3537 11 2019-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SimonFett
lvl.1
Belgium

Hi
I have a wobble problem see link: https://youtu.be/cbrY-IRQD1M
I have a sonyA7SII i use the lenses: Sigma 18-35 and Tokina 11-16 in the footage.
Yes its balanced acording the dji parameters.
i tried putting off my in camera stabilsation.
i calibrated all i coul calibrate, and played with the motor strengths.

Any toughts ?
or should i send my ronin back in for repair ?
2019-7-20
Use props
SimonFett
lvl.1
Belgium

#ronins #roninstroubleshoot
2019-7-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi SimonFett, improperly balancing the pan axis will result in a side to side wiggle when the gimbal is trying to stabilize the camera as you walk.
To double-check whether your pan axis is balanced properly, please take something like the included charger and place it under one of the tripod legs and hold the handle. With your other hand, go into the App and run the balance test. All 3 axes should be Excellent if properly balanced.
2019-7-20
Use props
clasico
New
Flight distance : 11257 ft
France

Hi
Exactly the same problem for me with my Panasonic GH4 + 25mm lens.
I tried what DJI Mindy said and the balance test results are excellent...
2019-7-21
Use props
fansae569767
lvl.1
Flight distance : 182982 ft
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-20 18:46
Hi SimonFett, improperly balancing the pan axis will result in a side to side wiggle when the gimbal is trying to stabilize the camera as you walk.
To double-check whether your pan axis is balanced properly, please take something like the included charger and place it under one of the tripod legs and hold the handle. With your other hand, go into the App and run the balance test. All 3 axes should be Excellent if properly balanced.

Hi, I just bought a ronin s and have a similar problem
And I'm completely disappointed with this .i have used  osmo+  for 3 years and i think the ronin s is in the same level even lower.
It is completely shaky and has a lot of wiggle especially when travel from up-right to down left  
Meanwhile, it balances is well and score excellent from all three directions!
Do you think there is a problem with my ronin? Or just I've had a lot of expectation from this device?
my camera sony a6500 16-105
2019-7-22
Use props
nemagar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 182982 ft
Germany

youtu.be/Eo1oMuoeIE8[/url]
2019-7-22
Use props
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

This looks like a balancing problem. Make sure to go through any YouTube tutorials on how to properly mount, balance, and auto-tune your gimbal.
2019-7-23
Use props
SimonFett
lvl.1
Belgium

To double-check whether your pan axis is balanced properly, please take something like the included charger and place it under one of the tripod legs and hold the handle. With your other hand, go into the App and run the balance test. All 3 axes should be Excellent if properly balanced.

Yhea tried all that and all good , I have the ronin over a year now , and did not have this problem until now.
2019-7-23
Use props
fans589cba4b
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12780633 ft
  • >>>
United States

i have problem to with the ronin s and sc. my pan is perfectly balanced and it keeps doing it.  if you bump your motor stiffness higher than autotune it makes the problem less visible but it's still no where near as smooth as drone footage or the ronin M.
2019-7-23
Use props
Paulooodomingo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18973 ft
Philippines

Hello, I’m also having a problem with my Ronin s in upright position or underslung position.

When gliding in normal position, I can get very nice footages, but when in underslung mode all my footages become shaky or wobbly.

I also notice that the pan motor and roll motor becomes weak when I turn in underslung mode even if the stiffness is adjusted to higher number. It seems that when I slightly touch it, it will cause some wave effect or wobbly effect and I can easily push the pan motor in small certain degree compare to a normal position which is so stiff even at low settings.

Is there any settings that i can access the pan and roll in low mode? I’m very nervous right now since its new and I don’t have any extra gimbal and I’m having an event shoot this coming Sunday.

I’ve been a Ronin user since 2017, I started with Ronin MX and i didn’t have any problem with that gimbal, I’ve been getting a lot of a good shot, and I switched to Ronin S so that I can carry it easily in wedding events.

PS.
Ronin S is updated and calibrated and tuned well in normal position and the wobbly footage is just my concern.

My camera is a7iii but did a test with different cam, a6300 and a7ii and still have the same wobbly footage also it does get worse on 35mm and Up lenses.
2019-7-24
Use props
SimonFett
lvl.1
Belgium

Yhea did al that, Its less but Still there.
2019-7-26
Use props
FollowOliver
lvl.1
United States

I guess I am switching to Glidecam. I see everyone has the same issues I am experiencing, even after ensuring proper balance (charger/tripod leg trick). Absolutely dreadful piece of gear.
2019-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules