this to work.
  • Yes, the correct version must be used. If you're not using the version that's special to the Mavic, you'll see images disappear and the process gets weird about 50% through calibration. https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads for the correct version.
  • You can't simply install it on Windows 10 because there are drivers involved that are unsigned from Microsoft. The process will complete, or seem like it will, but it really won't. You have to disable unsigned drivers protection to get it to actually work.

• Thank you thank you thank you!!!! I have been trying to do this off and on for almost a year. I had the exact same robotic responses from DJI service. Always a different name responding with the stupidest advice that never worked. I was also told to send it to DJI for parts replacement.

One other thing to note is that as soon as you launch DJI assistant for Mavic 2, you'll get a popup to update the app. Don't do it! That broke it for me as well. I had to uninstall and reinstall and not update. It's been a very frustrating time but it's now back up and working.

Thanks again!
    Brian
    2023-10-9
    Use props
    Advanced
    You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules