Why my XIAOMI MI 9T doesn't recognize my OSMO POCKET ?
6416 13 2019-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thegreat34
New
France

Dear, Till now i used my OSMO POCKET to my IPhone 8S+ without problem. Recently i bought a XIAOMI MI 9T and it doesn't recognize my OSMO POCKET when i connect it by USB-C !
Is it normal ? I don't know what to do...
Thanks a lot for your advice and answer.

Christophe
2019-7-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Christophe. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Xiaomi MI 9T ) on the recommended mobile device list. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is still not recommended for your DJI Osmo Pocket as of the moment. Actually, there is a  possibility that the Xiaomi MI 9T will be able to work with the said DJI device however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Osmo Pocket and with the DJI Mimo application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the Xiaomi MI 9T when in use with the said device and with the said application and if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any inconvenience and any problem. Thank you.

2019-7-20
Use props
thegreat34
New
France

Thanks a lot for your answer Stephen.
I am really upset because this smartphone is recent. But anyway i still have my IPhone to use with my OSMO POCKET.
Thank you.
2019-7-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

thegreat34 Posted at 7-20 09:50
Thanks a lot for your answer Stephen.
I am really upset because this smartphone is recent. But anyway i still have my IPhone to use with my OSMO POCKET.
Thank you.

You are very much welcome thegreat34. Rest assured that our DJI R&D team are continuously testing multiple devices to be added in the said list in the future. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2019-7-20
Use props
serchanlook
lvl.1
Germany

Hello DJI Stephen,

thanks for your reply.
I have the same problem and hope this issue is addressed to the developers and will be fixed soon. I guess the mentioned problem applies for the Xiaomi Mi 9T, K20 and K20 Pro. (All three models are quite new and well received by the market/customers according to reviews and reports.)

Unfortunately I don't have an alternative phone available so I won't be able to use it with a phone for a while

Thanks in advance and best regards.
2019-8-9
Use props
Aurelosko
New

France

Hi everybody
Same problem i have a mi9t and he does not recognize it when i plug it.
The list of compatible phones is really not huge. I hope you will quickly make an update so that we can best use our camera

Thank
2019-8-10
Use props
Piticander
lvl.2
Flight distance : 774 ft

Same problem with Xiaomi Mi 9T, please fix it soon.
2019-9-3
Use props
Pilot Papa
lvl.1
Netherlands

I had the same, but after my Xiaomi Mi 9T received the update to miui 11 this week, the problem is solved!!!!!!!
2019-10-31
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-20 08:42
Hello and good day Christophe. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Xiaomi MI 9T ) on the recommended mobile device list. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is still not recommended for your DJI Osmo Pocket as of the moment. Actually, there is a  possibility that the Xiaomi MI 9T will be able to work with the said DJI device however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Osmo Pocket and with the DJI Mimo application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the Xiaomi MI 9T when in use with the said device and with the said application and if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any inconvenience and any problem. Thank you.

[view_image]

Hi Stephen.

While some phones not on your list work with some limitations, (My Huawei Pro lite 8 for instance) some of the phones on your current list are no longer available in the UK on contract for upgrading to, and we really do need a more comprehensive list of currently available phones please.
One thing I've noticed about phones reported not to work with the Mimo app is the phones themselves do not support the frame rates and resolutions of the Osmo Pocket or their cameras have less or more pixels than the Osmo Pocket. Both of which could be contributing factors to the incompatibility of the Mimo app and it's interaction with the pocket.

Again, my phone will only work with the Pocket at 1080p and 30fps which is a shared specification between both phone and Pocket, as  well as my phone sensor being the same resolution as the Pocket's although I'm not sure about whether that second specification is a factor or not.
While DJI do specify the oldest version of Android that the Mimo app will work with other determining factors are not.

As actual information from DJI is hard to come by it is difficult for the consumer to make an informed choice as to what phone would be compatible and an updated list of current compatible phones would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.
2019-10-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 10-31 02:10
Hi Stephen.

While some phones not on your list work with some limitations, (My Huawei Pro lite 8 for instance) some of the phones on your current list are no longer available in the UK on contract for upgrading to, and we really do need a more comprehensive list of currently available phones please.

Hello and good day Ray-CubeAce. Thank you for sharing these valuable information and your insights on this matter. Rest assured that this information will be cascaded top the designated DJI Department for further attention. We do value your support and for all your help here at DJI Forum. Thank you.
2019-11-4
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-4 15:04
Hello and good day Ray-CubeAce. Thank you for sharing these valuable information and your insights on this matter. Rest assured that this information will be cascaded top the designated DJI Department for further attention. We do value your support and for all your help here at DJI Forum. Thank you.

Thank you for your efforts Stephen.
Much appreciated.
2019-11-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 11-5 03:54
Thank you for your efforts Stephen.
Much appreciated.

You are very much welcome Ray-CubeAce. If you have any other inquiries, concerns and suggestions with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you.
2019-11-5
Use props
Rusttan
lvl.1
Turkey

I'm having a similar problem. DJI does not recognize mimo iphone x. What should I do.
2019-11-28
Use props
fricaldi
New

Bolivia

Please solucionen el problema con el Xiaomi mi9t pro estoy muy molesto, con tanta tecnología que tienen a la mano sería muy mal visto que no lo solucionen
2020-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules